The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

That’s what it feels like. 

City know this and are trying to use this transfer to leverage Spurs 

And only you guys have figured it out? 

I think you need to face reality. Now not saying he's going, but quite clearly city are interested and Jack is open to it. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That’s what it feels like. 

City know this and are trying to use this transfer to leverage Spurs 

This might be right...but if so...is that such a good thing?  Doesn't scream 'loyalty'!

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

If City are willing to spend £100 million for Jack, just imagine how much Kane is going to cost them? £150 million, more? 

I think Kane market value is comparable, if not lesser.

Jack may be willing to go to City if NSWE are willing to sell him. 

That doesn't mean he is pushing for a move. He may be just as happy to stay here.

I don't think NSWE will sell him, and I don't think he will push it if they don't. If NSWE do agree to sell, there will be something else that we are not seeing (injury concerns with his shins, a plan to invest the money etc, or a gentleman's agreement from last year - though it would be odd to stay last year and leave this year).

I still think he will stay.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely think just cementing ourselves in the top half would be success this season. Top 4 - 6 is a pipe dream at the moment. 

Honestly, if we sell Grealish, 'not being relegated' goes back to being aim number 1, and then if we can do that, solidifying in mid-table. Our form without him last season was not suggestive of avoiding a relegation battle.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The only way he will play at the world cup is if he moves. If he moves he becomes a starter for England the following day.

Only way he plays at WC a lot is if Southgate goes. Going to city won’t change that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And only you guys have figured it out? 

I think you need to face reality. Now not saying he's going, but quite clearly city are interested and Jack is open to it. 

Both can be true. Of course, he’d listen to their offer and be interested. Doesn’t mean it would be accepted. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I think Kane market value is comparable, if not lesser.

As much as I rate Jack, I think Kane is a consistently brilliant Premier League player who is certainly worth more than Jack is. I'm still amazed Spurs have held on to him as long as they have. 

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

As much as I rate Jack, I think Kane is a consistently brilliant Premier League player who is certainly worth more than Jack is. I'm still amazed Spurs have held on to him as long as they have. 

Jack is younger and has a longer contract which would even out the market valuation :) 

• Like 1

Maybe wishful thinking but the way I see it is that City have a genuine interest in JG but there is no release clause in his current contract.

An offer of £100m will not be accepted but I imagine the club (owners and Smith) will speak to JG about his thoughts and if he is desperate to leave.

If JG wants to go we will name our price and City have to meet it or it won’t go through.

I don’t envisage Jack throwing his teddies out if City then fail to match our valuation but he may not sign another contact (leaving another 4yrs to go)

I appreciate the lure of Champs League and mega bucks would be difficult to resist but I’d like to think Smith and the owners can convince JG to give us another season in which we’ll undoubtedly improve again.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Is that true? Honestly feel sorry for Toon fans. That's rough, real rough. Ashley must be blind.  

Why? Much as I absolutely detest Steve Bruce, he did what was asked of him last season. Kept them up and had a solid season. As long as he can keep avoiding relegation, Ashley will be happy - he does not give a shit what the fans think or how the club plays - his only ambition is to stay in the prem and keep the money rolling in until he can finally sell the club. Looks like Bruce will be able to do that for him for a couple more years. Horrific for the fans, great for Ashley.

Edited by TheStagMan

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why would Jack have to use city to get a better deal? Our owners are prepared to give him huge money. They want him here for his entire career. 

They didn’t need to offer him a new contract 10 months after the last one until his agent gave City encouragement to bid. 

14 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The only way he will play at the world cup is if he moves. If he moves he becomes a starter for England the following day.

This is again propaganda. Foden, Sancho, Rashford didn’t play much at the Euros either - and in fact Grealish played more than all of them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Theoretically, if Grealish went for £120m and we reinvested all of that money - could 3 £40m players replace Grealish for us?

Yes - but arguably it’s not about replacing Grealish himself but his chances created, goals, assists, passing etc. It’s unlikely we can replace him with one player so we would need to upgrade on what we have to plug those gaps. 

We may sign someone who can create more chances than El Ghazi, someone else who can provide more goals etc. 

We can become a more balanced team without Jack and it will mean it’s less about opposition just tripling up on him like we’ve seen. 

• Like 1

Â