The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I need an explanation as to what Declan Rice has offered to the team so far..To my eyes, literally nothing.

Absolutely nothing other then being in the same Hoboken Squat Cobbler clique as Mason and Gareth. Wierdos.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I need an explanation as to what Declan Rice has offered to the team so far..To my eyes, literally nothing.

I've never rated him, but for England he's literally an assembly of meat sat infront of the defenders. He doesn't break up play, he doesn't pick passes, he doesn't take the ball on or start counter attacks. I don't understand. He just keeps checking over his shoulder to see where the centre halves are as he's been told to just sit a few yards in front of them by an absolute fraud. This he does. This and literally nothing else.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I've never rated him, but for England he's literally an assembly of meat sat infront of the defenders. He doesn't break up play, he doesn't pick passes, he doesn't take the ball on or start counter attacks. I don't understand. He just keeps checking over his shoulder to see where the centre halves are as he's been told to just sit a few yards in front of them by an absolute fraud. This he does. This and literally nothing else.

And we ‘need’ Maguire to step up 10 yards and start pinging the ball around apparently.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He's a defensive midfielder, or is that defender in midfield. It's 5 at the back without calling it that. Which I don't necessarily mind but don't put Phillips beside him to do the same job with the occasional crossing of the half way line.

15 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He's a DMC who doesn't want the ball and if he does get it can't do anything with it

I'll be fair and say for West Ham he's got more a license to actually play football but as it is all the negatives that I can pinpoint about Nakamba on the ball and his ability to keep possession and why I think Smith likes Luiz in there because he's more interested in what we can do on the ball than what our opponents can do... Rice is worse for England, its pure thinking about our opponents before thinking about us

And we then play 2 guys in the same position? It's horrible 

18 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

A fat pig, lazy cow, headless chicken and rabbit in the headlights by any chance???

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

And we ‘need’ Maguire to step up 10 yards and start pinging the ball around apparently.

Instructions to Rice from Gareth.... cover Harry and ill get the other Harry to cover you.

Edited by Phil Silvers

24 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Phillips can do everything and more. So why do we have both. Nightmare

42 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Phillips can do everything and more. So why do we have both. Nightmare

There is absolutely no need for both.

Watch them closely on Tuesday. Watch how they receive the ball and what they do with it. Both of them are not really comfortable carrying the ball and both just get it off the full back and usually knock it back to the centre half. How many times has Phillips or Rice stepped out of that deep lying role, carried the ball forward and played a ball into Kane (like Maguire did once in the last match)? How many? Not once. Phillips got a decent assist in the first match but that was because he was playing further forward and broke through. 

Both of our defensive midfielders are trying to do the same job and we simply do not need to play two. We play with Maguire and Stones because they are ball playing centre halves. They have the ability to carry the ball out from the back and play a progressive pass. It is so painfully obvious to see that we need someone like a Mount, or perhaps a Bellingham in there to play alongside one of Rice and Phillips who is more comfortable carrying the ball forward and playing through the lines. Lets say you play Mount a little deeper as an 8, it then allows you to play Grealish or Foden as the 10 and suddenly we have infinitely more threat through the middle of the park. At the moment, the 3 in the middle are being used as a means to protect the back 4. That's why we've only had 5 shots on target all tournament. 

As soon as we play a good side, and they go ahead, we're absolutely f*****. 

This would be my XI.

--------------------Pickford---------------------
Trippier----Maguire--Stones----Shaw
--------------Rice-----Mount------------------
Saka------------Foden-------------Grealish
---------------------Kane--------------------------

But what do I know apart from everything transfer related, hey. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watch them closely on Tuesday. Watch how they receive the ball and what they do with it. Both of them are not really comfortable carrying the ball and both just get it off the full back and usually knock it back to the centre half. How many times has Phillips or Rice stepped out of that deep lying role, carried the ball forward and played a ball into Kane (like Maguire did once in the last match)? How many? Not once. Phillips got a decent assist in the first match but that was because he was playing further forward and broke through. 

Both of our defensive midfielders are trying to do the same job and we simply do not need to play two. We play with Maguire and Stones because they are ball playing centre halves. They have the ability to carry the ball out from the back and play a progressive pass. It is so painfully obvious to see that we need someone like a Mount, or perhaps a Bellingham in there to play alongside one of Rice and Phillips who is more comfortable carrying the ball forward and playing through the lines. Lets say you play Mount a little deeper as an 8, it then allows you to play Grealish or Foden as the 10 and suddenly we have infinitely more threat through the middle of the park. At the moment, the 3 in the middle are being used as a means to protect the back 4. That's why we've only had 5 shots on target all tournament. 

This would be my XI.

---------------------Kane--------------------------

I don't understand why people keep including Kane in their teams.  He's been terrible and no sign of improving.  He needs to be dropped.

I know Southgate will play him,  but if you're naming your own team, how can you justify including him?

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This would be my XI.

-------------------Watkins--------------------------

Imagine if Watkins played for England, he should have been picked.

I'm sure he'd fancy scoring a couple of goals against anyone with those players supporting him. I know this is changing the subject but the movement of Watkins would be exactly what England need right now.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Imagine if Watkins played for England, he should have been picked.

I'm sure he'd fancy scoring a couple of goals against anyone with those players supporting him. I know this is changing the subject but the movement of Watkins would be exactly what England need right now.

Watkins and JWP transform this squad, big mistake from Southgate. 

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I don't understand why people keep including Kane in their teams.  He's been terrible and no sign of improving.  He needs to be dropped.

I know Southgate will play him,  but if you're naming your own team, how can you justify including him?

See, I don't agree. Kane, Foden, Mount have all been 'poor' this tournament. They're consistently the best players at their own clubs and that's because they're managed properly in a system they're comfortable in. 

The problem isn't Kane, it's the way we are set up and the service we're giving our forward players. The two defensive midfielders are the problem and we can't play through the middle, turning teams around and getting them running back towards their own goal. Play more expansively through the middle and our wingers/Kane will be much more effective. 

Don't use Kane as a scapegoat and let Gareth off the hook. Our manager is killing our team. 

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Because the alternative is clavert lewin who is worse. I suppose you could go Sterling upfront with Sancho RW and Saka LW but aside from that we have no options due to terrible team selection. 

The lack of tracking back is a valid concern imo.

I noticed he did it at times against the Czech but he didn't do it for the whole game. There were times were he was just strolling back at walking pace.

I'm not sure if this has to do with a lack of fitness or if he is simply doing like Ronaldo and conserves energy.

Jack has even himself admitted to that is an area he can improve on.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Swap Saka for Rashford and then you've got the uber defensive, same old names lineup that we half expected Southgate to go with.

This is exactly what is going to happen. 

Grealish will get 20 minutes max, with a everyone too scared to pass to him as he has a man a few yards away.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The lack of tracking back is a valid concern imo.

I noticed he did it at times against the Czech but he didn't do it for the whole game. There were times were he was just strolling back at walking pace.

I'm not sure if this has to do with a lack of fitness or if he is simply doing like Ronaldo and conserves energy.

Jack has even himself admitted to that is an area he can improve on.

You don’t buy a Ferrari and then drive it around at 30mph because you are concerned about fuel consumption. What the actual f*** does big nose want Jack defending for when he already has like a gazillion defenders on the pitch. Get him forward, give him the ball, sit back and enjoy as he goes to town. Simples

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â