The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I had to give mom to Hutton bit Jack was brilliant again. He now has it all, the skills, the awareness, pace (where’s that come from ?) determination, guts, commitment, tackling back. Superb.

• Like 1

Would be a pure ballsy decision from southgate to include him for russia but if i was asked if grealish could hold his own in this england squad at a world cup this summer ? 100%. No doubt. Thats not villa bias. This england squad been the operative word. Im not having it that livermore, lallana and wilshere ( who all 3 will be in contention ) are playing better football or are better conditioned and fitter than grealish at the minute. No way. But....he's playing championship and southgate is too media friendly to make a ballsy call and look past that.

• Like 3

Just now, a m ole said:

Was desperate for that run to end in a goal, would have deserved it. Watching defenders fall over, try to grab hold of his ankles and still miss is a sight to behold.

Would have been a sensational goal. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Would be a pure ballsy decision from southgate to include him for russia but if i was asked if grealish could hold his own in this england squad at a world cup this summer ? 100%. No doubt. Thats not villa bias. This england squad been the operative word. Im not having it that livermore, lallana and wilshere ( who all 3 will be in contention ) are playing better football or are better conditioned and fitter than grealish at the minute. No way. But....he's playing championship and southgate is too media friendly to make a ballsy call and look past that.

All true. But tbh its ok. I have a horrible feeling England is not going to have a very pleasant trip in Putin's Russia so I am more than happy to keep Jack safe and sound at home this year.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

I’m not sure I necessarily agree with him being MOTM on this occasion, but he still had a good game. Absolute class act. 

I was the same. His stats though are incredible for this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Was desperate for that run to end in a goal, would have deserved it. Watching defenders fall over, try to grab hold of his ankles and still miss is a sight to behold.

Yeah, I turmed to my brother and said that was like Maradona in 86.. if only he had scored that would have been my favourite goal ever

His stats yesterday were incredible. Truly incredible. He did everything you would want. 

Absolutely dominated as a cm not just a number 10.

Desperate to go up so that this kid can become something special with us. 

• Thanks 3

Pulis said beforehand Traore needed protecting, well he definitely needs to speak to his own players. They couldn’t handle jack tonight and only had the option to foul him incessantly. The way he moves with the ball is a sight to behold.A legend in the making, can’t wait to see what he’s like at 25/26 in his prime, hopefully he’s still with us

13 hours ago, terrytini said:

I had to give mom to Hutton bit Jack was brilliant again. He now has it all, the skills, the awareness, pace (where’s that come from ?) determination, guts, commitment, tackling back. Superb.

The pace he showed on that run he went on was amazing. I just wish the other villa attacker had not cut across him because that made Jack take a bad angle for a shot. If Jack could have cut in on to his right foot he would have scored one of the greatest goals scored in a Villa shirt. 

28 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The pace he showed on that run he went on was amazing. I just wish the other villa attacker had not cut across him because that made Jack take a bad angle for a shot. If Jack could have cut in on to his right foot he would have scored one of the greatest goals scored in a Villa shirt. 

All I could think was Atkinson 

13 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Is that real? That is astonishing if it is.

Showed Traore what a real special player looks like. His football IQ is off the charts, whereas Adama has almost none. The best part is that he has the technical skills to go along with it. Truly a joy to watch. We have to go up for his sake at least.

Â