The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I said he was as close to messi as you can get. Read back through my posts when I assumed he was leaving I kept saying he would be the perfect replacement for messi and would for the mould and even have a season or two with messi to learn more before taking over. I’m obviously well happy that never happened he’s an amazing player to watch and I’m so glad we have him and he’s ours.

Let's not go nuts, Messi does/did what Jack does plus scores at least as many as Kane.  He is definitely good enough to have played in one of Barca's great teams or any other really.  Absolutely phenomenal and he is ours.  I fully expect Southgate to deliberately play him to get kicked against Ireland.

Kane, De Bruyne, Mane, Mount, Salah, Son are probably along with Jack the best players in the league at the moment. 

BUT could they do for Villa what Jack does without being surrounded by the current players they play with 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

Favourite moment of the game, total physical and psychological dominance of his opponent. 

Michael Owen knows it too. 

Its all good. As every great performance from Jack makes more people sit up and take notice, it puts the pressure on Southgate even more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

🕶

The mount rushmore of England players according to southgate: Mason Mount's left foot, Mason Mounts right foot, Mason Mount's Head and Mason Mounts tiger head that Southgate hopes to see every night. 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

There were a few ridiculous turns in that match I need to find and privately view. One particular one he was being chased by 2 players back towards goal then just turns between them both and leaves them for dead.

I remember that. Didn't really get a proper look at it from my distance, just remember thinking "that had to be jack, it looked absolutely ridiculous". Hopefully someone can produce a good replay of that situation.

Jack was never slow but my word he's upped his pace this season. He's also shooting more and was very unlucky  not to have scored 2 tonight. That volley was heading in no doubt in my mind!

When Southgate insinuates he lacks pace and athleticism what actual narcotics is he on?! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

I remember that. Didn't really get a proper look at it from my distance, just remember thinking "that had to be jack, it looked absolutely ridiculous". Hopefully someone can produce a good replay of that situation.

It was towards the end of the game and unfortunately it's not in this compilation but this is a good watch anyway.

• Like 4

Just now, birdman said:

Jack was never slow but my word he's upped his pace this season. He's also shooting more and was very unlucky  not to have scored 2 tonight. That volley was heading in no doubt in my mind!

When Southgate insinuates he lacks pace and athleticism what actual narcotics is he on?! 

Its international week so Southgate will have another excuse. I think Jack doesnt tie his laces the same way Mason Mount does or he isnt as hard working in brushing his teeth

• Like 1

As well as largely being the best player on the pitch 75% of games he plays in, he does incredible things every game that don't come off that will be forgotten in amongst all the stuff that does.

He pinged another shot direct from a corner that was flying in today. The cut back and shot from a narrow angle would have been an unreal goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

It was towards the end of the game and unfortunately it's not in this compilation but this is a good watch anyway.

Why are these videos always ruined by shit music?  This deserves a Pantera soundtrack.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 3

In the reactions thread  I said that Jack is the best Villa player I have seen during my 61 years watching the club and I stick by that despite my hero worship of Brian Little. However, unsurprisingly there are those that dispute this and credit Paul McGrath aka God as the best ever. Obviously it will not be possible to get a consensus but could Jack be the Son of God? After all like Jesus (and Brian Little) he walks on water and is working miracles at AVFC 🙂 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kane, De Bruyne, Mane, Mount, Salah, Son are probably along with Jack the best players in the league at the moment. 

BUT could they do for Villa what Jack does without being surrounded by the current players they play with 

I think we have a legend on our hands to be fair, Grealish is in with a good chance at being an absolute great and Southgate needs to take notice.

Grealish needs national time on his hands, he could be the difference England need. Players like Grealish who change the game up do not come along very often, Southgate is an idiot if he keeps him out any longer.

Grealish just glides around players, he doesnt just make it look easy, he also absolutely wrecks defences. 

Heres my truth about Jack, I wouldnt sell for half a billion, hes just irreplaceable for us, we could never find his replacement. Our only hope is that by time he leaves hopefully years down line when he retires, that we find someone similar from our Youth.

Â