The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

To avoid the wildly off topic spice girls debate, and to give Southgate a bit of credit, he has given Grealish a really good review in the press since his bizarre pre match interview.

He also seemed genuinely pleased for him when he brought him off (not in a "ha, you're not getting 90 minutes" kind of way, but a "you played great, I'm really pleased for you, you're being rested now as I need you against Belgium" kind of way...

Guess proof will be in the starting line up and I reserve the right to retract these positive comments towards him if he reverts back to type. 

57 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Just read an article online (can't link it at the moment) that says man u are confident of signing Jack in January for £45m + Lingard.

Sounds like a cracking deal for us but £45m is a little OTT, we should let them have him for £25m

This gem?

why would we even be interested in Henderson either. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Doesn't always work like that. You can't just assume a high performing player from a weaker team will perform much better if he instead played for a stronger team. How many times have we seen a player like that get a big move to a top club and proceed to flop?

Jack plays better with better players around him, that much is obvious

It's a problem for Manchester United though. They simply can't afford to buy success like they are used to. 

They have squandered everything SAF left behind, and now they have to give up on the best players and settle for spurs quality. 

Their fans know it as well. Which personally cracks me up. 

PS. They also have a huge deadwood problem. They have amassed a LOT of shite players on long contracts and huge wages. They simply can't shift them. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

If anyone was to buy Grealish in the next window the realistic fee would be £120m+.

He just signed a new contract, he ain't going anywhere, at least in England. 

If however a Juve, Real, Bayern or Barca came knocking, who knows.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If anyone was to buy Grealish in the next window the realistic fee would be £120m+.

I think the most important factor is that we have absolutely no reason or need to sell him. Provided we continue to look competitive, he'll have no reason to want to leave either.

I don't care what nonsense value other clubs put on him; to us he is priceless, and that is all that matters.

23 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We need to keep him. Time for us as a club to keep our best players and win trophies. We need to stop thinking about sales every time we have a good player. 

Buy the quality he requires to play with and throw money at him to keep him here. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

He will play his part for England but he’s not a forward, he can’t be pinned into moving into certain channels.

He scores some great goals but the Ireland game highlighted his biggest weakness which is his decision making when it comes to shooting. Should have had 2 and should have already scored more for Villa this season. 

The clamour for him to move to a ‘big club’ will be unbearable next summer. 

Much will depend on how we finish of course, I think if we were somehow to make it into Europe he’d stay 100%, even if the Europa league. A top 8/9 finish and I think he’d still likely stay but anything less than that and it’ll be in the balance, if we end up lower half and struggling again I’d say he’ll be off.

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

PS. They also have a huge deadwood problem. They have amassed a LOT of shite players on long contracts and huge wages. They simply can't shift them. 

I think that's true of all the mega clubs to be fair except perhaps Liverpool. It's one of the reasons we've managed to keep Jack I think.  So many of them are hamstrung buy players they just can't get rid of. 

Also might be how we manage to get Barkley.  Chelsea need to sell 2 /3 players to get in Declan Rice. 

So many of those players are on wages so massive that no one else could consider them other than another mega club who has the same problem. 

Edited by sidcow

Â