The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I remain convinced there was some sort of gentleman’s agreement last  season when he signed the new contract. Give us one more year, see where we are and if an offer comes in for you we believe is right for the club. If you desire you can leave.

• Like 3

Just now, Pez1974 said:

Seen that Kev Grealish has closed his Twitter account. Could be temporary - I don't know how that works.

That is about a close to confirmation as we're gonna get until either Percy or the official website confirms it.

But it aint his brothers fault if he goes. We are better than that.

I'd say he's getting bombarded with questions rather than abuse.  Obvs there's always the odd dickhead.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He obviously wants to go.

Same way he tried to go to Tottenham when we were in the Champ + tried to go to United last year. 

He doesn't love the club, and is just another player at the end of the day. The posts calling him a legend are a bit sickening, he's nowhere near that. He's guided us to an 11th placed finish and has less club appearances than J'Lloyd Samuel and Mark Bosnich. Ashley Young and Dwight Yorke both played more and scored more than him for us. Yorke even won something with us.

Really not sure why he would be held in any esteem at all if he sacks it in. We're actually on the up and can give him comparable wages at the moment which is a very different situation as to when our best players last left. 

Lol I like this take.

1 minute ago, jim said:

I remain convinced there was some sort of gentleman’s agreement last  season when he signed the new contract. Give us one more year, see where we are and if an offer comes in for you we believe is right for the club. If you desire you can leave.

Then what was the point of it? We’ve made exactly the progress last year that we aspired to.

• Like 1

Just now, JoshVilla said:

Tbf Kev Grealish could have closed his account because he's sick of all the weirdos on social media hounding him.

Perhaps Man City want to sign him as well.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I don't get this. He's been at the club his whole life, stayed through relegation and obviously loves and supports the club. But he's being offered a move to pretty much the best current club, under the best manager in the world to play with some of the best players in the world for a record British fee. It's an amazing opportunity and anyone would consider it.

and Thats all it is...despite all the bluster of how great Man City is.....its just a chance......it could all end up in tears.

Wilfied Zaha says hi......as Benteke applauds.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

That's an insult of an offer, not like City can't afford more. No idea who the hell Morgan Rogers is?

One of their Academy players. We’ve already brought in enough players for the future this summer. 

I consider it a derisory offer and I’ll be shocked if it’s under consideration. Even £100m up front is not enough.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We've had bids refused from Arsenal and Leverkusen this window.  Let's not be little bitches and accept the first one that comes our way.

exactly, how hard have they been?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Pretty hilarious that this Rogers they're offering is another Albion youth!

perhaps their intel says we are collecting them?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Pretty hilarious that this Rogers they're offering is another Albion youth!

Maybe it's a player we've expressed an interest in considering how many other Albion youth players we've been signing. 

9 minutes ago, jim said:

I was wondering this morning. Hypothetically Jack goes for £100m, will we spend that plus any money already earmarked for this window?

If we don’t do we start to question the ambition of NSWE? They make bold claims of getting to the CL but the odd £30m signing won’t get us there.

I do hope that if Jack goes that fans don’t turn on our owners , I’m sure they’ve tried to keep ,him and would invest the money in the team - if Jack goes it’s on him not the owners 

4 minutes ago, jim said:

So all the spiel Grealish gave when he signed that long term deal was bullsh** then. Wish we’d known that at the time.

Surprised it ain't £100m comprising of £87m, some kid who played for Lincoln, the 3rd best player in their under 11's team and a cardboard cutout of KdB. 

£100m wasn't evnough. £90m and some kid nobody has ever heard from is taking the piss and we shouldn't even entertain it as a serious negotiation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

All the good faith around Villa has been so good the last few years, this is a real pity.

How we react to this obstacle is really important.

I just want this done now, so sick of hearing about it.

I think we all drink to that.....but I am convinced, if he goes, its with the owners blessing....because they are hard nosed dudes.

• Like 1

Â