The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

A transfer request does nothing these days. We want north of £70m and a club has to pay that. We are in a good position because Jack isn't any player, he is a Villa lad and hero. If he doesn't get his move, he will sulk for a week and then be back playing in front of the holte end for his club and his fans. Owners don't need to sell. If we get the bid then so be it. I think the Man Utd move is moving further away if anything. They want Sancho. Man City is the one I think that could happen.

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont think i would but it depends how it goes about. If his agent leaks it to the press that would be frustrating 

I'd be more pissed if we rejected a fair offer and the player wanted to leave. The knock on effect that has to squad harmony etc if you have a player who wasn't let leave, especially when it's your captain. Need to see the bigger picture. Jack isn't been disingenuous, he's acted with integrity and class throughout - he's never fed us crap or sold us down the river. He shouldn't have to apologise for wanting to further his career with a club who are much further down the road to where we aspire to be. Why should he stay to be part of a project that could take years when he can go to a club where he doesn't have to wait around to play with a higher calibre of team mate. It's a short career.

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

A transfer request does nothing these days. We want north of £70m and a club has to pay that. We are in a good position because Jack isn't any player, he is a Villa lad and hero. If he doesn't get his move, he will sulk for a week and then be back playing in front of the holte end for his club and his fans. Owners don't need to sell. If we get the bid then so be it. I think the Man Utd move is moving further away if anything. They want Sancho. Man City is the one I think that could happen.

Or longer. Downs tools. Attitude stinks. Players turn on him. So many variables. This isn't hull away on that Monday night when he said goodbye to the fans. He's far more advanced in his career.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Why should he stay to be part of a project that could take years when he can go to a club where he doesn't have to wait around to play with a higher calibre of team mate. It's a short career.

Because we are aston villa 😉

But yeah i would agree with most of that.  I think it would cause problems if we get a fair offer and reject it. Definitely starts getying messy after that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

it would take off his bonus which with how long he's been here and how much he earns might be £5 - 10m?

in theory that's then reflected in his value

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Did you just invent that piece of history? From my recollection people said £ 30 million for Tammy was a no brainer. And that was before he had any PL experience. 

Why would I invent it when there's pages of evidence? The figures mentioned were in the £15-25m range and there was a lot of debate about it. I grabbed a handful of quotes from the Tammy thread, see below. (Because there's so many quotes I've trimmed them to bits about price.) The upper-end of the argument was a few people saying "I'd buy him even at £30m" but that was far from agreed. The consensus was good value at £15m, too risky at £30m. In retrospect, I think that was wrong.

The consensus on this thread is that if Jack leaves it will be for a fee of £70m+. I think that's wrong too.

On 29/05/2019 at 10:28, Czechlad said:

It’s a big risk. If we sign him for anywhere north of €20+ million

On 30/05/2019 at 12:52, villalad21 said:

My opinion is that he is a championship striker at best.

On 29/05/2019 at 11:54, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure he'd make the step up to the premier league as successfully as others. I think for what he'd cost from Chelsea he may not be worth it.

On 29/05/2019 at 12:11, R.Bear said:

I say buy, even for 20m. Our squad is wafer thin and this is a guy who has played and scored for us regularly, albeit in a lower league. I would prefer a loan to buy though.

On 29/05/2019 at 12:45, tonyh29 said:

I'm not totally convinced by him and think the Prem is too big a jump for him  ....  for £25m I'd rather sign , Mitrović 

On 29/05/2019 at 13:13, MaVilla said:

Abraham - Maybe but not convinced for 25m

On 29/05/2019 at 19:02, Kiwivillan said:

The way Tomori had him in his pocket and his general play in the final just confirmed my suspicion that he's not really PL quality

On 30/05/2019 at 04:30, brummybloke said:

18 million with addons for scoring x amount and us staying up and I would be very happy.

On 30/05/2019 at 05:09, lexicon said:

Tammy played a huge part in us going up and I'll always thank him for that. Not sure he's the right move for next season, though and definitely not at the price he'd command. 

