The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

When we played them first time this season and pep was singing a jacks praises, he said they couldn’t afford him (which is obviously nonsense). My dad said at the time that he wouldn’t go there because Sterling would keep him out of the side. I suggested since Pep seemed such an admirer that maybe he was looking to Jack as David Silva’s replacement, as he’s leaving at the end of the season. A stretch I know, but he really could shine in a central role, more forward, in a team that’ll be creating chance after chance. I still think he stays if we aren’t relegated though.

25 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So Man Utd are supposedly signing Jadon Sancho, they already have Fernandes, Pogba, Martial, James, Mata etc...how is Grealish going to fit in there?

It'll take him a couple of months and he'll be a key man in that side. Put him anywhere.

25 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He's more likely to be on Man. City's radar surely?

I was totally resigned to going down. Bit of hope now so I don't want him going anywhere.

If he was to leave to a UK side, I'd enjoy seeing how far Pep could push him.

5 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Was this topic not started by @kevangrealish

I think this thread is the victim of one of those mod merges. Says Kevan started it but first post is by SGC. 
I’ve lost a couple of threads to the mod merge in Off topic. 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Don't want him going to a PL side,  but can't think of any teams abroad who'd even be aware of him. 

Of course they all are, scouting networks are huge, the top clubs will know our 15 year olds

How else do you think the likes of Barry go from west brom to barca? Spurs lost teenagers to lyon and PSV last year

Everyone's watching everyone 

4 hours ago, Villa94 said:

watching utd now and people saying jack wouldnt get in their team.............they are garbage!!! 😂

These things always crack me up.

So you watch one of the biggest clubs in the world with some top players have a bad performance and all of a sudden they are garbage? 3rd in the League.

Similarly a few United fans could have watched some of Jack's recent poor performances and say the same.

Football doesn't work this way.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Exactly, teenagers.  Jack is in his mid 20s, not an international and not well known outside of the UK.

@Villan4Life will know better than me but I would have thought that the real big boy clubs have some sort of representative from their network at pretty much every PL game

The fees is the real thing though, I agree I can't see a foreign club stumping up the cash, utd in particular will market the **** out of him and get a huge return to help cover their huge investment, I don't see many foreign clubs being able to do the same

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Do you think he will stay if we stay up?

Not a chance. He’s 24 nearly 25. He needs to move on. He can’t waste another season in a relegation battle. 

Edited by Hobbit Feet

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

@Villan4Life will know better than me but I would have thought that the real big boy clubs have some sort of representative from their network at pretty much every PL game

The fees is the real thing though, I agree I can't see a foreign club stumping up the cash, utd in particular will market the **** out of him and get a huge return to help cover their huge investment, I don't see many foreign clubs being able to do the same

I'm friends with 3 guys who work as' football intermediaries' and they are on the staff of 2 major UK based agents (agencies). They definitely know what's what. I got offered a job very good pay but basically means I would have had been at the beck and call of many players. I refused to help the players of any club except Villa. Jordan Ayew, Veretout and Gana were being looked after by one of the friends I have mentioned. 

It's like a sub contracting gig whereby the players main agent will either let the club deal with the affairs of the players or the agent will get these intermediaries to look after the players. Accommodation cars clothing etc. Villa used to have a player liaison officer I'm not sure if they do now. 

Scouts will know of more players though. I remember during a school game a Walsall scout was watching us. He had a long parka notebook and the cap. Talk about making it obvious lol. I was playing LW but I used to spend more time in the CF position. So I got hauled off after 45 minutes lol. 35 minutes a half in school games in the early 90's. 

Back on point A nephew of my friend was watched by a scout and he's only 11. So the foreign clubs definitely know about Jack. Premier League is most watched league in the world.

Edited by Sulberto21

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Of course they all are, scouting networks are huge, the top clubs will know our 15 year olds

How else do you think the likes of Barry go from west brom to barca? Spurs lost teenagers to lyon and PSV last year

Everyone's watching everyone 

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Not a chance. He’s 24 nearly 25. He needs to move on. He can’t waste another season in a relegation battle. 

Honestly, I think the transfer window will be insane this summer.  Many smaller clubs will be desperate for money to ensure their survival without fans, so there will be a lot of bargains out there, but clubs with wealthy owners won't be bullied around by big teams trying to play hardball.  I think if we stay in the Premier League, our owners will set a sky-high price for Jack and if nobody is willing to meet that figure, we'll keep him.  Jack will understand and continue to give his all for the club.  If we add 4-6 quality players throughout the squad and continue to make defensive improvements, we'll be comfortably mid-table next season.  Add another quality 4-6 players the following season, and we'll be pushing for Europe.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Honestly, I think the transfer window will be insane this summer.  Many smaller clubs will be desperate for money to ensure their survival without fans, so there will be a lot of bargains out there, but clubs with wealthy owners won't be bullied around by big teams trying to play hardball.  I think if we stay in the Premier League, our owners will set a sky-high price for Jack and if nobody is willing to meet that figure, we'll keep him.  Jack will understand and continue to give his all for the club.  If we add 4-6 quality players throughout the squad and continue to make defensive improvements, we'll be comfortably mid-table next season.  Add another quality 4-6 players the following season, and we'll be pushing for Europe.  

I agree with this. The transfer window will be so interesting. Add in the potential of relaxed FFP and who knows what may happen.

Players buy in to the ethos of the club and where it wants to go.

Grealish will know who the board are looking at if we stay up and if we go down.  All players want assurances of if, when, what, happens throughout the season, plus players all talk to each these days.

I do believe he is already gone...where....Utd or City....but part of me believes that if we do stay up....and invest in the 'right players'...gets sold the plans by the board and importantly the manager.....he may stay for one more season...then leave next year....bit like Barry did.

He has just seen a 17 year old leave a championship club to join Dortmund. He is probably thinking to himself that he needs to move on and rightly so.

He will be going to City, maybe Chelsea.

Now is probably the time to show ambition and push on with his career.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

28 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He has just seen a 17 year old leave a championship club to join Dortmund. He is probably thinking to himself that he needs to move on and rightly so.

Chelsea will have no interest in him.  After the players they have, recently brought they are set for what they need.

29 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Yeah agree completely, and when it does happen let’s all remember he could of done the same and left the year we went down but he stayed and single handily pulled us back into the premier league and hopefully has kept us there. He is going to be extremely hard to replace but Aston Villa will still be Aston Villa.

• Confused 1

Â