The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He is quickly becoming more than just an attacking midfielder and on the way to being the complete midfielder I feel.

He's definitely improved significantly in his defensive work which has been bolstered by his improvement in physique and strength. 

I think he'll always veer on the attacking side of the game primarily but it's more than useful to be decent in other aspects. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He's definitely improved significantly in his defensive work which has been bolstered by his improvement in physique and strength. 

I think he'll always veer on the attacking side of the game primarily but it's more than useful to be decent in other aspects. 

He made a cracking tackle on Saturday at one stage in the first half in our half. Then got straight up and moved forward with the ball in to the opposing half. I couldn't believe what I was seeing from a Villa player. It really has been a depressing couple of years hasn't it??

• Like 1

He is finally realising there is more to it than just attacking. His work ethic and fitness has improved tenfolds since he has returned from injury. 

Credit to the lad. When he plays like that.. there is less pressure to create on him as hes putting in a shift as well. Whereas before we needed him to create as he was just a passenger if he didnt. 

Fair play. 

Credit to Steve Bruce and John Terry and all the coaching staff and senior players. Really really had an effect on him and other players too likely. Terry imp articular.. wow. the way he treats him.. its like his own son. Arm around the shoulder. You could see Jack looks upto him. 

Of course, the most amazing thing about Jack becoming so damn good is that Sir Gary Cahill actually correctly predicted what a great player he'd become. Re-reading the first few pages of this thread is very interesting!

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Well, here he is. 

So I'm not the only one who went back to the start of this thread :D  Got a good laugh out of it, before it descended into the usual :P  And Adam Johnson eh? How the mighty fall.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Every dog has his day ;)

1 out of 250 like...... 

Aw... Don’t be mean to SGC. I love his boundless optimism and enthusiasm for our younger players. 

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 3

What's also fantastic about page 1 is a current premier league player saying he hoping Jack makes it ?

Probably posted while looking through universities to attend.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Didn't his brother Kevin post on here prior to Jack getting in the first team I seem to recall.

yep left when Jack broke through for obvious reasons....

On 17/05/2018 at 12:17, MrDuck said:

Of course, the most amazing thing about Jack becoming so damn good is that Sir Gary Cahill actually correctly predicted what a great player he'd become. Re-reading the first few pages of this thread is very interesting!

If that is the case, we will have an OUTSTANDING team of Champions League winners in no time.

Â