The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Well said, we don't even get offers for him because we have made it abundantly clear that he is NOT for sale.

Unless its beyond reason and understanding (200 M+) I cant see our owners folding to help Man City get where they want to be. 

I can see him going to Spain one day however,  &, Is he really going to line up against the Villa ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Unless its beyond reason and understanding (200 M+) I cant see our owners folding to help Man City get where they want to be. 

I can see him going to Spain one day however,  &, Is he really going to line up against the Villa ?

I honestly don't think he is getable at any price. Its super exciting to be a Villa fan right now and Jack is a fan too.

If we can achieve success Jack will want in. The owners have to keep going for it, build and build.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I honestly don't think he is getable at any price. Its super exciting to be a Villa fan right now and Jack is a fan too.

If we can achieve success Jack will want in. The owners have to keep going for it, build and build.

unless Jack or the owners want him gone.....its just idle speculation.

What's happening now is, they are all waking up to what we already knew.

• Like 2

If folk ask me for the best UK play makers George Best and Paul Gascoigne spring to mind.

but I have been watching some of the footage back of these great players and Jack is not a million miles away from them.....dare I be so bold as to say, at times he is in their company.....consistency is key of course, but they didn't do it every match.

Jack is 25 and still learning new bits to his game, he is totally dedicated, so anything can happen.....but these comparisons are gradually becoming less and less out of place.

I am absolutely convinced the owners know exactly what they have got and will act in the best interests of Aston Villa FC with it.

PS Remember the worldie David Platt scored against Belgium....I wonder if there is an omen for Jack on his first competitve game for England against the same team.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Think what happens in January and then in the summer determines if Grealish remains a Villa player. Yeah I know, not a shocking revelation that you get what I mean.

If our owners continues to show ambition and get players in that are at the level needed to maintain a challenge for the top half then I think he might be happy to stay at his club. If not then I think City is a very realistic and likely destination. Perhaps the only realistic destination as things stand.

Barca don't have the money, Real will be going all out for M'bappé and Camavinga (at least if Zidane stays), Juve and Bayern will have other targets (and he'll be too expensive anyway). Manure will not get their act together to be a realistic target, Plop doesn't play the type of way that Grealish would be a top target and Chelsea has already rebuilt their squad. And I don't think PSG will go for him either.

On the one hand the gullible uninformed mob on here like to pretend that they're too savy for the papers and aren't pulled in by what they say, but on the other people's discourse on here is totally informed by what the papers write, an example being in the summer when people were convinced he was going to Man Utd just because the papers said so, or the way that it was taken as gospel that we wanted £80m for him, when in reality no one had a clue how much we wanted or if he was for sale at any price.

Best just to ignore the speculation of Grealish leaving until somethng concrete happens. He's only just signed a contract, so not even sure why it's an issue at the moment.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, useless said:

On the one hand the gullible uninformed mob on here like to pretend that they're too savy for the papers and aren't pulled in by what they say, but on the other people's discourse on here is totally informed by what the papers write, an example being in the summer when people were convinced he was going to Man Utd just because the papers said so, or the way that it was taken as gospel that we wanted £80m for him, when in reality no one had a clue how much we wanted or if he was for sale at any price.

Best just to ignore the speculation of Grealish leaving until somethng concrete happens. He's only just signed a contract, so not even sure why it's an issue at the moment.

it must piss him off reading constant drivel of where he is going or who he is compared with....its infantile.

Its constant isnt it in the papers. He signed a new deal a few weeks ago ffs. Be nice if for once the media could just spin it in a different angle “Villa and Jack Grealish going places after impressive start and superb financial backing- this is what an ambitious club look like coming out of the pack”

Utd all year, now City, Liverpool next week. Everyone on twitter have him on their lips, cutting out his head and pasting it onto their clubs shirts. Grealish is our captain and the whole world want him. Look how happy he is, he’s going nowhere. He’s been fighting for the badge for years to get us to this point where he can be in a competitive team high on quality, he has that now and look at us all flourishing. The media cant destroy that as much as they probably want to right now. The momentum belongs to us :flag:

• Like 4

We play in the Premier League and have a few players doing well and in Grealish case really well. Can't really be surprised or upset that the media is taking notice. Especially not since some seem annoyed about Leeds and other clubs are getting attention in the media. What did we expect? 