On 30/05/2019 at 10:53, wilko154 said:

Would take him in a heartbeat for anywhere up to 25 million

• Like 1

my opinion on tammy hasn't changed, he's a good player and seemed a great fit for our team but I wouldn't want us spending £25m+ on him, I don't think there is a deal to be done with Chelsea for him

my opinion on jack hasn't changed either, he's key to our team, he's incredibly marketable, if we sold him we would need it to finance a rebuild the of likes of Liverpool and spurs post Coutinho and bale, he'd have to fund his replacement and a couple more players, I would want us to take someone for every penny we can, no deal to be done with us either 

the marketability cant be ignored, woodward would make millions off jack

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would you be angry at jack if he handed in a transfer request? 

Yes, yes and yes.

The same angry feeling i always get when we lose our best players to the ''big clubs''

We have forever been a selling club in modern day football and it pisses me off big time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

It's nothing to do with claret specs or whatever shit you think it is.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also, do you not expect to have Claret vision on a Villa fan site?

"It's nothing to do with claret specs" and "do you not expect to have Claret vision on a Villa fan site?" and still neither agree with me.... 😅

Never change, VT.

9 minutes ago, Enda said:

Why would I invent it when there's pages of evidence? The figures mentioned were in the £15-25m range and there was a lot of debate about it. I grabbed a handful of quotes from the Tammy thread, see below. (Because there's so many quotes I've trimmed them to bits about price.) The upper-end of the argument was a few people saying "I'd buy him even at £30m" but that was far from agreed. The consensus was good value at £15m, too risky at £30m. In retrospect, I think that was wrong.

The consensus on this thread is that if Jack leaves it will be for a fee of £70m+. I think that's wrong too.

I'll gladly admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Tammy either. In retrospect it's hard to conclude anything else than I got that wrong. Anyway, I digress, and I quote you:

'Last year the consensus on this site was Tammy Abraham wasn’t worth the reported £30m fee.'

I just can't remember that. From my memory the consensus was that he should be bought for whatever. I suspect the reason it sits with me is because I didn't think so. Thus my question. 

I think you got Grealish wrong mind. And I'm yet to see a single good argument as to why a club in our position should sell the one player keeping us up in a £200-300 million circus. We don't have to sell for financial reasons. He isn't on an outgoing contract. The level of the inflated market is well known. 

So what's your pitch? Why would we sell him for less than £ 80 million when he's our captain and the reason we're in this division? 

38 minutes ago, Enda said:

I stand by my quote. Tammy has looked average after a good start and for the money it would have cost to buy him from them I don't think it would have been worth it at the time.

(But I don't agree that we would have got him for 15-25m from Chelsea. We'd have been paying £30m at the very least)

Edited by Stevo985

15 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Yes, yes and yes.

The same angry feeling i always get when we lose our best players to the ''big clubs''

We have forever been a selling club in modern day football and it pisses me off big time.

Can't see how you could do anything but wish the guy the very best to be honest. United can offer him champions league football. We will be building on a season of survival, we can say otherwise, but that's the reality. Exposure to an audience of many more millions of viewers in the elite club competition in the world. Put yourself in his shoes. I absolutely would love him to stay. He's our best player, but id harbour absolutely no feelings of ill will towards Jack if he decided to leave. Handing in a transfer request is more when you are at the stage where the relationship is kinda fractured between club and player. That is far from the case here. He won't hand in a transfer request. If he does leave, it will be all done amicably i think. Would hate to see his relationship deteriorate between himself and Villa fans if it got drawn out and messy. He's a good lad. Didn't cost us a penny but yes, doesn't mean they don't gotta pay us either. And handsomely.

Edited by Johnnyp

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Or you might get a player who also wants to move. You have to factor that in. Now, he might want to stay. He might not want to. We aren't privy to this.

Great, so!  If a club doesn’t pay the fee then he doesn’t go!  The fee seems to be 80m according to reports, it wouldn’t be our fault if Man Utd get nowhere that.  Jack also would be realistic that if we didn’t get a realistic fee that we wouldn’t sell.

If Jack wants to go then it makes it more difficult but we aren’t going to drop our pants.  If the owners want 80m for him, they aren’t going to accept 65m for him, that’s almost 20% off.  It’s also a value (15m) of a decent player that we could buy.  Plus we aren’t a charity shop, Man Utd have plenty of money, it’s not as if they are skint, they just want Jack on the cheap.  If they don’t buy him, that’s because of them not Villa.

