The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

44 minutes ago, Jareth said:

In July if Man Citeh come in with a £110m offer and massive wages, well, he'd have a decision to make. 

It would be tricky for Jack if they're title winners and Pep and KDB are still there. I think he might want to go to be honest.

I can think of the answer we'll initially have though. It starts with F and rhymes with Puck Off.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

He's become a genuine sensation now. Articles, videos, pundits, speculation. He builds on it all with every performance and the images go around the world. The hottest commodity in British football. So glad he stayed with Villa. I hope he doesn't leave. What are the chances that a club like Real Madrid or Inter Milan try to sign him?

Agree with this but Inter Milan!? Last season they were signing Ashley Young and Victor Moses...and both were starters.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

He's become a genuine sensation now. Articles, videos, pundits, speculation. He builds on it all with every performance and the images go around the world. The hottest commodity in British football. So glad he stayed with Villa. I hope he doesn't leave. What are the chances that a club like Real Madrid or Inter Milan try to sign him?

I’m sure I saw something years ago where he said (a little tongue in cheek I imagine) that he’d only ever consider leaving the villa for Real Madrid. Not that I believe they’re interested, but I personally believe he’s good enough to play for them.

6 hours ago, blandy said:

I don't think that's deluded. Surely if a player like, say, Olly Watkins, or Matt Cash - they'll improve at Villa, compared to Brentford or Forest, because, in part he's working with better players. Same applies to Jack with England.

Southgate's been slow to pick up on how good Jack is, and some of his "reasons" given have been shown to be less than open and honest, but I think if he'd said "I had some concerns over his periods of irresponsibility that I saw when he was with the U-21s and then I saw him break lockdown and maybe that all left a bit of a doubt in my mind, it would have kicked up more of a stink, but focused on Jack instead of on Southgate.

I remember Southgate from when he played for us, and he was always thoughtful, intelligent and a good man and good team man. He was also independent minded - he supported the fans point of view about Doug Ellis's penny pinching and small c conservatism. He's a good man.

Sure, like I say he's been slow to cotton on to Jack's value to teams now, but he's giving him the chance and Jack's taking it. And fwiw I think Villa as well as Jack and England are benefitting from that. He has improved, and part of that is down to either wanting to impress Southgate and force his way in, or taking on board some of what Southgate's asked of him - (even) more end product.

Erm yeah that was the point of all of my post other than the tiny bit you quoted... my point was that it’s clearly not deluded even though there are dozens of posts on here saying it is!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Agree with this but Inter Milan!? Last season they were signing Ashley Young and Victor Moses...and both were starters.

Shows you how up to date I am with calcio.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

In July if Man Citeh come in with a £110m offer and massive wages, well, he'd have a decision to make. 

I was thinking about this earlier after I made my last comment.

I just don’t think the owners would sell unless he specifically said he wanted to go.

you can’t replace him, if we had no money in the summer gone it and that bid came in you can see the reason to let him go but when you are half a dozen 20 million pound players away from definitely being a top ten team and looking to make that next step, he is simply irreplaceable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Can't see Grealish ever leaving now. Last season's relegation battle was the turning point. We'll keep building around him, and he'll become an all-time legend like Totti at Roma or Gerrard at Liverpool.

I agree to a point, if he doesn't see investment and progress each season he'll go at some point he's ambitious and rightly so, short career as they say. 

As wierd as it is I would love to see him at Madrid or Barca but only after he's given us another 3-4 years.

He’s a once in a life time player for our club in my opinion. With his age, further potential, passion and skill there isn’t a single player in the world I would swap him for right now. I see the city rumours circulating this morning, I think it’s lazy journalism, they really need to sort out their defensive out as a priority, there not that great a club they don’t have history and they always fall sort at the very top, even Sanè left them and plus Jack has proven money isn’t a key factor in his decision making, plus they’ve had there fingers burnt with one man club players like Jack Rodwell and Adam Johnson before.... 

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Erm yeah that was the point of all of my post other than the tiny bit you quoted... my point was that it’s clearly not deluded even though there are dozens of posts on here saying it is!

Yeah, fair cop Adam. I do disagree with you on your point that Southgate’s coaching both in terms of team and one to one chats isn’t a factor, too. I think it is. Not in terms of Jack’s ability, but in understanding a different system and approach.

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not really because such a miserly bid wouldn’t even get to to the stage where it’s his decision.

Let’s not get carried away. If £110M was offered there would be a discussion. 

However for the past 4 summers I don’t believe Man City’s net spend has been more than 100m (could be wrong). I don’t think they would offer that kind of amount. 

I think a lot depends on how he does this season. Continues with these numbers and then sets the euros alight is there a chance a Real Madrid or Barca could come in for him?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Both Manchester clubs linked with Jack in The Express (link below). £70m or even as high as £100m! They are going to need a bigger cheque book! Why would he want to move from a top six team to a mid-table Northern club or to one in the bottom half, in any case?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1360296/Aston-Villa-braced-for-100m-double-Man-City-transfer-raid-as-Jack-Grealish-bid-eyed-SNT

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think a lot depends on how he does this season. Continues with these numbers and then sets the euros alight is there a chance a Real Madrid or Barca could come in for him?

Barca can hardly afford to keep the lights on at the minute.

If he keeps up his ridiculous >1 goal involvement per game through the season and the Euros you would have to imagine either Real come in if they can't get Mbappe or PSG come in for him as a replacement.

Long way to go before we have to worry about that though.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s not get carried away. If £110M was offered there would be a discussion

However for the past 4 summers I don’t believe Man City’s net spend has been more than 100m (could be wrong). I don’t think they would offer that kind of amount. 

The only discussion would be: piss off hes still under contract.

• Like 2

Â