The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He's better than Henderson

I think so too but they play so differently it is hard to compare, plus Henderson just captained a side to the league title and I couldn't be arsed to have an argument about whether grealish is better or not 

9 hours ago, Enda said:

Last year the consensus on this site was Tammy Abraham wasn’t worth the reported £30m fee. Now Jack Grealish going for £60m is “laughable” and “shocking”.

Claret specs must be on sale.

Tammy had had 1 very poor spell in the premier league. Jack has had an excellent premier league season under his belt.

I think now Tammy has scored a number of premier league goals, the general consensus is he is out our price range. 

It's nothing to do with claret specs or whatever shit you think it is. It's a pretty fair and balanced view.

17 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Do you believe everything you read in football news? 90% of it is more bullshit than an actual fantasy novel. 

Of course. But I do believe that Utd want him and have been interested in him for a while now, and were hoping for us to go down so the transaction would be a lot more straightforward. Dont you?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Of course. But I do believe that Utd want him and have been interested in him for a while now, and were hoping for us to go down so the transaction would be a lot more straightforward. Dont you?

Man Utd would like Jack, of course they would, but they won't pay £80M for him and we won't sell for less. Why should we? What would it cost to replace him? I don't think he'll leave. He loves this club

And made this very obvious in his Twitter yesterday ending in capital letters "MY CLUB" He won't push for a move and he ain't going anywhere!!!

Edited by pintpotvilla

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I definitely wouldn't presume anything based on  the farce that is football news. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Gregg Evans seems intent that Jack’s going. I don’t believe Gregg knows as much as he likes to think he does, but we’ll have to wait and see. 

Oh and **** Michael Owen, he knows more about horses than football nowadays. 

Never rated Evans tbh. Just speculating like he did at the Mail. Yawn. 

• Like 2

Everyday this drags on Villa should add £5million to the current valuation of £80million...

Hopefully in two weeks when Grealish returns from holiday we will know one way or the other...hopefully he will stay.

11 hours ago, Enda said:

Last year the consensus on this site was Tammy Abraham wasn’t worth the reported £30m fee. Now Jack Grealish going for £60m is “laughable” and “shocking”.

Claret specs must be on sale.

It's about what he is worth to US, not what he is worth to the market.

Also, do you not expect to have Claret vision on a Villa fan site?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hope Manure cool all talk of a possible transfer. Michael Owen aka the bellend thinks he knows where Grealish has his heart set.

Michael Owen doesn't know one thing about this club nor does he give a shit. Fact. He is more interested in his horses nowadays.

You'd likely get more information out of John Barnes!

It’s clear that there will be a huge delta between our price reserve and what clubs would be willing to pay based on him having one full season in the prem and not being proven at international or CL level.

For the price that is being reported, teams would want a player who is more of a plug and play than one who is still approaching their prime. With Grealish specifically, there is still a lot of risk around him achieving that potential given his lifestyle, so coupled with Covid I don’t see anyone being comfortable meeting our reported £80M Ask on him. 

We do owe him as big of a marquee CF signing that we can, though. If we recruit well - which we should be able to do with our owners and FPP break - I suspect he could be appeased, at least for another season. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Never rated Evans tbh. Just speculating like he did at the Mail. Yawn. 

I think his insight and access is very constrained. Can’t recall him calling anything pre-emptively or in advance of any other journalist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The article Gregg wrote in The Athletic is not one you write without at least some insight of future plans in regards to Jack.  Gregg's new job has 20+ Premier League staff writers so any article they produce will be far better sourced than his Mail content. 

I think it's obvious that the team has told Jack if an agreeable bid comes in they won't stand in his way. Now as to what that # could be is anyone's guess.  Hopefully it's north of 60 million.  If these were normal times and by that I mean ManU finish 4th and no impact on the budget by Covid. I think we see that bid. Hopefully teams are a bit more tight and we get Jack for another season. 🤞

Edited by Rightdm00
Cellphone autocorrect 🤬

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The article Gregg wrote in The Athletic is not one you write without at least some insight of future plans in regards to Jack.  Gregg's new job has 20+ Premier League staff writers so any article they produce will be far better sourced than has Mail content. 

I Ithin it's obvious that the team has told Jack that if they get an agreeable bid then they won't stand in his way. Now as to what that # could be is anyones guess.  Hopefully it's north of 60 million.  If these were normal times and by that I mean ManU finish 4th and no impact on the budget by Covid. I think we see that bid. Hopefully teams are a bit more tight and we get Jack for another season. 🤞

I think it simply boils down to what Jack wants and my heart is telling me he wants a fresh challenge. We've heard all the right noises from villa since Sunday , we don't have to sell, billionaire owners, better recruitment this time but it might just come down to the player and what he wants to do for himself.

It’s still speculation. No journalist has the true inside scoop on Villa anymore, this isn’t the ownership of Xia where everything got leaked to Percy at the Telegraph. 

Villa is thankfully run far more professionally these days in that regard. 

• Like 2

Â