The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Awol said:

United fans flouncing that “they’ll walk away” if Villa ask for more than £45M is hilarious. Most genuinely seem to think buying him is doing us a favour. Cretins. 

But they probably will walk away. Not that im suggesting Villa are in the wrong btw, but this notion that we have utd over a barrel is fanciful to say the least. It's Man United. They have vast wealth. They'll go elsewhere. I think if it becomes very clear in real and not social media negotiations that there is a huge disparity in the fee between the 2 clubs, they'll move on from him pretty quickly. If it's close throughout they'll probably get him in the end.

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s still speculation. No journalist has the true inside scoop on Villa anymore, this isn’t the ownership of Xia where everything got leaked to Percy at the Telegraph. 

Villa is thankfully run far more professionally these days in that regard. 

Was it like that under the Dr.? I seem remember the media furiously speculating about who we were interested in and Xia would just post a photo of him shaking a players hand on twitter and announce it that way. That was the only positive from the whole reign though.

18 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But they probably will walk away. Not that im suggesting Villa are in the wrong btw, but this notion that we have utd over a barrel is fanciful to say the least. It's Man United. They have vast wealth. They'll go elsewhere. I think if it becomes very clear in real and not social media negotiations that there is a huge disparity in the fee between the 2 clubs, they'll move on from him pretty quickly. If it's close throughout they'll probably get him in the end.

but that's great for us then.  We dont want him to go.  In fact we'd rather no interest in him.  We do have Utd over the barrel, they either they pay the price we want or they dont get the player they want....that's over the barrel.  For us, we either get a massive fee or we get to keep a player we dont want to lose.

Who cares if they have other options because of their vast wealth, the quicker they move on the better as far as I am concerned.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Was it like that under the Dr.? I seem remember the media furiously speculating about who we were interested in and Xia would just post a photo of him shaking a players hand on twitter and announce it that way. That was the only positive from the whole reign though.

If not Xia. Leaks were certainly coming from senior sources and Percy was getting scoop after scoop. 

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but that's great for us then.  We dont want him to go.  In fact we'd rather no interest in him.  We do have Utd over the barrel, they either they pay the price we want or they dont get the player they want....that's over the barrel.  For us, we either get a massive fee or we get to keep a player we dont want to lose.

Who cares if they have other options because of their vast wealth, the quicker they move on the better as far as I am concerned.

Or you might get a player who also wants to move. You have to factor that in. Now, he might want to stay. He might not want to. We aren't privy to this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I think his insight and access is very constrained. Can’t recall him calling anything pre-emptively or in advance of any other journalist. 

Polite. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Never rated Evans tbh. Just speculating like he did at the Mail. Yawn. 

I know for a fact that Evans was worried when he went to The Athletic because he'd have to write at least one article a week about Villa

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

But they probably will walk away.

Job done in that case. If we’d gone  down I’d happIly wish him well elsewhere, but right now he’s crucial to building on survival. 4-5 new quality 1st teamers in over the next month & he could enjoy the next season with a v good chance of making the Euros. 

Selfish but meh. I want him here for as long as possible. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It all falls apart if Grealish wants to go though. Don't think its totally salary either - the best way to persuade JG to stay would be a few really big signings that demonstrate we could be pushing for top 6 next year.

7 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Good things from Xia's reign? Signing Chester and Hourihane.

Bad things? Literally everything else associated with that bankrupt grifter.  

{85%+99%+(50%+50%+50%)/3}-51%-51%--51%-65%-10%-10%

Scales

Chart with upwards trend

#UTV

Can't say i miss these anyway.

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

It all falls apart if Grealish wants to go though. Don't think its totally salary either - the best way to persuade JG to stay would be a few really big signings that demonstrate we could be pushing for top 6 next year.

Exactly hippo. It comes down to Grealish at this stage for me. What he wants.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Job done in that case. If we’d gone  down I’d happIly wish him well elsewhere, but right now he’s crucial to building on survival. 4-5 new quality 1st teamers in over the next month & he could enjoy the next season with a v good chance of making the Euros. 

Selfish but meh. I want him here for as long as possible. 

We heard all this from us last summer and to be honest i think the same level of naivety is gripping a few here since Sunday again. Last year here it was " we'll comfortably finish 10th or 11th " with the players we signed. And we'll get it right this time what because Suso is gone ? Villa have form for the utter ridiculous. If Jack was to stay, the only way that could possibly happen in my opinion is if Villa are challenging or close to European football. Be realistic, that is not happening. Also be humble enough to respect where we are. It's not a lack of ambition. We stayed up by a point. You build on that and achieve higher next season, realistically and within your means. You say you would of wished him well had he decided to move on had we got relegated. I wish him well if he goes now. Kid didn't cost us a penny. Has cemented legendary status within the club. Villa fans need to stop been so morbid about the prospect of him leaving. Your a villa fan. Not a player fan. World will keep moving.

I wouldn't begrudge him going to City (as much as it would hurt after seeing Milner wear sky blue). Working under Guardiola alongside one of his favourite players in De Bruyne will be hard to turn down if they value him and stump up the £. He'd really excel and we'd get to see him develop into his absolute best.

It's gonna hurt but it'd hurt a little less than a transfer to United I think.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We heard all this from us last summer and to be honest i think the same level of naivety is gripping a few here since Sunday again. Last year here it was " we'll comfortably finish 10th or 11th " with the players we signed. And we'll get it right this time what because Suso is gone ? Villa have form for the utter ridiculous. If Jack was to stay, the only way that could possibly happen in my opinion is if Villa are challenging or close to European football. Be realistic, that is not happening. Also be humble enough to respect where we are. It's not a lack of ambition. We stayed up by a point. You build on that and achieve higher next season, realistically and within your means. You say you would of wished him well had he decided to move on had we got relegated. I wish him well if he goes now. Kid didn't cost us a penny. Has cemented legendary status within the club. Villa fans need to stop been so morbid about the prospect of him leaving. Your a villa fan. Not a player fan. World will keep moving.

You’re right, I am a Villa fan. We’ll be a better team by any measure next season if Grealish is in it. If he goes, so be it. I’m not naive enough to think we’ll ‘do a Wolves’ next season, but with more targeted spending on fewer, better players, we could be much better than this season. 

If you don’t believe that then what’s the point? 

Â