The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I think it's insane to argue that he wouldn't start here when after 3 seasons we still haven't adequately replaced him on the left wing.

If Unai can get the John McGinn who played under Gerrard to be one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, I think he can get some high level football out of one of the most talented footballers in the world.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think it's insane to argue that he wouldn't start here when after 3 seasons we still haven't adequately replaced him on the left wing.

If Unai can get the John McGinn who played under Gerrard to be one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, I think he can get some high level football out of one of the most talented footballers in the world.

Its irrelevant. People need to realise our FFP position. Its not as good as some people seem to think.

Thats why we are looking at the likes of Barkley and why we will see players sold this summer.

Grealish? We couldnt afford half of him and his wages. That's just the way it is.

On 22/05/2024 at 08:40, CosmicVillan said:

Seems a shadow of the player that used to get me off my seat at VP any time I see any clips

I genuinely don't know as I've not followed since he left but has he done anything meaningful in a City shirt - like grabbed a big winner or ran a game ?  

He scored the winner against Arsenal last season which saw Citeh overtake them and thus win the league.

• Thanks 1

For someone whose game never relied on pace or power, he's one player I have no doubt could quickly get back into form under the right coach. Even now, his touch and passing is still top notch, otherwise he wouldn't have played so much in this City team. This notion that he's "lost it" doesn't seem to be true. He plays a different role, and that's it. Just like JJ plays a different role under Unai than he did under Gerrard.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

For someone whose game never relied on pace or power, he's one player I have no doubt could quickly get back into form under the right coach. Even now, his touch and passing is still top notch, otherwise he wouldn't have played so much in this City team. This notion that he's "lost it" doesn't seem to be true. He plays a different role, and that's it. Just like JJ plays a different role under Unai than he did under Gerrard.

He doesn't play that much for City though. He made 10 league starts this season and averages 18 starts a season

Played 1000 minutes last season, in context Zaniolo played 830 and was a bit part player

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He doesn't play that much for City though. He made 10 league starts this season and averages 18 starts a season

Played 1000 minutes last season, in context Zaniolo played 830 and was a bit part player

18 starts a season for City is a lot. Even their best players rarely crack 30 because of rotation. He's an important player there, even if he's not exactly pulling up trees. The point I'm making is this wouldn't be the case unless he was still technically sound. Guys like Nunez and Phillips can't get in the side because they're not good enough technically. Pep has even publicly stated that Nunez's first touch wasn't good enough.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

18 starts a season for City is a lot. Even their best players rarely crack 30 because of rotation. He's an important player there, even if he's not exactly pulling up trees. The point I'm making is this wouldn't be the case unless he was still technically sound. Guys like Nunez and Phillips can't get in the side because they're not good enough technically. Pep has even publicly stated that Nunez's first touch wasn't good enough.

He isn't an important player though. This season only Nunes, Oscar Bobb and Lewis made fewer starts than him. Would be like saying Zaniolo is an important player for us

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He isn't an important player though. This season only Nunes, Oscar Bobb and Lewis made fewer starts than him. Would be like saying Zaniolo is an important player for us

I would argue Zaniolo was an important player for us this season, he'd have played more if not for injury but he was a key squad member. Grealish played almost the same amount of minutes as Doku who is his direct competition. They were rotated with each other but they're both important squad members. He started both legs of the CL semifinal, let's be serious, Nicolo Zaniolo he is not. This is not even mentioning last season where he was most definitely one of the most important players.

I don't even know why I'm going on this tangent. The point is, he hasn't lost his ability. He's still the same player and can do the same things, it's just that he does different things now for City.

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Has he bit his tongue 

I heard some of this interview before work this morning and I was like “since when did he have a lisp??”

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Its irrelevant. People need to realise our FFP position. Its not as good as some people seem to think.

Thats why we are looking at the likes of Barkley and why we will see players sold this summer.

Grealish? We couldnt afford half of him and his wages. That's just the way it is.

This is fine. But this thread is full of people questioning Jack's ability or professionalism or whatever and positing that he wouldn't start for us. Our starting left winger was playing Championship football 3 months ago. I think our greatest player of the 21st century could probably squeeze in ahead of him, and that's no disrespect to Rogers who was a fantastic buy.

• Like 1

Posted this on the transfer thread but take a look at Sunderlands Jack Clarke. Plays the game just like the villa Jack for me

On 21/05/2024 at 22:32, Captain_Townsend said:

He doesn't get in our first 11

He’d walk into our first XI

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’d walk into our first XI

He really doesnt. In a poor first deason Diaby was better player this season

• Like 3

Â