The owners seem to set the fee at 80m for what seems months now.  Jack knows the figure, Man Utd know the figure.  If it doesn’t happen, I’m not sure how a Jack can blame Villa at all.  Jack knows Man U have the money they just decided he wasn’t worth it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Enda said:

"It's nothing to do with claret specs" and "do you not expect to have Claret vision on a Villa fan site?" and still neither agree with me.... 😅

Never change, VT.

Certainly from my side it's nothing to do with claret specs. I can't speak for other people, just myself. Notice you ignore the rest of the post though which detailed why it's nothing to do with claret specs... All in my opinion of course.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Great, so!  If a club doesn’t pay the fee then he doesn’t go!  The fee seems to be 80m according to reports, it wouldn’t be our fault if Man Utd get nowhere that.  Jack also would be realistic that if we didn’t get a realistic fee that we wouldn’t sell.

If Jack wants to go then it makes it more difficult but we aren’t going to drop our pants.  If the owners want 80m for him, they aren’t going to accept 65m for him, that’s almost 20% off.  It’s also a value (15m) of a decent player that we could buy.  Plus we aren’t a charity shop, Man Utd have plenty of money, it’s not as if they are skint, they just want Jack on the cheap.  If they don’t buy him, that’s because of them not Villa.

The owners seem to set the fee at 80m for what seems months now.  Jack knows the figure, Man Utd know the figure.  If it doesn’t happen, I’m not sure how a Jack can blame Villa at all.  Jack knows Man U have the money they just decided he wasn’t worth it.

Where are you getting this from ? You got Nassef and Wes on speed dial ? Anything can be bandied around in the media. Werner is one of the most prolific strikers in Europe. 24. German international,  and Chelsea have paid 48 million for him. Not suggesting we are gonna be lowballed but you don't know the fee, so....

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Can't see how you could do anything but wish the guy the very best to be honest. United can offer him champions league football. We will be building on a season of survival, we can say otherwise, but that's the reality. Exposure to an audience of many more millions of viewers in the elite club competition in the world. Put yourself in his shoes. I absolutely would love him to stay. He's our best player, but id harbour absolutely no feelings of ill will or feeling towards Jack if he decided to leave. Handing in a transfer request is more when you are at the stage where the relationship is kinda fractured between club and player. That is far from the case here. He won't hand in a transfer request. If he does leave, it will be all done amicably i think. Would hate to see his relationship deteriorate between himself and Villa fans if it got drawn out and messy. He's a good lad. Didn't cost us a penny but yes, doesn't mean they don't gotta pay us either. And handsomely.

I get all of that, but the question was if he hands in a transfer request would you be angry, and the answer is still yes.

If he was to go down that road he would tarnish his relationship with the club and the fans and that shit would stick on him.

We, as a club, now we have serious owners, need to be starting to act big time and build a team around him and not doing what we have always done and give in to the so called big clubs and make them even stronger.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I'd be more pissed if we rejected a fair offer and the player wanted to leave. The knock on effect that has to squad harmony etc if you have a player who wasn't let leave, especially when it's your captain. Need to see the bigger picture. Jack isn't been disingenuous, he's acted with integrity and class throughout - he's never fed us crap or sold us down the river. He shouldn't have to apologise for wanting to further his career with a club who are much further down the road to where we aspire to be.

You seem more a Grealish fan than an Aston Villa fan.  I’d be delighted if we reject all offers, I want him to stay here.  Yes he’d sulk for a bit but wouldn’t change him next season.

38 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Why should he stay to be part of a project that could take years

Because he has 3 years left on his contract that he signed!

• Like 1

Our position is massively strengthened after staying up. Had we got relegated clubs would have played hard ball with cheeky low priced offers, hoping for Jack to put a transfer request in.

Now we don't have to sell unless Jack makes it clear he wants to leave, which in fairness I don't think many Villa fans would begrudge him that. He has never put a transfer request even in 2018 when basically it looked liked we had to sell him to avoided going bust. Thankfully Levy acted like a arse and the takeover happened. The rest as they say is history.

Basically after West Ham its win-win. Either we get a very big fee for Jack and wish him the best of club in joining one of the top 6 clubs, or we keep one of the best players in the Premier League for yet another season.

He could be our version of Le Tissier.

• Like 2

Â