The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah but grealish grew up in England and probably supported the English national team. That is a completely separate kettle of fish. And no way we sell for less than 80. Grealish is 3 times the player Joelinton is and twice the player haller is and is England's best midfielder outside of Henderson. If we sell for less than 80 we will be demanding purslow's head and he will know that. 

He's better than Henderson

• Like 3

Apparently Nasef Sawiris has "slapped" an 80m price tag on him. I wonder where he's put the tag? On his face, maybe Sawiris is a saucy git an slapped it on his bum? 

Lol.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently Nasef Sawiris has "slapped" an 80m price tag on him. I wonder where he's put the tag? On his face, maybe Sawiris is a saucy git an slapped it on his bum? 

Lol.

There are only so many places you can slap before it becomes a metoo case.

• Haha 2

If he wants to go, fine, but it should be made clear to all parties that there is a date for the deal to be done. If an acceptable bid doesn't come in by then, he remains a Villa player. 

As long as the club act honourably as well as firmly I don't think Jack would have a strop. I think captaining your boyhood club in the premier league is pretty decent compensation for missing out on your "dream move", especially for 60k quid a week

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently Nasef Sawiris has "slapped" an 80m price tag on him.

No suprise really.

Many of us have stated since last season what this lad is worth and what he could go for.

Nice to see our owners also think the same in his valuation.

I don't know why it's such a shock to so many.  Worth every penny!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enda said:

Last year the consensus on this site was Tammy Abraham wasn’t worth the reported £30m fee. Now Jack Grealish going for £60m is “laughable” and “shocking”.

Claret specs must be on sale.

Did you just invent that piece of history? From my recollection people said £ 30 million for Tammy was a no brainer. And that was before he had any PL experience. 

Grealish has shown himself to be so good at this level, he's the difference between survival and relegation to AVFC. So with brutal maths you might say he's worth £200-300 million, before you consider the intangible value. 

I'd say Grealish is easily a £100 million asset at this market. Richarlison offer and McGuire etc. have set the standard. 

So yes, £60 million wouldn't be sufficient. 

Gregg Evans seems intent that Jack’s going. I don’t believe Gregg knows as much as he likes to think he does, but we’ll have to wait and see. 

Oh and **** Michael Owen, he knows more about horses than football nowadays. 

Jack is reported in "The Times" today, to fear that an £80m price tag will prove too much (or is it his prospective buyers, who see it that way?) 

I'm sorry, if Jack must go, he goes for the price that we want for him and not for a penny less. Palace have played hard ball with their valuation of Zaha in the past and we should do exactly the same. We don't need to sell, we are no longer a selling club and if another club doesn't want to pay the asking price, then it is not up for negotiation. You don't go to Harrods, pick up something and say, "I want this, but I will pay you less, than the amount that you have on your price tag for it", or if you did, you wouldn't expect to be walking out of the store, with it wrapped up in one of their green bags!

Manchester United may want to pay less for Jack, so that their money goes further and because they need to buy other players. I really don't care. We would need to replace him and to strengthen as well, somehow I don't see us being asked to pay anything less than top dollar by other clubs. Borussia Dortmund (see last paragraph below) seem to want  £110m for Sancho and insist that they will not sell him for less, why should we and is £80m really enough in comparison?

Here is the article:

"Jack Grealish fears that he could be priced out of a move to Manchester United after Aston Villa insisted that they would not accept less than £80 million for their captain. Grealish, the 24-year-old attacking midfielder, is due to hold talks with Villa this week about his future after his goal against West Ham United kept his boyhood club in the Premier League.

United are interested in signing Grealish, but the fact that Villa will be playing in the top flight next season means that they are under no pressure to sell their star player. It is understood that Villa are unwilling to lower their £80 million valuation of the England Under-21 international, who scored eight goals and provided six assists this season.

United are unlikely to pay such an amount. The club drew up two budgets, one based on Europa League qualification and the other for if they finished in the top four, which they did thanks to a 2-0 win over Leicester City on Sunday. Although United are expected to receive a £100 million windfall from their qualification to the Champions League, the club have been severely impacted by the financial crisis and have cautioned against the idea that they will go on a splurge this summer. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the United manager, has other areas in which he needs to strengthen, such as the right-wing position, up front and centre back.

Dean Smith, the Aston Villa manager, partied with Grealish and the rest of his squad on Sunday night after they avoided relegation but refused to say whether his captain would remain at the club. “I gave him a few shots and got him to sign a new five-year contract,” Smith joked in an interview with talkSPORT. “It’s a chat for another day, he’s a wonderful lad and I’ve got all the time in the world for him and I’m so pleased he scored the goal that kept us in the Premier League.”

United today distanced themselves from speculation that they had lodged an £89 million bid for Jadon Sancho, the Borussia Dortmund winger. Sancho, 20, wants to leave this summer and the club are willing to sell him, but at present United are still a long way short of Dortmund’s £110 million valuation of the England international. Dortmund insist that they will not sell Sancho for less and are happy for him to stay next season as he has two years left on his £190,000-a-week contract. Those involved in the deal fear that negotiations could drag on even though Dortmund are due to report for pre-season training on Thursday."

• Thanks 1

United fans flouncing that “they’ll walk away” if Villa ask for more than £45M is hilarious. Most genuinely seem to think buying him is doing us a favour. Cretins. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They thought we were down and they could fill their David Beckham shaped void with SJG on the cheap. Spanner in the works. Suck eggs

Do you believe everything you read in football news? 90% of it is more bullshit than an actual fantasy novel. 

• Like 1

Â