Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Can't believe its taken this long folks: 

DHUTWU

Going to wear this new suit I bought last week for our date tonight; hopefully will entice her...we shall see😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

70mph and one of the Police Camera Vans parked on a bridge overlooking the motorway.  

The standard timespans are 14 days to receive the letter asking who the driver was and another 28 days to give a notice intending to prosecute.  

I am now confident that I could argue “un-due delay” if necessary.  

There's a human operator in those vans, if he's looking at another car maybe on the other side of the road, he's not going to get you at the same time.

He could also have been on a break and reading Rapists Weekly

And even though your speedo says 85 you were probably doing 79ish, all speedos deliberately overestimate your speed, legally they aren't allowed to show a slower speed than you are doing but are allowed to be up to 10% out on the other side, most manufacturers have them at between 4-7%. It's so that you can never claim your speedo said you were doing below the limit when you were in fact over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There's a human operator in those vans, if he's looking at another car maybe on the other side of the road, he's not going to get you at the same time.

He could also have been on a break and reading Rapists Weekly

And even though your speedo says 85 you were probably doing 79ish, all speedos deliberately overestimate your speed, legally they aren't allowed to show a slower speed than you are doing but are allowed to be up to 10% out on the other side, most manufacturers have them at between 4-7%. It's so that you can never claim your speedo said you were doing below the limit when you were in fact over.

It’s also to cover for variations due to wheel sizes. Bigger wheel/tyres will generate a lower speed on the dash.

The Human Rights Act Article 6 gives everyone the right to a fair trial.  One of the things that makes a trial fair is "without excessive delay".  There is no definition of excessive delay because it is proportionate to the offence. But for something simple like a minor speeding offence 6 weeks is an excessive delay.  Just to be clear on this.........it needs to be the prosecuting authorities avoidable delay.  If you delay the matter HRA6 does not apply.  

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Mark Delaney

Carmarthen Town / Cardiff / Aston Villa / Wales all in 1999 (from memory I could be wildly wrong)

I saw him play down the road here, we were about 15 minutes in to the game and I said to my bro, he won’t be with Carmarthen for long.

Then we gave him dogs abuse for the remaining 75 minutes because we decided he ran like Forest Gump.

Massively underrated player for Villa.  Total unsung hero and delighted he's still earning a living with the club. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Presenting my brother this morning with Game 3 tickets of the playoff series between the Braves and the Brewers. We haven't been to Atlanta to see them play in forever so to say he was excited would be an understatement. Great birthday for him so far. Game is tomorrow so we headed to Atlanta here shortly.😀

Woah.  Very nice'n'all but you've just come posted on here without mentioning the hot date. We're all waiting with bated breath goddam you. 

7 hours ago, Big Salad said:

My bad pal lol. Well here goes:

First off I got to her apartment late due to a wreck on my way there and then I realized that my breath smelled like ass so I whipped into a convenience store and grabbed some breath mints(Spearmint if that matters). When I got to her house she opened the door wearing a red dress that clung to her in all the right places and I must have been staring with my mouth open because she had to snap her fingers to get my attention lol.

We then proceeded to go to a local night club and danced for awhile(My dancing leaves a bit to be desired...but I tried). After some dancing and drinks we then went back to her place, turned on some Marvin Gaye...and let us just say I did what I had to do😉💪

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Big Salad said:

My bad pal lol. Well here goes:

First off I got to her apartment late due to a wreck on my way there and then I realized that my breath smelled like ass so I whipped into a convenience store and grabbed some breath mints(Spearmint if that matters). When I got to her house she opened the door wearing a red dress that clung to her in all the right places and I must have been staring with my mouth open because she had to snap her fingers to get my attention lol.

We then proceeded to go to a local night club and danced for awhile(My dancing leaves a bit to be desired...but I tried). After some dancing and drinks we then went back to her place, turned on some Marvin Gaye...and let us just say I did what I had to do😉💪

You know the drill :

pics-or-gtfo.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

8 bottles of free cider, better than a kick in the teeth

After 8 pints of that, you'll be kicking other people in the teeth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Genuinely the biggest prize I've ever won in anything

8 bottles of free cider, better than a kick in the teeth

A friend over the weekend was telling me another friend of his pays a monthly subscription of £20-odd to be entered into "every competition" - and has won in the last few years, things like weekends away, alcohol, experiences etc.

I wouldn't do it, I'd rather just choose what I want to do, but does anyone else do this?  If so, what'cha won? 

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

A friend over the weekend was telling me another friend of his pays a monthly subscription of £20-odd to be entered into "every competition" - and has won in the last few years, things like weekends away, alcohol, experiences etc.

I wouldn't do it, I'd rather just choose what I want to do, but does anyone else do this?  If so, what'cha won? 

I read in a magazine of a woman that entered every competition she saw in various magazines,and according to her she has won heaps of different stuff.

Â