The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s not get carried away. If £110M was offered there would be a discussion. 

However for the past 4 summers I don’t believe Man City’s net spend has been more than 100m (could be wrong). I don’t think they would offer that kind of amount. 

I think a lot depends on how he does this season. Continues with these numbers and then sets the euros alight is there a chance a Real Madrid or Barca could come in for him?

I disagree, we have spent over 200m in the last two summers so while a huge sum to normal humans like you and I, why would we contemplate selling our best player for the equivalent of half of our outgoing spend.  I don’t think there would be any discussion.  

The only way I think there would be any discussion is if Jack wanted to force himself out and then the owners would have to think.  I think that scenario has gone with Jack signing a five year deal indicating he’s happy to commit long term here when he could’ve easily stuck on his three year contract which he would’ve got a pay rise on anyway.

He signed his deal and the owners are committed to build around him over the coming seasons so any bid will be rebuffed.  We’ve spent too much building around him to let him go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grealish is in the BBC "select your team" team.  Not only that but he gathered the second highest number of selections behind Kane, even more than Sterling. 

The world really has woken up. 

Only thing is, BBC ran it as a 433 so he's playing behind Sterling.  We know it's going to be 5 at the back.  I wonder is most people would still have selected him INSTEAD of Sterling. 

Regardless his appeal to the wider footballing world is now undeniable. God I wish Southgate would go 433, we'd destroy the world. 

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

With jack's marketing potential his value to us as a club cannot be underestimated. It's a real turning point in the clubs history if we can keep him and build around him. Continue our progress and top 4 is achievable within 2 seasons , maybe less if we're lucky with injuries. 

As a good a player as Kane is he doesn't have the 'Jack factor' in marketing terms. Make no mistake about it this is a once in a lifetime marketing opportunity to " make villa great again " 😝

Spot on. 

And this is where teams like Real Madrid or Barca they get interested. Footballing ability and marketing value in one.

Compare it to Christian Eriksen, he is (was?) an amazing player at Tottenham, but personality as interesting as watching wet paint dry... therefore never going to be interesting for teams like Real and Barca.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Grealish is in the BBC "select your team" team.  Not only that but he gathered the second highest number of selections behind Kane, even more than Sterling. 

The world really has woken up. 

Only thing is, BBC ran it as a 433 so he's playing behind Sterling.  We know it's going to be 5 at the back.  I wonder is most people would still have selected him INSTEAD of Sterling. 

Regardless his appeal to the wider footballing world is now undeniable. God I wish Southgate would go 433, we'd destroy the world. 

Yes the 5-2-3 is flawed as we often get outnumbered in midfield. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

With jack's marketing potential his value to us as a club cannot be underestimated. It's a real turning point in the clubs history if we can keep him and build around him. Continue our progress and top 4 is achievable within 2 seasons , maybe less if we're lucky with injuries. 

As a good a player as Kane is he doesn't have the 'Jack factor' in marketing terms. Make no mistake about it this is a once in a lifetime marketing opportunity to " make villa great again " 😝

With ambition and wealth of our owners that will be the model. Jack is the crown jewel. Madness to sell him after the effort it took to give him a new deal.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bad time to join Barcelona. Team in transition! May as well stay here and fufill his ambitions at a club on its way up. 

I agree.  Barca is such a pull but they are at their weakest at the moment with Koeman only there for this season, money issues, poor quality in the squad, ownership issues....it would be at least 18 months until Barca would be appealing and that’s if everything goes right.  Real Madrid are struggling as well.

With the rumours this could be Pep’s last season at Man City as well, options of teams that could afford Jack are falling away in the near future.  

Plus and more importantly, we aren’t selling Jack.  why we are even talking about it is silly, don’t care what dodgy media sources say.  We shouldn’t have another season where Villa fans spend so much time talking/debating whether Jack is leaving in the summer.  The signing of the five year deal literally a couple of months ago should have put an end to that debate at least for two or three years, not two or three months.

We aren’t selling, teams can’t afford him and he’s happy here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Haven't people learned from the summer when the papers were insisting that he was going to Man Utd, to just ignore the clickbait articles. It's obviously all made up as there's nothing else to write about at the moment.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

Haven't people learned from the summer when the papers were insisting that he was going to Man Utd, to just ignore the clickbait articles. It's obviously all made up as there's nothing else to write about at the moment.

Well said, we don't even get offers for him because we have made it abundantly clear that he is NOT for sale.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Yeah, fair cop Adam. I do disagree with you on your point that Southgate’s coaching both in terms of team and one to one chats isn’t a factor, too. I think it is. Not in terms of Jack’s ability, but in understanding a different system and approach.

Yeah I can accept that for sure - he’s had a lot of different coaches at Villa but exposure to another style can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

Â