Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

We've had a things that piss you off that shouldn't thread that went on for hundreds of pages. So I thought I'd start a more positive one. About things that cheer you up or make you feel good when you've been a bit down.

If this makes it even 100th as long as the 'things that piss you off...' thread I'll be amazed!

So anyway what's happened to you recently that's cheered you up or made you feel good. Anything really. From an unexpected phone call from someone you haven't heard from in ages, to finding a fiver in your jeans that you'd forgotten about. Maybe you've got a holiday to look forward to.

Come on people let's have some positivity!

I'll start us off. I go to Germany on Thursday for 9 days, followed by a day at the Notting Hill Carnival.

Last weekend my best mate asked me to be best man at his wedding. I kind of thought that I would be anyway, it's was always going to be me or one other. But just to hear him say it felt good. And then to hear him tell his wife to be that there was no way he was getting married at the World Cup in Brazil if I wasn't going to be able to go (insurance issues relating to my illness, same as not being able to go to this World Cup).

Finally after tomorrow I get four weeks off chemo, which will be great (especially as it means I'm off treatment for the Germany trip.

So we've all got miserable things in our lives (me more than most probably) so come on, let's hear something good in your life or something that's cheered you up recently.

• Like 3

I seen my uncle for the first time in years over the weekend. He's a lovely chap, was good seeing him again. He palmed off his old cookery books onto me "for the flat". I'm sure I'll put them to use, eventually.

I also turned a £2 scratch card into £4 this evening. That was good too, I'm particularly skint at the moment.

Getting back to work again tomorrow after a 5 week vacation. Some project planning and then getting stuck into the coding again. Best of all, we haved moved into our new offices so that will be nice as well. Timed the vacation perfectly so I missed the actual move. :D

The first gulp of a cold 500ml bottle of Coke after the first bite of a bar of chocolate while sitting down to watch a new episode of Futurama or IT Crowd or The Life and Times of Tim

Â