The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Where is Jacks best position, or where would you like to see him play?

It's been pointed out to me that Jack has played in several positions so where do fans see his ideal role as? 
Currently he is playing on the left, occasionally switching to the right during games but has previously also played in a central role.

Where ever he plays we know he will roam to some degree but as we strengthen the team on the wings does this enable him to move central?

I personally don’t remember him being as influential in the middle, so much so I forgot he even played there, but that was a different time, league and most crucially team. As we bring in more skilful wingers would it allow Jack to become an AM as the pivotal playmaker in, as already said in this topic, a Totti-esque or Silva influence within the team...

3 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

It's been pointed out to me that Jack has played in several positions so where do fans see his ideal role as? 
Currently he is playing on the left, occasionally switching to the right during games but has previously also played in a central role.

Where ever he plays we know he will roam to some degree but as we strengthen the team on the wings does this enable him to move central?

I personally don’t remember him being as influential in the middle, so much so I forgot he even played there, but that was a different time, league and most crucially team. As we bring in more skilful wingers would it allow Jack to become an AM as the pivotal playmaker in, as already said in this topic, a Totti-esque or Silva influence within the team...

He started last season in central midfield and was OK but performed much better when moved to wide playmaker at LW.

Obviously both his and the teams performance hinges on what players he has around him. I don't think a CM of Luiz, McGinn and Grealish would be ideal and it would need us to sign a quality LW to replace him. At the same time we need a new CM to compete with McGinn and to replace Hourihane & Nakamba (and Lansbury) in the current starting 11.

Grealish will do fine in either position but as a team currently he is IMO most useful where he is.

15 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Posted this in the Barkley thread, more relevant here. 

I think he’s made for the Trequartista or Fantasista role, his game could reach another level (and the team):

He was outstanding when he played in the middle, in the Championship:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We had a decent team for that level and the wingers were productive (Snodgrass & Adomah), whereas for PL level our wingers have been complete shite so Jack has kind of had to play LW.

With better wingers and forwards Jack could take his game even further and link up and interchange with good attackers to make us a much more dangerous side, we have to stop relying on him to the extent that we do and have quality throughout the team.

• Like 2

my biggest complaint against Jack is that he too often slows the attack.  in the clips posted above by Jas10 he looks amazing because he is pushing the pace in every one of them.  an equally impressive series of clips from LW could be made by just selecting times he was pushing the pace.  

C'mon lad, put those calves to use!

But, if I could dream, I would like to see Jack CM with two strong wingers and an active runner up top. (Watkins and Traore may well be two of the three but too early to tell)  but only if he will relentlessly push the pace of the attack.  The idea that popped into my head while writing this, is.... I wonder if playing on the wing almost encourages him to slow down and look around, wait for help.  Playing CM in heavier traffic might force him to play more quickly.

Â