The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

This is not me on the wind up but Grealish is seen as our stand out star... so would you swap him for Sessegnon if you could tomorrow?

Forgetting the whole 'one of our own' thing, is Sessegnon both better now and have more potential? I do worry that this final is going to be decided by the wrong young star.

Different types of players.

From what I have seen Sessegnon has better pace, faster reactions and will get more goals.

Grealish has better technique, is more creative and is better running with the ball and threading passes through.

Have a horrible feeling Sessegnon will score - he doesn't even need to be playing well or be involved and he seems to pop up and score.

Big pressure on him though and we know Jack can perform at Wembley in the big matches. Let's see!

• Like 2

not comparing the 2 players but what i anticipate to be their careers, sessegnon will get a big move first, i think both players are in danger of getting a bad move where they arent played in their favoured role, arent centered around and more than likely dont live up the hype of their fee, sessegnon being used in the ashley young role jumps out at me straight away, i think jack has a rarer ability and skill set

i would have thought the pre match build up would be more one vs the other with the hopeful outcome that jack has seen and done it before whereas sessegnon would start to crack

Jack's the type of player who will be great to build a team around, he's got the guile and technique to take him well into his 30s.

Sessengnon is pace and power - Like Lennon, Gabby, Owen etc before him as soon as he loses that pace and power to get into the positions to "pop up and score", he'll be useless. 

One will be great well into his 30s, the other will likely be burnt out by 30 - I know which player I'd place in each of those categories. 

• Like 3

I think sess is the better player atm but there are plenty of players like him. Grealish on the other hand seems to be one of a kind the way he dribbles through players like they aren't there. I'd take grealish just to see what he turns into. 

• Like 1

Haven't seen enough of Sessegnon to judge him but Grealish is destined for great things. Put him in a Man City team and he would flourish. In an ideal world we would get promoted this year, get a proper manager in and then build a good, passing team around him. Fro a veriety of reasons I think we will struggle to hold on to Jack in the long term. Enjoy him while he's here. 

• Like 1

From what I’ve seen of Sessegnon (admittedly a relatively limited amount) he doesn’t really seem to influence games as much as Jack, but has a great knack of knowing where the ball will fall for an easy finish. He’s also very good at interplay around the box, and this has only been improved by having Mitrovic in the team, who pins the centre half and acts as a pivot for him to pass to and run off. He isn’t very strong though (hardly a crime at the age of twelve), and Tuanzebe bullied him in the away match to the extent he refused to go near him after a strong challenge two minutes in (albeit he did score!).

Jack is a more complete player currently, and certainly far, far better for us in our current state. Sessegnon would be wasted in our team as we don’t play a style that’d suit him - however, Jack drives everything that we do (whether that be from driving runs in open play to making slide tackles to winning free kicks), and the fact we are where we are despite our two wingers being on a bit of a lean patch offensively is massively down to him. To top it all off, he’s a fan and you can really tell how much it means to him.

In conclusion - Sessegnon has amazing stats for a teenager and has a great start on the way to becoming a really good player, but right now I wouldn’t swap Jack for anyone in this division (or for the majority of players in the division above) :)

Edited by Carlos_the_third
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Haven't seen enough of Sessegnon to judge him but Grealish is destined for great things. Put him in a Man City team and he would flourish. In an ideal world we would get promoted this year, get a proper manager in and then build a good, passing team around him. Fro a veriety of reasons I think we will struggle to hold on to Jack in the long term. Enjoy him while he's here. 

Get a proper manager in? Wouldn't you say grealish playing his best we've seen him since Bruce has came in? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carlos_the_third said:

From what I’ve seen of Sessegnon (admittedly a relatively limited amount) he doesn’t really seem to influence games as much as Jack, but has a great knack of knowing where the ball will fall for an easy finish. He’s also very good at interplay around the box, and this has only been improved by having Mitrovic in the team, who pins the centre half and acts as a pivot for him to pass to and run off. He isn’t very strong though (hardly a crime at the age of twelve), and Tuanzebe bullied him in the away match to the extent he refused to go near him after a strong challenge two minutes in (albeit he did score!).

Jack is a more complete player currently, and certainly far, far better for us in our current state. Sessegnon would be wasted in our team as we don’t play a style that’d suit him - however, Jack drives everything that we do (whether that be from driving runs in open play to making slide tackles to winning free kicks), and the fact we are where we are despite our two wingers being on a bit of a lean patch offensively is massively down to him. To top it all off, he’s a fan and you can really tell how much it means to him.

In conclusion - Sessegnon has amazing stats for a teenager and has a great start on the way to becoming a really good player, but right now I wouldn’t swap Jack for anyone in this division (or for the majority of players in the division above) :)

There is also a chance that Sessegnon is crap next season and never tops this year. We've seen it many times. 

Jack has done it for years now, including on the big stage and has just got better and better.  I have no doubt whatsoever he will improve more. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is also a chance that Sessegnon is crap next season and never tops this year. We've seen it many times. 

Jack has done it for years now, including on the big stage and has just got better and better.  I have no doubt whatsoever he will improve more. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying Jack has done it for years, he has been pretty inconsistent ever since the Semi Final at Wembley. However there are reason's for it, injuries, poor squads, changes of managers, various positions. Agreed though this season he has got better and better and could become a massive player for this club... if we go up...

Edited by wilko154

Jacks work rate at the riverside was impressive especially dropping deep in midfield. He needs to work like that again like all of em do when we dont have the ball . Fulham can get a bit flustered when they arent allowed to knock it about on their terms, thier pace. Their passing game will only be as good as we let it be. That, we are in control of.

Â