The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The bloke just likes a drink and to play as hard as he works. He could do that at Villa and get away with it. He can't at City. 

I don't think Gerrard would allow it at villa either , maybe one of Smith's weaknesses.

• Like 1

None of us would be able to go to our workplaces bladdered the next morning and do our jobs effectively. It is clearly a big issue since he has no shame in hiding it. It gives Pep every reason to not pick him. And whilst I don’t begrudge anyone down time, given Grealish’s network, I hope McGinn largely steers clear. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wonder what our other players think about him on a professional level. Mings and Emi I see as 2 serious professionals but I wonder were they happy to see him go

didn't bother to fact check it myself but some eagle eyed posters said something about jack and emi not following each other on social media, emi not liking or replying to any of jacks goodbye messages etc

hope SJM doesn't hang out with him too much. he's never looked sharper or in better shape

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

didn't bother to fact check it myself but some eagle eyed posters said something about jack and emi not following each other on social media, emi not liking or replying to any of jacks goodbye messages etc

hope SJM doesn't hang out with him too much. he's never looked sharper or in better shape

It would fit, Emi Martinez seems the true professional and family man. I'd imagine he didn't have much at all in common with Greal-hiss.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Emi2 never wished him well. Emi1 did a story post several days later. I do think there were divisions about him tbh. 

I believe Gerrard gave SJM and the team a few days off as we don't have a game until the 9th of Feb.  So SJM being up in the North West after the Everton game would meet up with his mate in Manchester no big deal from our side.  Jack out on a Saturday night is a given! No training until Monday I don't see an issue there?

So here we are 3616 pages about Jack and he doesnt even play for us anymore. However it seems his legacy, if that is what we call it, keeps going on.

I agree he was one of the most exciting talented Villa players we have seen for many years, but in my opinion he was always looking for that move albeit spuds, man yoo etc etc. Like most footballers he wants to win stuff, and it was not going to happen at Villa anytime soon. So I cannot blame him for seeking trinkets and once the big offer of man ci$y came in then he saw the $$$$ and the chance to get those trinkets, plus his head was turned in the Euros as well, the rest is history.

Personally I think although he says he loves Villa, a footballer is a job/career although very short one. Would any of us turn down a massive pay increase etc? However I think he has been badly advised by the scum of the earth (not sky in this case) but his football agent. 

Football agents get paid a percentage of the transfer fee and a percentage of their players salary so it was in the best interests of agents to get good deals for themselves ...I mean players!

I am not sure that he has the attitude and discipline to look after himself, eat the right stuff etc etc. To stay at the top of your game like an Olympic athlete for example you need to look after yourself, and I think that Jack may eventually self destruct like Gazza, George Best and several others. I might be wrong I have never met him, he might be doing all of this for his family and not himself - but exactly how much money does anyone need ...really?

I am sure he is frustrated playing the sort of football at man ci$y but "he has made his bed" ....unless he gets more game time/fits better in the team and tactics then I think he will get frustrated and end up going to another club and/or self destruct.

As for coming back to the Villa, well if we need a player like Jack in the future then yes, but as a club I am hoping that we will have moved on by then rather than being a club for players about to retire from the game...

Jack, thanks for everything especially the 100 million and good luck

15 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I believe Gerrard gave SJM and the team a few days off as we don't have a game until the 9th of Feb.  So SJM being up in the North West after the Everton game would meet up with his mate in Manchester no big deal from our side.  Jack out on a Saturday night is a given! No training until Monday I don't see an issue there?

They are in Dubai

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah there’s where I’m at too, he isn’t a bad guy and has been through some shit when he was a kid losing his bother and his sister having cerebral palsy. 
He took a huge pay day, and got us a huge pay day too, so I don’t hate the guy.

To be honest I was mostly just disappointed when he left because it felt like if we can’t keep hold of our captain, the local lad and lifelong fan, then who can we keep hold of? But I’m over all that. I don’t really care about anyone who doesn’t play for Villa so I’m not bothered what he does or doesn’t achieve. 

People talk about him as if he's Ian Huntley on here. It's bizarre. 

I was gutted he left. If I was in his shoes, I would have stayed, but I can see why he left. Will he regret it? Who knows, but I'm not going to hate on him for making a decision on his career. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Shame he didn't mention his commitment in waiting for Romeu in the tunnel though

Still giving 100% after the whistle. 

• Haha 2

Â