Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

3 hours ago, blandy said:

The pub @Xela went to, I'm pretty sure when I lived round that way a long time ago, it used to be great for posh totty on a Wednesday night. 

I must have scared them away last Wednesday! 

The car park was full of decent stuff though... the usual selection of Audi and Mercs 4x4s along with Range Rovers, 2x Aston Martins and an older TVR (Chimera I think)

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

I must have scared them away last Wednesday! 

The car park was full of decent stuff though... the usual selection of Audi and Mercs 4x4s along with Range Rovers, 2x Aston Martins and an older TVR (Chimera I think)

Perhaps it was the same people, now just 30 years older? :detect:

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

A welcome return for Michaela Strachan’s live beaver cam.

As Scouting for Girls once sung, She puts the meaning in wacaday. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Since we moved, having somewhere nice to walk (no, not a typo) with not a chav or bull terrier in sight. Shame the village working men's club doesn't open til 4.

I'm surrounded by green areas and large parks, and i walk to work every day mostly through park land, it really can't be underestimated how good that is for the mind and soul.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

A working man shouldn't be out and about until gone 5 surely? :trollface:

When I worked at Jaguar in the late 80's we had a bar on site that opened at lunchtime.

also, the WMC attached to Jaguar used to open at 4.20pm, just as we were all getting ready to clock out at 4.30.

No wonder most of the blokes I knew back then are dead from drink-related illness.

I listen to a podcast were a couple of psychologists discuss and analyse modern day 'gurus' - the social intelligentsia, the likes of Jordan Peterson, the Weinsteins. The latest episode is on Peterson's daughter, who totally hasn't ridden on her dad's coattails to peddle the brilliance of meat only diets in the main. And it nearly made me piss myself listening while working.

The show basically takes clips of a specific episode/interview/whatever of the focused subject and between the clips they discuss and breakdown (and regularly mock) what's been said. Of course, on this episode, there's a lot of meat talk. A lot. The show they're analysing has a guest on, a guy with a very familiar Texas/Southern drawl, and, to paraphrase, this is what was said in an early clip.

Well every meal will have some large serving of meat in it... I can eat eggs fine some people don't but I find a lot of people who don't get on with eggs are actually allergic to the white, if they just have the yolk they're fine. So I typically don't break my fast until 1 - 3pm every day - I just don't think about it, I've got stuff to do. So sometime between 1 to 4 I'll think 'Oh I've not eaten today' so I'll go have a 12oz ribeye with 8 scrambled egg yolks and that'll be my breakfast'.

When he said 12oz ribeye I nearly wet myself. There's just something so incongruous with a bloke sitting down for breakfast with a big steak and a pack of eggs.

They later discuss using bacon to make any meal interesting when just eating steak for every meal, giving baby minced beef as a first meal, and having 'carnivore cheesecake', (which I'm imagining is just like, beef dripping with a jerky base).

40 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I listen to a podcast were a couple of psychologists discuss and analyse modern day 'gurus' - the social intelligentsia, the likes of Jordan Peterson, the Weinsteins. The latest episode is on Peterson's daughter, who totally hasn't ridden on her dad's coattails to peddle the brilliance of meat only diets in the main. And it nearly made me piss myself listening while working.

The show basically takes clips of a specific episode/interview/whatever of the focused subject and between the clips they discuss and breakdown (and regularly mock) what's been said. Of course, on this episode, there's a lot of meat talk. A lot. The show they're analysing has a guest on, a guy with a very familiar Texas/Southern drawl, and, to paraphrase, this is what was said in an early clip.

Well every meal will have some large serving of meat in it... I can eat eggs fine some people don't but I find a lot of people who don't get on with eggs are actually allergic to the white, if they just have the yolk they're fine. So I typically don't break my fast until 1 - 3pm every day - I just don't think about it, I've got stuff to do. So sometime between 1 to 4 I'll think 'Oh I've not eaten today' so I'll go have a 12oz ribeye with 8 scrambled egg yolks and that'll be my breakfast'.

When he said 12oz ribeye I nearly wet myself. There's just something so incongruous with a bloke sitting down for breakfast with a big steak and a pack of eggs.

They later discuss using bacon to make any meal interesting when just eating steak for every meal, giving baby minced beef as a first meal, and having 'carnivore cheesecake', (which I'm imagining is just like, beef dripping with a jerky base).

Was the gentleman called Ron?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Nice dogging spots there @rjw63. Just be careful of brambles!

Don't think I wasn't tempted.

Wife said no, unfortunately.

Edited by rjw63

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

When I worked at Jaguar in the late 80's we had a bar on site that opened at lunchtime.

Hang on a minute.....hang on a feckin' minute here....this had better be the castle brom site and NOT Solihull !

Otherwise I might have to drop you from my select group of fave posters. 

Mate.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Hang on a minute.....hang on a feckin' minute here....this had better be the castle brom site and NOT Solihull !

Otherwise I might have to drop you from my select group of fave posters. 

Mate.

Jaguar has never been built in Solihull, that's land Rover. Jags used to be built at Castle Brom alongside TR7's when I first started there on the industrial cleaning.

mate.

Bit of car making info for ya mate ;)

• Haha 1

Â