The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Thats what Jack should be doing (ok not that type of goal) but he should be shooting and scoring more in this league. On pure ability alone he should be one of the best players in the league. Maybe under Bruce we will start to see this on a consistent basis. Amazing what a decent manager can do to players and their confidence levels. Looked utter garbage last season with such a shit attitude. 

I have been one of his biggest critics as i expect so much more and dont have the local attachment so many of you have. I am starting to see the passion in his eye for the club. Keep it up Jack. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 18:50, Brumerican said:

We have won four home games on the bounce . After the past 5 years I don't see how anybody could not be happy after that winning goal today . Even Morrissey would be happy with that.

If Bruce is concerned about the partying,  maybe he should steal all of Jack's clothes.  He won't go out tonight if he hasn't got a stitch to wear. 

• Like 1

It's great Jack scored that screamer to win the 3 points, it really was. But he now needs to be influencing games from 1-90 consistently after this boost, he needs to become the player that other players want to give the ball to, especially away from home. A player like Jack can thrive at home in front of the Holte, but away against someone like Norwich for example, the team can't afford some of his quiet, ineffective performances that he has produced a little too often in the past. I hope this big boost of confidence will bring out the player that we think he can be.

7 hours ago, Trickster said:

It's great Jack scored that screamer to win the 3 points, it really was. But he now needs to be influencing games from 1-90 consistently after this boost, he needs to become the player that other players want to give the ball to, especially away from home. A player like Jack can thrive at home in front of the Holte, but away against someone like Norwich for example, the team can't afford some of his quiet, ineffective performances that he has produced a little too often in the past. I hope this big boost of confidence will bring out the player that we think he can be.

I think you're being slightly harsh, Jack changed the game when he came on at Brighton and Leeds and has had an influence in every game he's featured in this season, he hasn't started the majority of games yet has scored three goals (Rotherham, Bristol City and Wigan) of undeniable sheer quality, we look so much more of a threat with him on the pitch.

I also wish people (both Villa and non-Villa fans) would stop turning on his appearance and shinpads/socks situation as a stick to beat him with when he puts in a rare ineffective performance. When was the last time we had a 'maverick' player like Grealish who can change/win a game with a swing of his right foot (I saw another poster mention Merson, I think they may be right) and no-one knows what he's going to do next, let alone opposition defenderss (the amount of times he gets kicked to death is evidence of this). He's arguably one of the most naturally talented footballers we've seen pull on a Villa shirt in decades and we should embrace this.

P.S. Please don't have a shocker or get sent off tonight Jack to make me look like a mug...

• Like 3

He's 21 and developing nicely. Consistency will come if he keeps working hard and if he can add the end product to his game (goals, assists or at least creation of good chances) then he'll be a great player. As many and the manager have stated already, keeping grounded is vital for him. 

• Like 1

Â