The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Yep agree, incredibly weak on the ball. It appeared the Spurs players were wafting a fly away and that was enough to tackle him or even worse as often happened cause him to pass to them. He nearly set them up and in on goal twice. Went down embarrassingly easily too.
 Rubbish.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

He lost it at least a couple of times attempting fancy runs instead of playing the simple ball.

I'm not that encouraged tbh, I'm still trying to see half of the player I'm told that other people see in him.

Was completely fine today, he can't do magical stuff producing chances if there's nothing in front of him, he found himself space, got the ball, looked round, saw nothing on played a simple ball and then tried to move in to space again to do the same

im not sure what the people moaning are expecting of him

at the same time I'm not sure what Bruce was thinking playing him today expecting him to work, that game was never going to see him play at his best, other than his set piece delivery which were good

Games like today prove how overrated he is really. Spurs had a local boy that they all rave about but hasn't been in the press (good or bad) who absolutely danced around Grealish on several occasions. Grealish has done so little this season, and has achieved so little overall. I actually think he makes us weaker as a team. No one is going to be beating down the managers door to sign this lad any time soon and the whole England / Ireland thing is looking incredibly ridiculous now.

I think he's the next in a long line of Villa youngsters who were talked about as world beaters who will never perform at a higher level than Villa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Games like today prove how overrated he is really. Spurs had a local boy that they all rave about but hasn't been in the press (good or bad) who absolutely danced around Grealish on several occasions. Grealish has done so little this season, and has achieved so little overall. I actually think he makes us weaker as a team. No one is going to be beating down the managers door to sign this lad any time soon and the whole England / Ireland thing is looking incredibly ridiculous now.

I think he's the next in a long line of Villa youngsters who were talked about as world beaters who will never perform at a higher level than Villa.

Easy to judge the Spurs kid in that game, they had about 65% possession and we didn't press

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Not sure he can win with some people.

Looks comfortable on the ball, always shows for it and tries to keep it moving. I will judge him when he has better players around than Bacuna and Gabby.

I thought he was poor today but It's true. He had one attacking option in front of him. Gabby. 

Limited in what he can genuinely create.  

Poor today but we all know he can do better.

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Another thing actually - people have lambasted players like CARLES GIL for being "lightweight"; I don't think I've ever seen anyone fall over as much as Grealish.  Is he made of feathers?

Absolutely. Fwiw, I thought Gil was playing at a higher level than Grealish last season before his move to Deportivo. I think they're both very good players but the problem is that this sort of player does tend to have off days. Equally, they can change the game completely with a moment of brilliance. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Another thing actually - people have lambasted players like CARLES GIL for being "lightweight"; I don't think I've ever seen anyone fall over as much as Grealish.  Is he made of feathers?

I think jack has started going down easier. But the main difference between the two was one lost the ball being easily brushed aside and the other wins a hell of a lot of free kicks. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to start releasing the ball a lot quicker.

To who?

got no problem with him taking his time on the ball, he's looking for something, when it's not there he releases it

if there were through balls that he wasn't seeing or wasn't playing then fair enough but that's not what I seem him doing

• Like 1

I think the answer lies somewhere in between these posts.

one thing that does tickle me is .....every player has a supporter that says that they would be better with better players around them.

so who are these white knights who are going to turn our limited players in to winners?

not just on today's performance....but this team is not good enough.....and we need more than midfield....,the 2 fullbacks are iffy.

great to see a keeper though that looks the business.....but its early, we have a habit of bringing them down to our level.

......sorry I'm drifting in to negativity.

Edited by TRO

Â