The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol at the pundits who said he needed to leave to take that next step with his game. 

Exactly, all Grealish needs is the right players at his club who he loves and so far hes getting that.

To think Spurs could have had him for peanuts but Levy tried to have our pants down further and **** it up. Also one more West Ham goal the back-end of last year and he'd most likely be playing for United.

He's a very special player, bordering on a generational talent if he carries on, the fact he's a massive Villa fan and we now have the infrastructure to build a team around him and do him justice. Hopefully some very exciting years ahead.

1 hour ago, penguin said:

He has to be seen as one of the better players in the league at this point? His stats last year speak for themself and he seems to get better every game.

I genuinely think he's world class now.  I think we will be fending off Barcelona and the like next summer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Souness and Patrice Evra said they didn't rate Jack previously because they thought he was lazy and were glad to see him helping out defensively and working hard.  

Souness even gave some condescending line about fans only seeing the eye catching front work and not understanding the work that's needed out of sight. 

They were pleased he did work hard though and now needs to do it every week. 

My take from this is that they have never watched Jack Grealish play football before. 

I can't stand Souness 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Souness and Patrice Evra said they didn't rate Jack previously because they thought he was lazy and were glad to see him helping out defensively and working hard.  

Souness even gave some condescending line about fans only seeing the eye catching front work and not understanding the work that's needed out of sight. 

My take from this is that they have never watched Jack Grealish play football before. 

As i read the first three sentences of your post I was thinking exactly that...

How can SKY justify having pundits who do not watch the game or are at least objective.

Sourness is so biased against Manure and pro-plop it's laughable.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like most pundits, outside of the big teams they don’t know anything. And often regurgitate glib lines they’ve heard about players from smaller teams. 

It’s embarrassing  to watch 

• Like 1

who is this Souness fella? surely must be a Liverpool fan by the likes of the comments I've seen quoted on here? Grealish lazy? what kind of analysis is that for a bloke that has carried us for years and put in an absolutely sensational performance with 2 goals and 3 assists to his name against the reigning champions of England? like what?

1 minute ago, andyjsg said:

Anyone else catch Souness talking about the length of the grass? WTAF?!? Anyway I agree they have never watched Jack before, always hard working

For me it's what makes him SO outstanding.  There are/have been many hugely talented attacking players who have all the skills in the world.  And how many times do you see them described as luxury players? Only really good in a top 4 team where they have superb defensive midfielders and defenders to carry him. 

Jack has all that amazing forward play AND works exceptionally hard in defence. 

I genuinely think it was the most ill informed comment I've ever seen about one of our players anywhere. 

As others have said, it’s so good that we don’t have to go through him all the time anymore. Barkley’s runs gave him so much more space and Jack fully capitalised on that space. We’ve said it for a while that for England he would run riot as he has better players near him, that’s showing even more now. Start of season I put a £1 at 50-1 for player of the season. Play like this and he walks it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Thought exactly the same.

Their pre-match analysis of Jack sounded like it had come from a quick 5 minute scour of their teams match threads when they’d played us. Southgate probably sent them the links.

Embarrassing from professional pundits.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My take is they only pay attention to the eye catching stuff and ignore the fact that he is probably the hardest working player in the league

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â