The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

From the bits I’ve seen they’re warming to him slowly in the same way we did to Buendia. Those hoping he’ll flop there are going to be disappointed.

Looks like the move is working out well for both him and us. 

mm how will he not flop? He is the 6th highest transfer in history. They are expecting a hell of a lot more from him

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Grealish in the 7-2 was one of the best Premier League individual performances ever. Pep has ruined him but he is one of the most natural talented players England has produced

Foden might have a better career but Grealish is way more talented and definitely more entertaining to watch

Disagree, I remember a Charles N’Zogbia looking a world beater once and single handedly keeping Wigan up once. Jack was class but don’t judge by individual games. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Disagree, I remember a Charles N’Zogbia looking a world beater once and single handedly keeping Wigan up once. Jack was class but don’t judge by individual games. 

Agree. As an aside I would say Ollie Watkins and perhaps even Ross Barkley played better than Jack in that game, although Grealish undeniably did play very well, as he often did for us.

I havent watched Foden much but I do know Sterling was and is a better player than Jack Grealish. He just isnt as much fun to watch.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I am sorry thats a poor comparison, Grealish dominated the English champions who had the worlds greatest ever defender, Nzogbia won some games for Wigan but not against top teams

Grealish if he did what he did last seasin for a Sky team it would be more appreciated

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. As an aside I would say Ollie Watkins and perhaps even Ross Barkley played better than Jack in that game, although Grealish undeniably did play very well, as he often did for us.

I havent watched Foden much but I do know Sterling was and is a better player than Jack Grealish. He just isnt as much fun to watch.

Sterling is definitely not a better footballer than Grealish

• Like 3

As I say Jack is prettier to watch, I would prefer to watch Jack. But which of these is the better footballer when they play similar positions? I mean its pretty obvious. Jack even played at a lower level for longer where he could have dominated  and goosed his stats like Pele, but he didnt.
image.png.afb52212cee38b2ad6925ff502f77543.png

image.png.64393e275741ed9ba11cc06683e0ca2c.png

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

100% this. You want a flair player that looks great on the ball and makes football look easy until he gets fouled then Jacks your man. You want someone that’s more effective with an end product then Sterling’s your man. I guess it depends on what’s more important.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Their careers speak for themselves. 

Sure, but I think if Grealish decided to go once we got relegated he would now be speaking about a much better career than be enjoyed so far. 

37 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Sure, but I think if Grealish decided to go once we got relegated he would now be speaking about a much better career than be enjoyed so far. 

Had he joined Spurs I don’t think he’d had the career he had now. It’s been said before but his impact was limited until the arrival of Smith. Even Bruce was willing to trade him. The talent was always there, just major questions of applications. The stars aligned and his talent did shine. I honestly think outside of Spurs (a club that likes to horde young talent) nobody else in the PL had a major impact in Jack immediately after relegation. His biggest contributions were the goal against Leicester and the infamous pics of him partying or being passed out. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Hilarious reading some of these posts and comparing to the posts when Grealish was our player. 

Imagine the reactions on here a year ago if people posted that Ross Barkley had a bigger impact in some of our biggest matches, Sterling is a better player or Grealish was comparable to Charles N’Zogbia.

We’d have laughed them off the site 😂

And David O’Leary once had the audacity to call us fickle, I mean I just don’t know where he got that from………….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The co-commentator yesterday said that Carvalho had a worse pass-completion rate than Jack's 100%, which made the former a better player.

Not in a Guardiola team, it doesn't!

It is this sort of thing which makes me prefer football commentry in a foreign language, because you don't have listen to such BS.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Hilarious reading some of these posts and comparing to the posts when Grealish was our player. 

Imagine the reactions on here a year ago if people posted that Ross Barkley had a bigger impact in some of our biggest matches, Sterling is a better player or Grealish was comparable to Charles N’Zogbia.

We’d have laughed them off the site 😂

Well you couldn’t really criticise him without a mob turning up so at least people can be a bit more honest now without being in a danger. 

Anyway I always thought Sterling was a better player in terms of end product. N’Zogbia wasn’t fit to lace Jack’s boots but was only bought up because of his impact in individual games when kept Wigan up.

**** Barkley.

• Like 1

Â