The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

I get rotation but I want him on the pitch at all times. He changes the dimension of the game.

Also, once Ayew came on he did a really commendable job considering he was effectively in a midfield two with Bacuna.

Yes, he showed really good discipline and positional awareness to be fair to him. There were a few occasions when they started to push up and when we won the ball it would have been easy for a player like Jack to want to get as forward and join the counter, but he kept himself in a good position in case we lost the ball.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 18:43, DK82 said:

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yes, he showed really good discipline and positional awareness to be fair to him. There were a few occasions when they started to push up and when we won the ball it would have been easy for a player like Jack to want to get as forward and join the counter, but he kept himself in a good position in case we lost the ball.

He looks to me to be improving his game.

He has always been a talent, but the defensive side of his game is improving Imo

whether he can do it for a full game is another question.

He is developing in to a player we could have trouble holding on to.

Thing is he was dropped after a really poor performance (read back these pages) and then we won the next match without him.  It's hard to change a winning team so Bruce didn't immediately bring him back for Burton 

Now he's come on and looked again to be the difference between ordinary and winning Villa I am sure he will be in the starting line up again. 

16 hours ago, terrytini said:

Oh is it, thanks I was totally unaware of the idea...?!

I know.

I  am saying Jack on the bench at home to Burtpn is negative...there are other times it wouldn't be.

It's not negative if the player picked in his place is themselves a forward thinking player.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he's shown this season that against the weaker sides in the division, he's very capable of playing in a midfield two. It just won't work against better teams (or the evidence for it working isn't there yet, anyway). 

I think that's fair, with some energy along side him it could work in a three. I was just impressed at the discipline and tactical awareness to play further back.

Trigger warning for comparisons to top players everyone - but with that element to his game he could play a Cazorla role for us.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think that's fair, with some energy along side him it could work in a three. I was just impressed at the discipline and tactical awareness to play further back.

Trigger warning for comparisons to top players everyone - but with that element to his game he could play a Cazorla role for us.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. That's who he reminded me of the last time I saw him in that role, which was, I think, against Wigan. 

If he can develop the positional discipline that allows for that sort of versatility, he would become an even better player. 

I think SB is playing him perfectly.....not playing him too long for his jib to drop if he goes out of the game for spells .....but making his contribution meaningful and not letting him get peed off with himself.

As he gets stronger mentally and physically he will obviously get more game time.

I detected a difference in him yesterday, for the better.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, TRO said:

I think SB is playing him perfectly.....not playing him too long for his jib to drop if he goes out of the game for spells .....but making his contribution meaningful and not letting him get peed off with himself.

As he gets stronger mentally and physically he will obviously get more game time.

I detected a difference in him yesterday, for the better.

The first touch, the balance, the poise, the timing, the technique, the boy of 21 is fantastic, the rest will come in 5 years or so, even then he won't be at his peak. He is fantastic and edit- one of us villa through and through to his credit

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

I have to concur with others here, really like what Bruce is doing with Jack for the time being, easing him in, picking the right circumstances for him to shine, as he obviously ain't ready to be starting week in, week out yet.

Having said that, I don't agree on the '5 years or so' timescale. I know most midfielders tend to peak at the age of 26-27, but surely we are allowed to expect better, and more mature performances a lot sooner? 

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The first touch, the balance, the poise, the timing, the technique, the boy of 21 is fantastic, the rest will come in 5 years or so, even then he won't be at his peak. He is fantastic and edit- one of us villa through and through to his credit

I detected a bit of a defensive side creeping in.....not losing it so easy , not falling over so much, just keeping the ball much better, the swagger was coming back. I have always seen a bit of a weakness in his game, I thought that was disappearing in this game.

Edited by TRO

On 23/12/2016 at 00:16, sir_gary_cahill said:

It was years ago, a lot has happened since then, none of which, could've been predicted

My apologies bruv , didn' t check the date . I sometimes get bored and look for trouble , not to mention my hatred for sex offenders , again sorry .

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My brother used to give me those when we wuz kidz

Hurts like hell for 10 minutes then your good to go for a ride on your Grifter. 

What a wuss 

They are proper pansies.

I've been playing with a groin strain for 5 months. **** won't shift. Bagged 13 yesterday.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

They are proper pansies.

I've been playing with a groin strain for 5 months. **** won't shift. Bagged 13 yesterday.

Goals, or Villa players?

15 hours ago, Woodytom said:

They are proper pansies.

Given some of your previous posts, I'm really struggling to tell if this is sarcasm or not :D

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Woodytom said:

They are proper pansies.

Big difference between football and snooker though woody ;)

• Like 2

Bruce telling greenish to stop waving his hands around and get on with it when he gets kicked. For me so true happens all the time either skillful players but the class ones just get on with it.

Guy needs to start doing this especially away from home 

Â