The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

11 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

If Jack's happy to leave us at this point than fine, but I'd want more than £100 million from City. Plus with a lot of transfers it can take years before you get all the cash involved, usually paid in instalments. 

Honestly hope fans don't give Jack to much stick, he's a great lad and deserve success. 

This. He more than did his part to help stabilize the club. He's entering his prime and if he goes to City he will be playing in the Champions League straight away against the best players in the world. He's earned the right. If he goes, I will follow his progress with interest and hope he does well. Maybe after 4-5 years he returns to Villa.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Yes - but arguably it’s not about replacing Grealish himself but his chances created, goals, assists, passing etc. It’s unlikely we can replace him with one player so we would need to upgrade on what we have to plug those gaps. 

We may sign someone who can create more chances than El Ghazi, someone else who can provide more goals etc. 

We can become a more balanced team without Jack and it will mean it’s less about opposition just tripling up on him like we’ve seen. 

Its a point, That can't be ignored.

I think it will feature heavily in our owners final decision.

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He obviously wants to go.

Same way he tried to go to Tottenham when we were in the Champ + tried to go to United last year. 

He doesn't love the club, and is just another player at the end of the day. The posts calling him a legend are a bit sickening, he's nowhere near that. He's guided us to an 11th placed finish and has less club appearances than J'Lloyd Samuel and Mark Bosnich. Ashley Young and Dwight Yorke both played more and scored more than him for us. Yorke even won something with us.

Really not sure why he would be held in any esteem at all if he sacks it in. We're actually on the up and can give him comparable wages at the moment which is a very different situation as to when our best players last left. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think we should reject it and counter-offer £70m for Foden.

Was about to say this. Our owners are potentially not far off as rich as Abu Dhabi so they should probably start acting like it if they're serious.

Â