The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He is brilliant at LW, not a traditional style of winger at all. 

I still want to seem him play in the middle, as he has a great engine and defensively he is very good too. I will happily take my medicine that he is better at LW if it doesn't work, just want to see it again in one game with now McGinn finding form. They dominated the Championship together. (This is once we sign a quality LW obviously). 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That run for the trez shot Watkins slide... 

When villa fans "overrate" him to everyone and say he can do things no one else can, that's what we mean

There are maybe 2 or 3 players in the PL at best that could do that, certainly no other English player can 

He makes it look so easy. Picking the ball up midway inside his own half and dribbling it all the way up the pitch like that, with four Fulham players chasing him. Its four or five passes worth of transition play that’s executed by one man. 

We’re so used to seeing it now, and slowly other fans and teams are starting to notice. The thing is, there’s nothing they can do about it but foul him (or cry that he dives on social media)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

Says something when I thought he was fairly off it. He's so good. 

Part of the reason he pulls off such elaborate moves is because opponents can't believe he tries it. That run for Watkins was never on, there was no room. Jack cares not for football logic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Says something when I thought he was fairly off it. He's so good. 

Part of the reason he pulls off such elaborate moves is because opponents can't believe he tries it. That run for Watkins was never on, there was no room. Jack cares not for football logic.

I thought he had a fairly poor game by his standards.

Just goes to show what I know! 😂

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I thought he had a fairly poor game by his standards.

Just goes to show what I know! 😂

I think that also, stats look great but if anyone watched him it was obvious he wasn't up to his own high standards at times.

Edited by MaVilla

I just want to see him score the goal of the season. We all know he's going to score a world class goal sooner or later, just needs to join together one of he's runs , beat a few players, a nice one two then curl it into the corner. Please let it be the winner against Liverpool, can you imagine the silence from the media .

• Like 2

I would love to see Carragher having to talk about a defeat to Villa 🤣 They totally ignored our win last night! 

Sunday will be no joke though. I do like the fact we have given the top teams decent games of late only to concede stupid goals. We seem to be addressing that now though 🤞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That run for the trez shot Watkins slide... 

When villa fans "overrate" him to everyone and say he can do things no one else can, that's what we mean

There are maybe 2 or 3 players in the PL at best that could do that, certainly no other English player can 

A lot football fans don't really understand football beyond highlight plays and FIFA and don't realize how valuable that skill is. Bypassed an entire midfield and brought the play forward by 4/5 passes with a single run, by himself. Not only that, but he always has the wherewithal to play the killer pass after it. It's deadly. Not too many players who can do that. The people who insist he's nothing more than a 50m player have no idea what they're talking about.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tinker said:

I just want to see him score the goal of the season. We all know he's going to score a world class goal sooner or later, just needs to join together one of he's runs , beat a few players, a nice one two then curl it into the corner. Please let it be the winner against Liverpool, can you imagine the silence from the media .

Are you talking about the actual award? Because it'll just go to one of the players at the "big" clubs or Liverpool fans will just rig the poll or whatever, regardless of how good his goal is.

Edited by Mantis

2 hours ago, tinker said:

I think he's ticked that one off already. 

SameFarawayIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

A lot football fans don't really understand football beyond highlight plays and FIFA and don't realize how valuable that skill is. Bypassed an entire midfield and brought the play forward by 4/5 passes with a single run, by himself. Not only that, but he always has the wherewithal to play the killer pass after it. It's deadly. Not too many players who can do that. The people who insist he's nothing more than a 50m player have no idea what they're talking about.

He basically does a lot of what Sancho does and done stuff he doesn’t but Sancho is worth £90-100 million and nobody really questions it other than Utd who think everybody should be sold on the cheap to them to allow players to realise there dream of playing for Man Utd. I think the clowns that say he is only worth £50 are those that a new to football and get there steer of the likes of sky who only think the are 4 big clubs in the country I think they forget how big a club we are although granted the 10 years prior to new owners didn’t help

21 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

McGinn saying he thought Jack would be leaving this summer just shows it was in Jacks mind to move on after the season finished, given how good pals they are.

Very happy its worked out in our favour, makes all the difference.

What so because someone else had the thought of Jack moving on, it was meant to be true,that's a real good way for circles and circles of false rumours to start.

14 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

He basically does a lot of what Sancho does and done stuff he doesn’t but Sancho is worth £90-100 million and nobody really questions it other than Utd who think everybody should be sold on the cheap to them to allow players to realise there dream of playing for Man Utd. I think the clowns that say he is only worth £50 are those that a new to football and get there steer of the likes of sky who only think the are 4 big clubs in the country I think they forget how big a club we are although granted the 10 years prior to new owners didn’t help

Tbf, Sancho is 5 years younger and has had 2 seasons in the Bundesliga notching 20+ goals and assists together. Not saying he is necessarily a lot better than Jack, but its pretty obvious why people rate Sancho as highly as they do.

• Like 1

Â