The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We must get him onto the ball as much as possible against fulham. The more he is on it the less cairney, johnansen and mcdinald are and that can only be a good thing for us because fulham always go through midfield and targett and frediricks up the flanks. We can beat these.

Class performance from Jack. When we started playing him in the middle, I was thinking it was ok as really he was in the hole behind the front man, as he is too lightweight for a real CM position but i was worried, but I was so wrong. He is playing an orthodox CM position and dominating there. He is up against bigger more experienced players most weeks and comes out on top. He is like a modern day Gazza. he will thrive in the prem if we can get there in be in the first England squad that is announced in the new season. With many suggesting he probably should have gone to the WC after we probably balls that up this summer. The lad is a superstar. Just hope City don't come hunting, but I think he would stay anyway. True villa lad.  

So excited for our future because of him. I haven't been excited about a player since Benteke and even then it wasn't as much as this. 

I just wish the commentators and pundits would stop calling him a "talent" as if he still hasn't realized it. Call it like it is. He is an excellent player, playing superbly at the moment.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So excited for our future because of him. I haven't been excited about a player since Benteke and even then it wasn't as much as this. 

I just wish the commentators and pundits would stop calling him a "talent" as if he still hasn't realized it. Call it like it is. He is an excellent player, playing superbly at the moment.

He needs to play further up field, where his work is better placed....but equally understand why, he did play deeper against Boro.

I think he will be deployed further forward against Fulham.....his passion and enthusiasm has him trying to do it all.....I would prefer to see him in positions to  hurt the opposition.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

The way he worked his shot summed him up. Everybody knew what he was going to do even Boro midfielder but couldnt stop him beating him

Yep your right. Trouble is I think everyone in the ground knew where he was going to put the shot too including the keeper. I wish he'd change that up a bit either go for the other corner sometimes or even just put his laces through it. When he adds regular goals which I do think will come then he can be anything he wants. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

What a player he is becoming. So much better in this deeper role. His work ethic, strength, tackling, positioning, anticipation (basically all those stats from Football Manager) have improved ten fold.

I think his talent is diluted playing further back.....but understand why against Boro.

I think he will play further forward against Fulham.

• Like 1

Â