Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

54 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Jaguar has never been built in Solihull, that's land Rover. Jags used to be built at Castle Brom alongside TR7's when I first started there on the industrial cleaning.

mate.

Bit of car making info for ya mate ;)

I think some of the Jag SUVs are done in Solihull now, as well as Austria. 

Thats progress for you. 

Mate.

Edited by Xela
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think some of the Jag SUVs are done in Solihull now, as well as Austria. 

Thats progress fro you. 

Mate.

You beat me too it, Jags currently built in Solihull and Graz (Austria). They also had the X-Type in Halewood and further back they built several models at Browns Lane in Coventry  /history lesson

Edit: Jags are also built in China for China market.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

You beat me too it, Jags currently built in Solihull and Graz (Austria). They also had the X-Type in Halewood and further back they built several models at Browns Lane in Coventry  /history lesson

Edit: Jags are also built in China for China market.

Austria is the Magna Steyr place isn't it? Always associate that with the G-Wagen. Effectively an outsourcing company for manufacturers? 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Austria is the Magna Steyr place isn't it? Always associate that with the G-Wagen. Effectively an outsourcing company for manufacturers? 

Yeah, they build the E-Pace and I-Pace. They have built loads of cars over the years. I think they currently build the Z4 too.

Our Amazon Fire Stick gave up the ghost last week. I was about to order a new one when my daughter casually mentioned that she'd just won one in a competition, but already had one, so she gave it to us. Result.  

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Our Amazon Fire Stick gave up the ghost last week. I was about to order a new one when my daughter casually mentioned that she'd just won one in a competition, but already had one, so she gave it to us. Result.  

I have a new one which is great, and a really old one that is slow as hell. I’m waiting for Black Friday when they’ll certainly be heavily discounted. 

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Mine also died a couple of weeks ago  , I’m sure it’s a coincidence but Amazon launched a new fire stick around the same time …. It’s quicker than the old one and a different interface but I only really use it for the NFL game pass

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Also watching the NFL

Subways advert for their new all American club sandwich... With black forest ham

Got to love them yanks 

Actually had one of those on Friday to try it out.Meat was good but the bread was dry as ****.

Â