The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Or maybe he just isn’t as good as we all thought? Foden and Sterling seem to be doing ok in that system.

We all know very well what he's capable of though. 

Some birds aren't meant to be caged! 

29 minutes ago, Kingman said:

We all know very well what he's capable of though. 

Some birds aren't meant to be caged! 

He was great at skipping past people (before going down easy) and an amazing weight of pass. Beyond the goal against Man U which they show over and over again what did he do that was so exceptional? Great talent yes, not the world beater we made him out to be.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Love the way he also keeps his bank card in his phone case, Can anyone zoom in :D

I keep my bank card and Season ticket there. All I need.  Shame it ain’t got the spending ability of Jacks card. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Xela said:

Have you had your eyes closed? He was outstanding for us the last 2 seasons. Carried us for large chunks of that period. So much so, we got £100m for him when we were nothing more than a mid-table club. When he wasn't playing we could barely win a game. He had the whole country salivating for him during the Euros. 

As an English player, he's the most naturally talented since Gazza IMO. That doesn't mean to say he'll have a better career than others though. I just think he is wasted at City. 

You've made your view on him quite clear over the last few months in this thread so I don't think we'll ever agree mate :) 

Fair enough mate, he was quality but end product wise he wasn’t amazing.  He’s a great talent but in terms of most naturally talented since Gazza I disagree. I think Foden is on another level. 

21 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Lmao - is he going to launch a startup in Shoreditch? 

i bet he went to a committee, to get advice what was the most marketable haircut to help raise him profile and develop his "brand".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

City fans seem mixed on his performances so far i've noticed, maybe it will click but it looks like they expected a lot more..

From the bits I’ve seen they’re warming to him slowly in the same way we did to Buendia. Those hoping he’ll flop there are going to be disappointed.

Looks like the move is working out well for both him and us. 

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

City fans seem mixed on his performances so far i've noticed, maybe it will click but it looks like they expected a lot more..

Maybe they’d see the real JG if he played in a position that suited him without being shackled by Peps tactics.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Those hoping he’ll flop there are going to be disappointed.

I don’t think he will flop but it’s fair to say he isn’t the same player he was here. He just looks like another player in the Pep system. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but then again I’ve never really been a fan of Pep’s football.

On 04/02/2022 at 18:50, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough mate, he was quality but end product wise he wasn’t amazing.  He’s a great talent but in terms of most naturally talented since Gazza I disagree. I think Foden is on another level. 

Grealish in the 7-2 was one of the best Premier League individual performances ever. Pep has ruined him but he is one of the most natural talented players England has produced

Foden might have a better career but Grealish is way more talented and definitely more entertaining to watch

Â