The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

When he dribbled past a few of them in their boss to set up Barkley that was fantastic and the sort of thing he is almost the only player out there with both the talent and the balls to do. We've got the owners to build a very special team around a very special captain. 

You mean Jack and Brendan.....

shocked mr bean GIF

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Thug said:

He was the best player on the pitch by about 2 heads and shoulders.  I’m actually very surprised he wasn’t VT MOTM today

it’s a case of he’s always the best, so we find someone else who performed well.

• Like 3

Actually thought he was far from his best - trying to do it all himself like Jack four years ago when there were several times he could have pulled the trigger or set up a teammate. Maybe wanting to prove a point to Southgate. Hopefully he will have got it out of his system. Still just a magical player even with all the above said.

• Like 1

As the rest of the world becomes more aware of his talent, his role will change. Instead of waltzing his way through defenses every minute of the match, he’s going to continue to draw more and more attention from opposing defenses. That’ll open up holes on other areas of the pitch and it’s up to other players to exploit that.

He's amazing.

Maybe one slight criticism yesterday was he should have pulled the trigger a couple of times.

But it's so obvious that the better we get as a team, the better he will get. Just having Barkley there as a second creative influence is giving Jack freedom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Ludicrously good. Even while clattered at every opportunity and every shot or key pass quickly blocked by an excellent defence, he still looks on another planet

Keep moving the ball!!!! Keep moving the ball!!!! 😂😂🤣🤣

What makes this guy special is the fact that he keeps the ball instead of taking the easy option and moving the ball sideways

In his current role I wonder what his ceiling is.

First his ability was downplayed because he did it in the championship. Fair enough I guess. 

Then he did it in the PL. But apparantly he wasn't CL material cause he ended up sticking with his boyhood team. 

Then he continues doing it in the PL, being man of the match consistently against the best PL teams. 

Then he gets into the England squad and gets a MotM there as well.

At what point does he stop being exceptional for us and move into the world class category? Genuine question, cause I'm unsure whether so called world class players would be able to do for us what Grealish does consistently. 

Right now it feels like all we really need to do is to give him the ball and something WILL happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In his current role I wonder what his ceiling is.

First his ability was downplayed because he did it in the championship. Fair enough I guess. 

Then he did it in the PL. But apparantly he wasn't CL material cause he ended up sticking with his boyhood team. 

Then he continues doing it in the PL, being man of the match consistently against the best PL teams. 

Then he gets into the England squad and gets a MotM there as well.

At what point does he stop being exceptional for us and move into the world class category? Genuine question, cause I'm unsure whether so called world class players would be able to do for us what Grealish does consistently. 

Right now it feels like all we really need to do is to give him the ball and something WILL happen. 

He is World Class.

If he played for United or Liverpool pundits would never stop going on about him.

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Consensus is that he wasn't at his best yet created at least 3 gettable chances. Trezeguet first half, Konsa, Luiz , probably created one two more that I can't remember.

Barkley after dribbling past 4 defenders into the heart of their box. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Barkley after dribbling past 4 defenders into the heart of their box. 

My dodgy stream paused itself just as he had beaten the first two and I was like 'ffs Jack release it' as it looked like he was just going to run straight into the other two, then it started again after a couple of seconds and he just squeezed through somehow and still managed to find Barkley.  Made it all the more remarkable to watch.

There was one moment when we broke yesterday, he kept the ball for too long, I think trez and Watkins was either side of him. If there ever was a minute of negativity it's that he doesn't release earlier. 

Edited by supermon

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's a lot quicker than he ever has been.  He seems to be developing like Gareth Bale did.  The footballing ability was there, now they're firing up the athleticism.

I noticed that in the Sheffield game he looked a yard quicker and he is getting away from defenders even with the ball. 

A bit like R9 Ronaldo in PES soccer 98 on the PlayStation. 

• Like 1

Â