The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, turvontour said:

Why would you move house before a deal has been reached? Hear it a lot, is it even a thing?

He isn't that's the point I guess. He keeps his house here and will rent one locally there.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Why would you move house before a deal has been reached? Hear it a lot, is it even a thing?

Him and his Dad are Directors of two businesses Kelandan Holdings Limited and Kelandan Limited which manage his property portfolios. If he does move, you’d have to assume it’d be up for rent through the business straight away I would have thought. 

4 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

That's got very little to do with what I said though. I agree Grealish should start over Saka, as his crossing and ability on the ball made the difference in the last game when he came on.

But there's about two pages of posts here and countless more in the Euros threads calling Sterling a donkey whereas if Southgate had played Watkins on the wing in the place of Sterling and he'd put in exactly the same performances people would rightly be saying he was undroppable after three goals in four games and talking about him getting the Golden Boot if we go all the way.

The fact Grealish is good doesn't have to mean all the other England players are bad. Both Grealish and Sterling have justified their selections, and hopefully Grealish will be a starter going forwards.

Tbf I was one of those people calling Sterling a donkey. I wouldn't have had him in my 23 let alone 1st name on the team sheet. He has, however, been England's most important player this tournament.

He's wasteful and poor on the ball, but he gets in some unbelievable positions and has been a constant threat and I'm now in the "he can't be dropped" contingent. Does Jack get into the positions to score the "easy" goals that Sterling does? Not a chance.

He's taken some stick but Southgate is showing all of us "experts" up a bit here, and honestly, for all his flaws, is turning into one of our most successful managers in decades 

I'd obviously be playing Jack as well as Sterling, but he's clearly not fully fit so it's hardly too crazy a decision to have him fresh off the bench especially when a fair few games have gone into extra time already 

• Like 3

Southgate has the best England team available to him... possibly ever?

Only winning the tournament is acceptable if he's going to Bruce football matches.

Anything else and him staying is a terrible result for England because he's wasting what we've got and he'll waste it again at the world cup.

If we don't win it, he's going to look very silly when Sancho is outperforming Rashford next season. Foden outperforming Sterling. Grealish outperforming everyone.

I'd like to see us actually go forward against Ukraine because we will decimate them.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He isn't that's the point I guess. He keeps his house here and will rent one locally there.

He has bought a property in Manchester, it’s an investment. Nothing to do with a move, a lot of people have put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

• Like 1

All I have been told is he isn't selling up in Barnt Green, he plans to live there long term regardless of him signing for Man City, the wording "If he gets the move" indicates one thing more than another to me, if this is true..

Again I have nothing to gain from sharing this as I am sure if he says I will get mocked but this is what I have been told. So to me it sounds like he wants to go, but it's not done yet..

Hopefully our new contract offer changes things.

Edited by Pissflaps

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

All I have been told is he isn't selling up in Barnt Green, he plans to live there long term regardless of him signing for Man City, the wording "If he gets the move" indicates one thing more than another to me, if this is true..

Again I have nothing to gain from sharing this as I am sure if he says I will get mocked but this is what I have been told. So to me it sounds like he wants to go, but it's not done yet..

Hopefully our new contract offer changes things.

No offence mate but it really tells us absolutely nothing, so I wouldn’t worry.

2 hours ago, weedman said:

Tbf I was one of those people calling Sterling a donkey. I wouldn't have had him in my 23 let alone 1st name on the team sheet. He has, however, been England's most important player this tournament.

He's wasteful and poor on the ball, but he gets in some unbelievable positions and has been a constant threat and I'm now in the "he can't be dropped" contingent. Does Jack get into the positions to score the "easy" goals that Sterling does? Not a chance.

He's taken some stick but Southgate is showing all of us "experts" up a bit here, and honestly, for all his flaws, is turning into one of our most successful managers in decades 

I'd obviously be playing Jack as well as Sterling, but he's clearly not fully fit so it's hardly too crazy a decision to have him fresh off the bench especially when a fair few games have gone into extra time already 

I mean yes. He's scored a number of those goals. The one I can remember best was Brighton last year. 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Whether he is staying or going, nothing will be decided until after the Euro's.  ;)

Bold and underlined! I won't be confident until I see italics too!

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I am in no way ITK so take this as you want but my manager does actually live on the same road as Grealish in Barnt Green. He just messaged me the following:

It's rubbish about his house being up for sale, he isn't selling even if he gets the move to Manchester. He will rent there as part of the move.

So....yeah. To clarify my boss knows nothing or doesn't care about football so has no agenda, he just said he thought I might care more then he does.

Again not ITK just passing some words on.

I thought somebody already confirmed that people were getting Jack’s house confused and it’s actually his neighbour’s house that is up for sale.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Whether he is staying or going, nothing will be decided until after the Euro's.  ;)

He’s signing for Norwich, just admit it. 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Southgate has the best England team available to him... possibly ever?

Absolutely no chance. Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Owen, Rooney, possibly the best spine in the history of the game, completely wasted by a complete moron. This squad doesn’t even come close. 

Its a good England team with plenty of attacking talent to choose from. However, if they had “gone for it” as people suggested, I’m fairly confident that they would have been ripped apart defensively. At least by the better sides, of which they’ve admittedly only played one so far.

In any case, I’d have built the team around Grealish. But I think people are massively overestimating how good this England squad actually is. They’re not the only team in the tournament with quality up front, and a few of those teams have gone home already.

Edit: I feel sad I didn’t even mention Ashley Cole

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Absolutely no chance. Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Owen, Rooney, possibly the best spine in the history of the game, completely wasted by a complete moron. This squad doesn’t even come close. 

Its a good England team with plenty of attacking talent to choose from. However, if they had “gone for it” as people suggested, I’m fairly confident that they would have been ripped apart defensively. At least by the better sides, of which they’ve admittedly only played one so far.

In any case, I’d have built the team around Grealish. But I think people are massively overestimating how good this England squad actually is. They’re not the only team in the tournament with quality up front, and a few of those teams have gone home already.

Throw in probably the best ever English left back into that too. That squad should have won something, no question.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I feel there is a subliminal message here, I just can't quite put my finger on it. 

• Like 1

Â