The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

No I remeber Gazza being on TV and in the paper all the time... But not for football lol

I seem to recall a big story all over the news about a crazed mad man holding a village hostage, police killed the purp eventually but before they got to him didnt gazza turn up at the village and brought the mad man a KFC

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I seem to recall a big story all over the news about a crazed mad man holding a village hostage, police killed the purp eventually but before they got to him didnt gazza turn up at the village and brought the mad man a KFC

Raoul Moat. Gazza showed up on scene with a fishing rod, chicken and lager. He was off his face on coke and thought he was mates with Moat and could help the murderer! 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Gascoigne is probably the best English player I've seen, in 1990 I think he was probably the best player in the world.

The player that Grealish most reminds me of is Cruyff, the low socks, the sway, the ability to run past people, all of that stuff.

Cough Cough Baggio

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

🤣 you struggle to remember the player but you remember 5 bellies 🤣🤣🤣

I used to work with a bloke, about the same time, who was called 10 Bellies. Skinny bugger he was. 🤣

Before this tournament started, I thought that Grealish would take it by storm and all top clubs would be in for him. Maybe, Southgate has done us a favour by not playing hIm and not putting him in the shop window, could be a blessing in disguise for us 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Before this tournament started, I thought that Grealish would take it by storm and all top clubs would be in for him. Maybe, Southgate has done us a favour by not playing hIm and not putting him in the shop window, could be a blessing in disguise for us 

Messi would look crap in this team. The amount of time our defenders and midfielders stop our own quick attacks is staggering. Must be an attempt  to boost their completed passes figures.

Watching the games yesterday made us look like a rag bag group of 3rd division players trying to scrap our way through.  

• Like 1

The Baggio versus Gaza debate is interesting in that it poses questions about why we choose to remember certain players: watching that video of Baggio, I’m struck by how modern his style of play looks: it’s like his style was what football became so he’s seen as ‘before his time’.

Ive thought this about Grealish. If football develops to follow his style of play, then he might be considered the archetype. But if it follows a different trajectory, then perhaps he turns into Matt Le Tissier minus the bacon sandwiches: superb (for one club) but ultimately a footnote in the larger history of the game. 

If Mr Southgate could appreciate his talents, perhaps the world of football would take note and follow Grealish’s style. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Gregg's weekly dose of 'jack is possibly leaving'

Getting to the point where I might cancel my subscription. He knows **** all and reading the article it's obvious 

It’s just clickbait, slightly more refined clickbait but that’s what it is. If they had anyone else but Evans writing for Villa, I’d have considered subscribing. 

• Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

It’s just clickbait, slightly more refined clickbait but that’s what it is. If they had anyone else but Evans writing for Villa, I’d have considered subscribing. 

giving the benefit of the doubt i don't think it's all his fault. he can't help that villa don't tell him anything and choose to tell other journos instead. so he just writes speculation, which isn't what the athletic in general is about

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Getting to the point where I might cancel my subscription. He knows **** all and reading the article it's obvious 

I was only on one of those £1 a month deals or whatever, but won't ever be getting full subscription with him as Villa writer. Absolutely awful. Sticks out like a sore thumb on there, it's funny.

9 hours ago, birdman said:

Raoul Moat. Gazza showed up on scene with a fishing rod, chicken and lager. He was off his face on coke and thought he was mates with Moat and could help the murderer! 

He actually did know him. Moat was a bouncer at a club Gazza always went to. They weren't best friends or anything, but he knew who he was, hence why when he was coked up he thought it'd be nice to go and try and reason with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

We must be one of the only fanbases that have to put up with a journalist at the Athletic that doesn’t know anything. It seems other Athletic journalists are ITK and the fans of these clubs look to them for genuine news.

I much prefer Preece to Evans. Preece doesn’t know anything either but he comes across as a genuine Villa fan who I think would be better at the Athletic or in a position where he is fed information than Evans. 

I can’t even stand listening to that Evans speak. When is the last time he actually got anything right and broke it first? I break transfer news quicker than he does and I’m not trying to charge people a subscription..

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

giving the benefit of the doubt i don't think it's all his fault. he can't help that villa don't tell him anything and choose to tell other journos instead. so he just writes speculation, which isn't what the athletic in general is about

I really enjoy most pieces on the Athletic… except for his stuff on Villa. It’s OK to not have the inside scoop, that’s not what the Athletic is about for me. It’s about narratives. Searching out the meaning to the sport. To better understand the game and why it’s so engrossing, and beautiful, and painful.

I don’t really understand Evans as a writer. The narrative of Jack staying at Villa is far more compelling. He’s intertwined with the clubs fortunes. From Lerner relegation to near bankruptcy with Xia and carrying us back to promotion. Now with serious owners with a serious plan. Even the small possibility of him dragging us to the champion league or a title is enough. Especially if you’re a club specific writer. There’s an originality and a multitude of possibilities that could unfold and be told within that story…….Or you could write about Jack getting a transfer to the English title contenders every week, because that hasn’t been done before.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We must be one of the only fanbases that have to put up with a journalist at the Athletic that doesn’t know anything. It seems other Athletic journalists are ITK and the fans of these clubs look to them for genuine news.

I much prefer Preece to Evans. Preece doesn’t know anything either but he comes across as a genuine Villa fan who I think would be better at the Athletic or in a position where he is fed information than Evans. 

I can’t even stand listening to that Evans speak. When is the last time he actually got anything right and broke it first? I break transfer news quicker than he does and I’m not trying to charge people a subscription..

the only thing i can think of is that his time at the brum mail has blacklisted him from the AVFC list of journos they feed info to. we've always kept cards close to our chests and when some news is ready to be broken we just give the likes of percy the exclusive

said it before i actually don't dislike the guy, some of the former player interviews and articles he's done have been good. i'd be happy to just read those...but his constant speculation of jack leaving is doing my head in when no reputable journos are saying anything of the sort

Â