The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even if that's the case, which I'm not convinced, it's worth a try to see if he can slot into it. It's not like we're complaining that he can't get into the starting XI. he can't even get a call up when players like Mount, Winks, Ward Prowse, Phillips, Dier etc can.

It's crazy

None of them are the same, though.  Mount is an attacking midfielder, nothing else.  Winks, Ward-Prowse, Phillips, Dier are all holding midfielders.  Grealish (and Foden IMO) don't fit these boxes; they're more attacking, exploit space wide, run with the ball etc.

I'm with you - for me, he'd be in there because he offers something that none of the others do.  However, I can also see why Southgate would overlook him in favour of some inferior players due to the positions they play.  Personally, I'd like to see Grealish and Foden play together (oo-er) but it doesn't look like Southgate really wants to experiment.

Its got to be personal. He said he didn't pick him before because he was playing in the championship but he goes and picks Kalvin Philips. Lucky guy Southgate. Hes come into a job at a time when theres a wealth of young talent and he had the best draw ever to get to the world cup semis. 

• Thanks 1

Man, this has got me soooo angry.

like the rest of us , I was awaiting the announcement that Grealish had finally made the England squad and in turn I hoped this would him realise he could stay at Villa to reach his goals ( if that is he was considering leaving because of it), and that absolute Donkey Fuckkker hypocrete Southgate does it again!!!! 

Sack that fool !!!! 

I've said it for a while Southgate is a knob. Not fit to manage England. If I was Jack Grealish I'd marry a foreign bird and play for that nation. Win the world cup and stick the winners medal up southgates tush! 

Jack is adaptable enough with better players to play in a different position.

Disgraceful decision. The problems this can cause Villa re Grealish moving have increased.

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Maguire's in!!!!

I know....no way he should be in for me. Current team players obviously get the innocent before proven guilty treatment.

Jack is different as his inclusion would be very high profile....I'm sure the press would have a field day him getting rewarded for his transgressions. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

None of them are the same, though.  Mount is an attacking midfielder, nothing else.  Winks, Ward-Prowse, Phillips, Dier are all holding midfielders.  Grealish (and Foden IMO) don't fit these boxes; they're more attacking, exploit space wide, run with the ball etc.

I know they're not the same. What I'm saying is Grealish is of a high enough quality compared to some of the players to be given a go. So it doesn't make sense to me that Grealish's exclusion is purely because he doesn't fit into a system

• Like 1

No surprise, I've said previously that Southgate hasn't got the bollocks or bottle to pick Jack, simply because of the tactically ineptitude of Southgate, He has no idea how or where to play Jack let aloneformations. Tells you all you need to know about picking Mings, One of our poorest defenders all season. 

Southgate will be up there with the most poorest and cluless of England managers of all time but the FA will stick with him simply because of being a yes man and the amount of cock Southgate sucks. 

Let be honest, Southgate is about as much use as a pair of tits on a fish so we shouldn't let the judgment of a weapon cloud our own. 

It's obviously not good as Villa fans that he didn't get in but let's be honest it's not as good as football fans either. I know a lot of non-Villa fans who would love to see Grealish playing for England and I think it would be fascinating to see him play for them. He would make England more entertaining to watch too. 

Such an effing shame we have a turnip for a manager. 

We're playing Denmark and Iceland and he picks Phillips, ward Prowse, dier and rice. The bloke is a clueless. 

When we have 70% possession and Grealish AND Madison aren't even in the squad and we wonder why we can't break teams down. 

I hope we lose both games and he is sacked

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Me too. He's a fraud of a manager anyway. How'd he even get the job?

By relegating Middlesbrough and subsequently failing to bring them back up, got sacked from there and somehow everyone thought he was good enough to progress through the ranks of the national team management

Â