The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

What run? It didnt exist, people made it up.

Seen comparisons to Maradona, McInally and Atkinson yet doesnt even make the extended highlight reel.

Villa obviously dont want the big clubs seeing what he did is the only conclusion i can make.

That's just speculation ;)

• Haha 1

Reading an article on the boro gazette this morning. They seem pretty sure what they need to do to win. Besic man mark grealish. They recognise he is a huge threat to them. This then frees howson up. Start bamford. Nice to see that they have it cracked anyway.

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

How neither of the Boro players were booked for that is a complete mystery, 3 attempted professional fouls by 2 players and if Grealish had gone down for any of them it's an automatic booking, and people wonder why players go down so easily these days! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weedman said:

How neither of the Boro players were booked for that is a complete mystery, 3 attempted professional fouls by 2 players and if Grealish had gone down for any of them it's an automatic booking, and people wonder why players go down so easily these days! 

Given the refs performance I think it'd have been more likely that Jack would have been booked for diving. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

So Adama was in Huttons pocket all game, yet scores 8.4 and is in team of the week?

I thought he had a good game, he was double marked , sometimes had 3 players around him but still managed to get free of them a few times. Put in a perfect cross for Assombalonga who should have scored as well.

Boro over relied on him rather than using him as a decoy to get other players into more space.

I had my heart in my mouth a few times when he had the ball, I don't subscribe to this notion that Hutton had him in his pocket at all

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I thought he had a good game, he was double marked , sometimes had 3 players around him but still managed to get free of them a few times. Put in a perfect cross for Assombalonga who should have scored as well.

Boro over relied on him rather than using him as a decoy to get other players into more space.

I had my heart in my mouth a few times when he had the ball, I don't subscribe to this notion that Hutton had him in his pocket at all

Because some of those were first half, whenElmo tracked Traore when Traore switched to the (his) left as Huttonwas man marking him. Second half Hutton followed him everywhere, with Elmo moving to the opposite flank, and Traore got nothing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Junxs said:

He did ok. 

But the point is not once, as far as I recall, did he beat hutton down the line or really lose his marker, whether it was Hutton or not.

He still looked Boro's most dangerous player, but we really kept him under control for the whole game.

10 hours ago, weedman said:

Particularly annoying considering the bent ref booked Hourihane after one of their moves broke down!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Junxs said:

If he had a brain he would release the ball when we doubled up on him which would almost be like taking one of our players out the game. 

Luckily for us he just tries to take everyone on instead. 

No doubt about it the guy is an immense talent though. If he had an ounce of football intelligence he would probably be playing for a top 4 premier league club by now. Ability wise he has it all. 

If John Terry is appointed Chelsea manager before we're in a position to be competing for CL places, we should be worried that Jack will go to Stamford Bridge.

He's improved exponentially this season, and the presence of JT must represent a huge part of that.

• Like 2

He's a class above.

Yet another shot easily good enough to be rewarded with a goal.

How about those passes?

Adama might be pacey and exciting, but Jack was more imposing and influential in this fixture.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2018 at 14:29, Stevo985 said:

So many times he takes what initially appears to be the wrong decision direction or move wise and bosses it. Baffling, he literally just has something.

Watching that interview with terry. That is why we need ti try keep terry here as a coach. My god his influence on grealish has been phenomenal 

Was excellent today and the North stand erupted when he did some super tackle in the 80 minute. He looked absoluteky knackered well done lad.

• Like 1

In my lifetime, there's never been a gap this big between one player and the rest of the squad.

Unreal footballer. Destined for the top. Hopefully he takes us with him.

• Like 2

Â