The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I just want him to make snappier decisions when he's in the 18 yard box.  I want him shifting that ball left or right and striking.  It's as good as hoping for a lay off on occasions because rebounds back into the box etc. 

That, and he need to be looking for 10 goals this season. 

Totti would. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I just want him to make snappier decisions when he's in the 18 yard box.  I want him shifting that ball left or right and striking.  It's as good as hoping for a lay off on occasions because rebounds back into the box etc. 

Totti would. 

I agree, he does ponder too long. Would like him to shoot abit more

Edited by Lord Willard

7/10 last night. Not one of his better games, give the ball away a couple of times which is unlike him, yet still was our main attacking threat. Think he will be a tad disappointed he didn't get on the score sheet though.

Had 3 decent chances - first one he curled wide (hardest chance, and a bit unlucky), second one dragged past the near post and then then the last one deflected over and not sure if it was finding the far corner or not (I think ultimately he should be scoring both the last two chances). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Totti would. 

The one he put just side of the right post, if he’d not taken the extra touch he would of scored in my opinion.

Darren Bent sparked a Grealish vs Foden debate on Twitter. The amount of people saying Foden without question is staggering. It's no wonder England teams are picked largely on club stature, that type of thinking seems to be ingrained in the average football fan's psyche as well.

There's no way at this point in time that Foden is better than Jack. He might be in the future, who knows. But I reckon he wouldn't be able to single-handedly get us promoted and then keep us up almost on his own. Conversely I think Jack could do whatever it is he currently does in the City team and then some. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure where it’s come from but I’ve just had a horrible feeling that United are going to panic toward the end of the window and offer something ridiculous for Jack which we might not in our right minds be able to turn down.

There is no money we can accept in our right minds. He's everything. We'd be straight back down if we sold him and the money at the end of the window would be spunked on panic buys where we'd be held to ransome. 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is this the first time Smith isn’t involved him in a cup game? He deserves the rest, and also shows that we have now made a couple of good signings that we don’t have to rely on him.

More to do with Ramsey stepping up and wanting the ball, something others (Lansbury, Hourihane) have failed to do. 

Fwiw, I like Hourihane, but he needs to do more when JG is absent. And yes, I know he didn't play tonight - I mean in the past.

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

More to do with Ramsey stepping up and wanting the ball, something others (Lansbury, Hourihane) have failed to do. 

Fwiw, I like Hourihane, but he needs to do more when JG is absent. And yes, I know he didn't play tonight - I mean in the past.

Ironically he did play tonight and he was showing for the ball more today. Probably more to do with the opposition though. He doesn't get that much time on the ball in the PL.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ironically he did play tonight and he was showing for the ball more today. Probably more to do with the opposition though. He doesn't get that much time on the ball in the PL.

Wow, not sure how I missed that. I was gazing lovingly at Ramsey I think.

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not sure where it’s come from but I’ve just had a horrible feeling that United are going to panic toward the end of the window and offer something ridiculous for Jack which we might not in our right minds be able to turn down.

Lol Manure are ****. Glazers aren't putting up big money it's all shit journo click wank. 

This would never happen. You're just inventing bad scenarios in your head

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How many you had?

Â