The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Can’t believe he’s getting criticism.  Some of the stuff he did tonight was far beyond the capabilities of anyone else on that pitch.

We are so privileged  to have him at our club, and the fact he’s one of us just makes it so much sweeter. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The only time I thought he was selfish was the 3 vs 2 counter with Ross to his right and Watkins to his left

Normally when he's holding on to the ball or doing something you can see the space and the team mate run that he wants whereas with that play I thought both of the others both did OK with their movement, maybe he wanted them to pull wider and split the defenders more or wanted the defender to step up and they didn't? Either way that was definitely too long 

Exactly this. That was the only time I questioned his decision making as well.

I didn't see a single time that Grealish held on to the ball when there was a pass or shot on. Leicester's defence was incredibly quick to close him down every time and cut out angles for passes.

• Like 4

When he dribbled past a few of them in their boss to set up Barkley that was fantastic and the sort of thing he is almost the only player out there with both the talent and the balls to do. We've got the owners to build a very special team around a very special captain. 

• Like 1

, I got this from bet365 site, so I guess they collect stats.

There are 20 teams with 11 players plus I'm guessing on average 2 subs. So that's 260 players.

to put him in perspective 

Jack Grealish is top 10 in the Premier League this season for:

Goals
Assists
Key passes
Big chances created
Dribbles attempted
Dribbles completed
Shots in the box
Shots on target
Blocked shots
Fouls received
Tackles won

• Like 2

Not that you can't criticise Jack of course but I certainly think it's nitpicking to say he sometimes holds on to the ball too long. Thats his game, it's what he does and I would happily have that as a trade off for all the other brilliance. This famous quote comes to mind... 

"I have a very particular set of skills that make me a nightmare for people like you" 😂

I think we are so used to seeing at least 8/10 performances from him we are taking it for granted and judging him on a much harsher scale.

There were a couple of times where it looked like he held on to the ball a little too long or perhaps could have played someone in but all in all he was excellent today. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I didn't see a single time that Grealish held on to the ball when there was a pass or shot on. Leicester's defence was incredibly quick to close him down every time and cut out angles for passes.

There was definitely one opportunity he could have got a snap shot off quickly and another where he could have slipped through Barkley or Watkins that was a poor decision. Doesn’t detract from another fantastic performance though. 

47 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I thought they actually defended really well.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, penguin said:

I think we are so used to seeing at least 8/10 performances from him we are taking it for granted and judging him on a much harsher scale.

There were a couple of times where it looked like he held on to the ball a little too long or perhaps could have played someone in but all in all he was excellent today. 

Absolutely. Confirmation, if any were needed, can be seen with the amount of people I see saying stuff like 'I don't rate him that much but this game he's been quality' on games we think he's been below average. Saw a few of these tonight and countless after the Wales game. Also shows that the people who don't rate him don't watch him play often.

• Like 1

He was the best player on the pitch by about 2 heads and shoulders.  I’m actually very surprised he wasn’t VT MOTM today.

That really WAS an 8/9 out of 10 performance today, and his constant threat is what creates space for others to do their stuff.

Of course Barkley deserves credit for the goal, and I’m delighted for that contribution, but aside from that - Grealish was the outstanding player tonight.

• Like 3

Â