The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

35 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

He'll go and it could be the best for all parties concerned provided we get an enormous fee and we spend the money sensibly on improving the team. Southampton are a model of how to do it right and make a better all round side. Losing your best players now and again is a fact of life for all but a handful of clubs in the world. It's what you do with the cash that counts. 

I wouldn't begrudge him the move either. Put simply, he can do better than us at the moment. He'd be well into double figures for assists if he'd had some half-competent players around him this season. The El Ghazi and Davis misses merely underlined that.

Time to look forward and not shed tears. I just hope Suso is not around to decide who we buy 😒

I don’t think Susu is that bad, most of who we got were 2nd or 3rd choices. 

Mings, Hause, Guilbert from Susu’s first winter were good choices. 

Then, Luiz, Konsa (been under Smith so I can’t say it’s Susu’s). Engels, Targett. Those are very good signings. 

Nakamba, Wesley, Trez, Samatta might be questionable but they’re so cheap (apart from Wes). And infact Trez has a great return. 

I don’t think he’s that bad. It was so hard to anyone to be honest. It’s not his fault also that his first choices weren’t made. Also the timing wasn’t much. All teams had a month before to start discussion and knowing players plans and who’s possible to come.

• Confused 1

If we stay up i hope we put up a big fight to keep him!

We are still a season away from being able to compete without him.

We need to put a marker in the ground, he goes when we are ready!

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm a Villa fan... Not a Jack Grealish fan.

I care about what's best for the club... Not what random fans think Jack ,"deserves".

Completely agree. If he's off I hope the new era and new owners will fleece the shit out of anyone involved. 

I do however hope and think he will stay if we retain our place in the PL. Lets pray we do our job this weekend and the fallout determines whatever happens. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Best pundit on TV right now and I'm not even joking. He's found his calling.

He actually likes us more than some of the ex players that played for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Even if we stay up we are not going be challenging for championship league places and thats his next step as well as international football. Good footballers need to be playing at the very highest level, anything less and he would be selling himself short. Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all. 

Leicester did it😉😂

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He actually likes us more than some of the ex players that played for us

He's really humble about getting the sack, both at us and Spurs unlike a lot of managers who you could see still feel aggrieved. Speaks highly about both clubs. Think he finally realizes he had no idea what he was doing and was lucky to be in both jobs.

If we manage to stay up, I hope that the owners match his ambition and convince him that we can grow into a team that's capable of competing closer to the level that he can play at. I get the feeling from the post-match interview, though, that the wheels are already in motion for him to leave (not to say that anything's finalised though). If we have to sell him, there are many clubs that sell their best players and build a better team off the back of it (hopefully we manage to recruit effectively), so I won't be too annoyed with him leaving his boyhood club. It's better to have had him play for us and for him to have helped drive our club forward (especially considering what could have happened following our relegation) than to never have had him play for us at all.

4 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

anyone who thinks that he is staying even if we stay up are deluded.......end of !!!

Anybody who thinks he's going is equally deluded. There's no evidence to suggest that he is. In fact, from what the owners, CEO and Smith have said there's more evidence to support a case that he is, even though nobody, likely even Jack himself know either way at this point.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Anybody who thinks he's going is equally deluded. There's no evidence to suggest that he is. In fact, from what the owners, CEO and Smith have said there's more evidence to support a case that he is, even though nobody, likely even Jack himself know either way at this point.

I cant fathom how anyone thats followed football for more than a week could possibly think this means anything.

3 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

I cant fathom how anyone thats followed football for more than a week could possibly think this means anything.

None of it means anything really. We'll just have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

I don't think he would who are united dropping from their midfield ? Pogba, Fernandes don't think they can play all 3 and have a balanced team.

Same with City who are they dropping ? They also already have Foden in a similiar mould. 

City are probably losing both silvas this year. David is off on a freebie and Bernardo said he is homesick and he is also a racist.

United could start grealish on the right and have him rotate with martial, rashford and Fernandes. 

Almost all United fans I've spoken to expect Grealish to be signed as a backup option / impact sub. Sancho and the current starting forwards seem to be their hopes for next season.

I've got to the stage where I could cope with Grealish leaving, but for him to leave to sit on a top 6 bench would be too much.

Stay at Villa and become a legend Jack.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm a Villa fan... Not a Jack Grealish fan.

I care about what's best for the club... Not what random fans think Jack ,"deserves".

I agree mate but the players hold all the power today not the clubs. If he wants to go id let him go, regrettably. You have to have players who are 100% committed to the cause.

Â