The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Don’t forget drawing fouls. I’ve never seen a player better at getting fouled in my life. Not sure it’s high up on Peps priorities though. 

Another case of a big move that hasn’t quite gone as planned. Like Benteke and Delph before him the grass isn’t always greener. He’ll have a title and plenty of cash though so all not lost. 

Actually genuinely hope it does improve for him. I hold no bitterness and it’s a bit of shame to see him so out of his comfort zone like this. 

At least his shins are getting a breather. 

He'll be happy with the title and various other success - but he'll be lying to himself if he thinks he played more than a minor part in that. But who wouldn't have taken the money. Can see Citeh keeping him two seasons max, they'll want the wages for the next luxury purchase. I wonder if our paths will cross at that point

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any idiot with average football knowledge could have seen they needed a striker more than yet another " flair " player?

They didn't really need a striker, to be honest, and I actually think Grealish fits Man City's "need" incredibly well - the caveat being that he's evidently being forced to play in a way that doesn't make the best use of his abilities.

Attacking players who can use the ball well, draw players, move into space, create space and create scoring opportunities is what Man City are all about.  It's partly why Harry Kane would be a good fit and, say, Ronaldo wouldn't be.  It isn't about "a striker", but having attackers who can both create and score.  All of Man City's attacking players (inc Grealish) do this.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah he'll be given a season to adapt to Pep's style of football but if he has another year next season like this season then I don't think they'll keep him around for much longer. 

He wont be easy to bin off, his hype has crashed since joining City and his wages are quite big.

It really depends on what level Newcastle are at the end of next season if they will go for him

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He wont be easy to bin off, his hype has crashed since joining City and his wages are quite big.

It really depends on what level Newcastle are at the end of next season if they will go for him

Agreed. Man City will likely have to eat a lot of his wages if he continues to struggle next season. I think he'll come good for them though personally. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any idiot with average football knowledge could have seen they needed a striker more than yet another " flair " player?

Was never really the " type " of player for their style either.

Instead they chose to make a " Vanity " signing. Deal with it you pricks!

Screenshot_20220203-145430_Facebook-min.jpg

That looks a terrible source. I genuinely don't believe Pep and Txiki regret signing him. He's not just another flair player, he is unique.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

...And what he gets up to in the mean time... Not sure Saudi owners would appreciate the playboy image.  He'll be ok cutting off peoples hands and stoning rape victims though if that's the way he goes

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

Actually genuinely hope it does improve for him. I hold no bitterness and it’s a bit of shame to see him so out of his comfort zone like this. 

Like you, I'm not bitter about the move but I do think it is a genuine shame that a player like Jack is not playing and beguiling us with his footballing skills. At his best, Jack is one of the most exciting, brilliant, individual and enthralling players in the league. He gets bums out of seats. Sadly, Man City was never the right move for him, he may eventually fit into their system but only by quashing so much of what makes him a special player.

Â