Rather have this than Championship oblivion and the odd mention when we come up against a PL opponent in the cup every other season. That was fun right?

• Like 2

Very pleased to hear Grealish starts tonight. I wasn’t going to watch but you can bet your ass I will now. I’d like to see Mings start too but I expect he’ll be dropped for Coady. This will be Jack’s first competitive start, won’t it? Fingers crossed for an outstanding, injury free performance. 

On the latest tabloid rumours, I’m not worried about them at all. Jack’s happy here and we have no need to sell him. He’s a few months into a 5 year contract, Villa are on the up, our owners are fecking minted and we’ve got big plans for him. Just ignore the lazy rumours and enjoy the show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

We play in the Premier League and have a few players doing well and in Grealish case really well. Can't really be surprised or upset that the media is taking notice. Especially not since some seem annoyed about Leeds and other clubs are getting attention in the media. What did we expect? 

Rather have this than Championship oblivion and the odd mention when we come up against a PL opponent in the cup every other season. That was fun right?

We're going to have to get used to it, Jack is only going to get better and he will be linked with the best clubs in world football every time he does something decent from now on. I really don't think he would move at the moment, I think he's loving it here, having very good owners who can walk the walk as well as talk the talk promising to build a team around you as captain playing for your boyhood club is beyond what any kid could dream of. Whether he stays long term I guess might depend on how successful the project is. Success here means silverware and European football, if we manage that inside the 5 years on his contract I think there's a good chance he'll be our Totti.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

We’re getting much more media attention than Leeds were, now. We deserve the credit and I’m definitely enjoying it. Especially when I listen to some of the non-Villa podcasts and they talk about us so much. Hearing a lot of praise from fans of other clubs now too, which is nice. We’re finally getting the credit we deserve, and that always brings unwanted transfer speculation, like you say. That’s fine with me, it’s just speculation borne out of admiration. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We're going to have to get used to it, Jack is only going to get better and he will be linked with the best clubs in world football every time he does something decent from now on. I really don't think he would move at the moment, I think he's loving it here, having very good owners who can walk the walk as well as talk the talk promising to build a team around you as captain playing for your boyhood club is beyond what any kid could dream of. Whether he stays long term I guess might depend on how successful the project is. Success here means silverware and European football, if we manage that inside the 5 years on his contract I think there's a good chance he'll be our Totti.

Yup, it's an indicator of how well he (and us) is doing atm

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Very pleased to hear Grealish starts tonight. I wasn’t going to watch but you can bet your ass I will now. I’d like to see Mings start too but I expect he’ll be dropped for Coady. This will be Jack’s first competitive start, won’t it? Fingers crossed for an outstanding, injury free performance. 

Coady is out the squad, think he’s self isolating.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Yup, it's an indicator of how well he (and us) is doing atm

Totally, imagine what happens if we're pushing top 6 next year with him playing in a team that has seen some more investment in a level of player closer to his... It'll be Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern being linked in the papers...

It's not the papers linking him with a move away that's the problem, they've been doing that for the last two or three seasons, that's nothing new. It's people reacting to obvious clickbait articles that's annoying, especially after we've seen it all before in the summer and previous sumers, and especially after he only signed a new five year contract on September 15th, that wasn't even two  months ago.

Edited by useless

47 minutes ago, sne said:

I don't remember seeing constant media headlines about Kalvin Phillips being linked with x or y team. 

It's not the fact we are in the press that's annoying people it's because it's for us losing our best players. 

Leeds are in the press all the time for being amazing yet we are doing better.  That's what is getting people annoyed. 

Â