The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Now that he's becoming a media darling there will be more free kicks, penalties and yellow cards going our way . And players will be far more careful with how they defending against him. He'll get that extra second. It'll snowball from here on, if it hasn't all ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

Now that he's becoming a media darling there will be more free kicks, penalties and yellow cards going our way . And players will be far more careful with how they defending against him. He'll get that extra second. It'll snowball from here on, if it hasn't all ready. 

I think it started towards the start of the season. In fear of numerous free kicks, teams aren’t fouling Jack as often. Perfect for us as we’ve swapped out Hourihane’s free kick prowess for Barkley who together with Watkins and others can thrive on a key pass or assist from Jack.

3 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I’m assuming that Man Utd £50 million tweet was a wind up right ?tongue in cheek ?

I was reading a thread of Man United fans saying they can get him for 60m to replace Pogba and it’s a bargain.

Deluded.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Nicho said:

He will play his part for England but he’s not a forward, he can’t be pinned into moving into certain channels.

He scores some great goals but the Ireland game highlighted his biggest weakness which is his decision making when it comes to shooting. Should have had 2 and should have already scored more for Villa this season. 

He was restricted and careful, as thr media might start considering him selfish. Once he gets a good run with England and everyone thinks that he’s (the De Bruyne of the team), then it will be accepted from him. As we see with Villa, he do wonders once he do what he wants without restrictions.

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They have a huge advantage by playing for more successful teams, but as much stick as Sterling and Rashford get, look at their stats over the last full season. They've bloody good players and Jack's going to need to stay at his current level to have a chance. He's amazing at holding the ball, but it's keeping the goals and assists up that will earn him that starting place. 

Rashford scored 6 penalties in the prem last season. Do you seriously think Jack would have scored 3 more goals or got 1 mor assist if he was playing for united. For most of the season Jack's second best attacking player was El Ghazi (whatever you want to say he was one of 3 players who created chances for us hourihane being the other) rashford was probably not even in the top 3 for players at untied last season. Obviously Fernandes is better than him but then you have martial who is better run my opinion and Pogba was actually pretty solid when they were playing well. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I was reading a thread of Man United fans saying they can get him for 60m to replace Pogba and it’s a bargain.

Deluded.

They couldn’t afford the £85 million in the summer and given the start to the season and the 2 mom performance in a row for England I doubt they would get much change from £150 m add to that Utd are a shambles of a club at the moment in every respect. This isn’t 1998 when Utd could just go and get any player they want. As soon as Jack signed his deal based on promises that appear to have been kept the was no way he was going there.

Also for price perspective as well as paying £85 mill for maguire they paid £47 mill for FRED so I think £60 mill would struggle to get you jacks left toe nail. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Deluded.

They still think they can bully us in the marked like they used to do in the last decade

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

This gem?

why would we even be interested in Henderson either. 

Its almost like they think United rejects would be automatically welcomed elsewhere. Henderson would be behind Martinez and as for Lingard, until this tweet I forgotten he was an active footballer

33 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He scores some great goals but the Ireland game highlighted his biggest weakness which is his decision making when it comes to shooting

And for all that we think Southgate is deluded when he says Jack is improving training with England, this is one of the two reasons he will - not to do with Southgate’s coaching ability.

1) He will ALWAYS get picked for Villa and so while he will always improve and Dean will work with the ‘carrot’, there is no ‘stick’. It’s good for Villa that there is a pressure for him to improve on those areas where he can.

2) Playing with Kane, Sterling etc he just will improve and also learn things indirectly from how Pep or whoever does things (e.g. the four-week training plan mentioned in September vs Villa’s two-week schedule).

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think that's deluded. Surely if a player like, say, Olly Watkins, or Matt Cash - they'll improve at Villa, compared to Brentford or Forest, because, in part he's working with better players. Same applies to Jack with England.

Southgate's been slow to pick up on how good Jack is, and some of his "reasons" given have been shown to be less than open and honest, but I think if he'd said "I had some concerns over his periods of irresponsibility that I saw when he was with the U-21s and then I saw him break lockdown and maybe that all left a bit of a doubt in my mind, it would have kicked up more of a stink, but focused on Jack instead of on Southgate.

I remember Southgate from when he played for us, and he was always thoughtful, intelligent and a good man and good team man. He was also independent minded - he supported the fans point of view about Doug Ellis's penny pinching and small c conservatism. He's a good man.

Sure, like I say he's been slow to cotton on to Jack's value to teams now, but he's giving him the chance and Jack's taking it. And fwiw I think Villa as well as Jack and England are benefitting from that. He has improved, and part of that is down to either wanting to impress Southgate and force his way in, or taking on board some of what Southgate's asked of him - (even) more end product.

Yep Jack said himself, training with the likes of Henderson and Kane have pushed him to be better. He’s seen how hard those players work on the training pitch. I remember hearing Peter Crouch say first day training at Liverpool was an eye opener, Gerard would ping balls into him and if you didn’t control it you’d be in shit. It raising those expectations, driving people on. Hopefully, Jack comes back to Villa and pushes those around him even more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Deluded.

If it wasn’t funny it would be sad.

he has become a 9 figure player I think, and if he isn’t right now he will be next summer.

• Like 1

He's become a genuine sensation now. Articles, videos, pundits, speculation. He builds on it all with every performance and the images go around the world. The hottest commodity in British football. So glad he stayed with Villa. I hope he doesn't leave. What are the chances that a club like Real Madrid or Inter Milan try to sign him?

• Like 2

Â