The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

As much as I want jack to suceed with England, I really don't care about the England team and I really hope he stays injury free while playing these stupid Nations League games. Why even stage the tournament, actually?

• Like 2

Class performance tonight. Had the feeling he was holding back a bit from shooting to try and please waistcoat, but as the game went on you could see the England players looking for him more and more. Soon as he went off England’s threat died on its arse. Will be something next summer to see the whole country screaming for our captain. Buzzing for him, just hope he gets the well deserved start against Belgium. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

4-3-3 is the way forward.

With 5-2-3 you're gonna have to bench 2 out of Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish.

If you play with a 3 man midfield, Jack and Mount can play the 8 role, Mount being the more defensive of the 2 with Henderson holding.

Definitely maddison or Jack should be in the hole behind Kane with Henderson/rice and either maddison/mount. Out wide we have Barnes, Sancho, sterling and grealish I suppose you could bring along rashford as well but I think he is unnecessary for international efforts. He is essentially just a worse version of sterling so bringing him along doesn't improve the squad. I also think you only need kane+ 2 other strikers either DCL, Ings or watkins. You need the extra space for wingers, full backs and cms. 

Solid from Jack. I would say 6.5 out of 10 and still got MOTM. You can see how disciplined he was trying to stick to Southgates plan and for that reason I think he was limited compared to what we are used to. Very much sacrificed a bit of flair for the team game but as he becomes more confident with his England role he'll get even better. Linked up really well with Mount and Saka. Only played 60 minutes and there wasnt much intensity so good news for Villa. Guess he's going to play a part against Belgium though! 

45 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Definitely maddison or Jack should be in the hole behind Kane with Henderson/rice and either maddison/mount. Out wide we have Barnes, Sancho, sterling and grealish I suppose you could bring along rashford as well but I think he is unnecessary for international efforts. He is essentially just a worse version of sterling so bringing him along doesn't improve the squad. I also think you only need kane+ 2 other strikers either DCL, Ings or watkins. You need the extra space for wingers, full backs and cms. 

Maddison & Grealish are the two top attacking CM's in the country right now but the twit, Southgate thinks Winks is better than both of them. Great to see Jack strut his stuff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If you play with a 3 man midfield, Jack and Mount can play the 8 role

Jack is not going to be playing central midfield for England. Southgate has said that categorically. I don’t think he will play that position for Villa more than a handful of times tbh. But I do agree with you that 4-3-3 would suit England better overall.

Â