The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I hope he continues to flop because that £100m is all the more sweeter if he does.

I do genuinely wonder if he regrets it or not. Obviously, there is the money, but he’d be filthy rich either way. 

On form or not he will be getting a premier league winners medal come May, i very much doubt he regrets swapping that to staying with us.

I really don't get the hate he gets on here

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said before you have to consider the changes in availability of football and the ease at how it can be watched, there's a whole generation of villa fans who never saw those players and a lot more who if they were lucky enough to see them only saw them a handful of times, compare that to having probably 90% of Jack's games available via different sources 

Problem is there are just as many generations that did see many of our greats week in and week out.  I appreciate there is a generation that didn’t but that doesn’t take away from a large amount that did like myself.

8 minutes ago, regular_john said:

We'll see. I've seen far too many false dawns down B6 to make any assumptions about where we may or may not be in X years time.

Maybe we'll be in a good place and he'll be nothing more than a squad player. Maybe it will have all gone tits up (again) and he'll be hailed as a prodigal son returning to get us out of the shit (again)

Interesting to find out how many times going back to an old club works out.  The likelihood if he came back the expectations would be high but it would never work out the same.  He had his time here, it worked perfectly for that time but the likelihood it wouldn’t work out the same.  We’ve had the likes of Cowans work out coming back but different circumstances and all that it’s not likely to work out.  Added to that it would have to have perfect timing, in that we needed a player like him, he’s at the level or we are at the level it works and many other factors…I doubt he’ll ever come back and not anything that would have any material impact to the first team.

The Jack we knew and loved has gone for good.  The future Grealish, if he came back, would be a different type of player and most likely a shadow of what we knew.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Problem is there are just as many generations that did see many of our greats week in and week out.  I appreciate there is a generation that didn’t but that doesn’t take away from a large amount that did like myself.

We didn’t call McGrath God for nothing. Not just the best I ever saw in c&b, I think at the time he was probably the best defender in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not hard considering how crap we’ve been for 20 years, it’s not exactly a good bench mark

attacking wise Ashley Young 07-09 was much better for me. He was incredible at that time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It’s irrelevant and this stuff gets overblown, but… you do wonder why he posts this stuff? He must know how it looks to city fans when he’s been a disappointment and he is pictured wasted in Dubai during the season break. The comments are a trainwreck.
By all means go and enjoy yourself but don’t offer up photo evidence to be used against you. No doubt the tabloids will recycle this picture with a story about how playboy Jack Grealish seen worse for wear with his old drinking buddy. I’m sure Pep will love that. He really needs some better advice - same as it ever was at villa really.

23 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s irrelevant and this stuff gets overblown, but… you do wonder why he posts this stuff? He must know how it looks to city fans when he’s been a disappointment and he is pictured wasted in Dubai during the season break. The comments are a trainwreck.
By all means go and enjoy yourself but don’t offer up photo evidence to be used against you. No doubt the tabloids will recycle this picture with a story about how playboy Jack Grealish seen worse for wear with his old drinking buddy. I’m sure Pep will love that. He really needs some better advice - same as it ever was at villa really.

He’s either very stupid, getting the wrong advice, or doesn’t see it as a problem. 

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

No they didn’t buy a striker. 

I'm worried they'll try and withold a payment at this rate if it's in instalments! Say we sold them a player they knew had a problem etc with these parasites I wouldn't be surprised with anything they try and pull

Â