The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What so because someone else had the thought of Jack moving on, it was meant to be true,that's a real good way for circles and circles of false rumours to start.

“Someone else”? You say that like its some random off the street and not the guys close mate, who he’d just been on holiday with and in private had obviously had a discussion or two about the subject. For McGinn to say that, he obviously had something of an inclination to come out and say that. Jack knows he’s ready to play at the top level and wants to test himself there. We’re just very lucky we now have owners who do not want to sell, coupled with Jacks love for Villa, (and a massive payrise). I hoped all last season that the owners would block any move if we stayed up, and thankfully they have. Jack was clearly thinking it was entirely possible he’d be moving on though, confirmed in his interviews after signing.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

“Someone else”? You say that like its some random off the street and not the guys close mate, who he’d just been on holiday with and in private had obviously had a discussion or two about the subject. For McGinn to say that, he obviously had something of an inclination to come out and say that. Jack knows he’s ready to play at the top level and wants to test himself there. We’re just very lucky we now have owners who do not want to sell, coupled with Jacks love for Villa, (and a massive payrise). I hoped all last season that the owners would block any move if we stayed up, and thankfully they have. Jack was clearly thinking it was entirely possible he’d be moving on though, confirmed in his interviews after signing.

Oh come on footballers come out and say all sorts of stuff, sometimes even things they shouldnt say. 

If McGinn says he thought Grealish may leave then it's just that he thought, now if Mcginn had said, *well Jack had told him that he was ready to leave Villa Park for a club at the top end*, then that is certainly something different and worth believing that a conversation had taken place between the two.

As great as this window has been, I think keeping Jack was always going to be the signing of the summer. I still can't believe we kept hold of him tbh. 

So pleased we now have players who can genuinely support and work with Jack, there should be less reliance on him and we will see even better form and a more attractive & exciting style of play with these players working in tandem...

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

As great as this window has been, I think keeping Jack was always going to be the signing of the summer. I still can't believe we kept hold of him tbh. 

I can honestly say I didn't believe for a second he wouldn't still be here this season.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can. It was always quite likely he'd stay if we stayed up last season.

• Like 1

Seeing that many people get upset that Jack isn’t positioned in the middle as a 10,  Surely people can see that he takes up positions that a traditional 10 does on the pitch at times ? I mean messi is played wide , Ronaldinho was wide  for most of his career but was classed as a no 10.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This thread is a lot quieter than following the previous England squad announcement 

Is there a full squad listing anywhere?  Most news outlets just appear to have headlining ins and outs* rather than all the players with "more to follow" - heck even the FA's twitter admin appears to have been slumped face down on a desk for the last 21hours rather than getting the news out.

Edit; should have waited an extra 30 secs for Sky Sports to update. :D

Edited by CardiffGreens

1 minute ago, CardiffGreens said:

Is there a full squad listing anywhere?  Most news outlets just appear to have headlining ins and outs* rather than all the players with "more to follow" - heck even the FA's twitter admin appears to have been slumped face down on a desk for the last 21hours rather than getting the news out.

*Yes, blatant PFKW; you know what to do.

• Thanks 1

Mount, Ward-Prowse, Henderson..Winks? Picked in the position he wants to get into.

He's going to get Barkley into that squad and into that team, which could be a bit annoying for him if he then gets dropped for Foden/Greenwood.

Very plausible situation IMO.

Â