The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, weedman said:

That is an anomaly, he hangs outside the box and makes things happen, he's not the type of player to get in the box for tap ins, 1 example from his career doesn't change that. Sterling has done it twice in 4 games at the euros and does it on an incredibly regular basis for England (and City, when on form) 

Are we talking about Raheem Sterling or are we still talking about Pissflaps?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why would someone on his road know if he might be getting a move or not. 

I haven't got a clue what's going on with my neighbours lives. 

Clearly you don't live on Ramsey Street.

• Haha 2

My last message was deleted for some utterly foul language, so I’ll say it again with the  decorum more fitting of a man of my reputation.

So, please please please, try to be less of a **** word removed and remember that Jack Grealish isn’t for sale. Have a nice evening x

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven’t been a fan of Southgate but his recent comments have been very clear that he rates Jack very highly but has been managing him very carefully due to his lay off. 

Continuing to attack him with such fervour after that win against Germany and after so many big teams have been knocked out (some by teams that we beat) is beginning to look more than a little churlish. 

11 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I haven’t been a fan of Southgate but his recent comments have been very clear that he rates Jack very highly but has been managing him very carefully due to his lay off. 

Continuing to attack him with such fervour after that win against Germany and after so many big teams have been knocked out (some by teams that we beat) is beginning to look more than a little churlish. 

I think we have to make it to the final for him to be vindicated, really. If we go out against the Ukraine or Denmark there's a pretty compelling narrative that we're a mismanaged team that just got lucky against a poor German side.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Absolutely no chance. Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Owen, Rooney, possibly the best spine in the history of the game, completely wasted by a complete moron. This squad doesn’t even come close. 

Its a good England team with plenty of attacking talent to choose from. However, if they had “gone for it” as people suggested, I’m fairly confident that they would have been ripped apart defensively. At least by the better sides, of which they’ve admittedly only played one so far.

In any case, I’d have built the team around Grealish. But I think people are massively overestimating how good this England squad actually is. They’re not the only team in the tournament with quality up front, and a few of those teams have gone home already.

Edit: I feel sad I didn’t even mention Ashley Cole

Add Gary Neville at RB and you’ve got your outfield ten.  Keepers were absolutely shocking in comparison - Robinson, Green and Scott Carson. 

I was thinking this around the Kane and Jack to City. Kane wants to leave and has 3 years left on his contract, City have him as their top target. Spurs saying he's not for sale, end of. So if City's bids are rebuffed and they give up on Kane and turn attention more to Jack. We are surely in a stronger position. Jack loves Villa and would never do anything more than expressing in private to NSWE that he wants to go to City and play on that stage and be the best player in the world and best England player ever. We can simply say he's under contract and not for sale end of. Spurs have said that for Kane and we are saying the same. Then if Spurs do sell Kane to City they need to unload players to get enough funds to attempt to sign Jack and that makes it also unlikely. 

So all things told I struggle to logically see how Jack leaves this summer. What will be most interesting is if he signs a new contract or not. If he deep down wants to leave to play on the biggest stage (and I personally would if I were him) he needs to look to next summer or summer after and let his contract roll down. I think doing 5 years at City and then letting your contract expire then coming back to Villa when you can still perform at the top level for another 3+ years is the "dream scenario" if I was a player at his level of talent and ambition. Villa won't be winning Premier Leagues or Champions Leagues in the time Grealish has left playing at an elite level. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Villa won't be winning Premier Leagues or Champions Leagues in the time Grealish has left playing at an elite level. 

You wanna bet against us? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sadly I think it says more about the PL and CL than it does about us but I agree 

I think even "doing a Leicester" would be incredibly hard

It’s never easy. Only giving up is easy. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sadly I think it says more about the PL and CL than it does about us but I agree 

Leicester look like doing a Leicester if they keep going this summer. Daka, Soumare, Bertrand in, and now linked to Berardi! 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Leicester have proved that doing a Leicester can be done, we proved that doing a Fulham is not us, when Lewis Hamilton left McLaren for Mercedes the whole world thought he was insane. We are Mercedes.

• Like 1

Leicester had a perfect storm conditions. All the top clubs were in a shambles at the time. You look at the squads and elite level managers at clubs like Liverpool and City. It's not going to happen for Villa. We will get sucked into the same trap as Spurs where you are a big club "lite" in that you salary budget goes up and your revenue is variable as you have CL or EL or ECL or nothing and all 3 impact revenue. So we get stuck in trying to get to the big club status but sucked into the inevitable money trap. 

We need to aim to be a consistent top 8 team who builds an elite level squad from time to time via youth development and astute signings. Refuse to maintain a budget which relies on European football. This means we can't pay our players the level of wages the big clubs can and they have no incentive to sign new contracts, thus we have to sell them when they reach 2/3 years remaining. This is as far as I see it inevitable.

So what does that mean for Jack? He must leave Aston Villa to achieve the level of recognition and success his level of talent deserves. It's simply a matter of when. For me if NSWE sell him this summer then I'd be disappointed as his value will be as high or higher next summer so why sell? Makes zero financial sense makes zero sense for the club. None of this has anything to do with Jack, he signed a contract last September for 5 years. 

Â