The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

My problem with it is it sounds like Southgate is judging him based on his Wikipedia page

Its not goals and assists that he's bringing to England, they have one of the most prolific strikers in the world up front, it's his ability to carry the ball and transition from midfield to attack

he can do it better than any other English player and its not even close and its a glaringly obvious problem to anyone who watches England and isn't called Gareth Southgate 

You don't pick grealish over rashford based on his goal threat FFS

• Like 4

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My problem with it is it sounds like Southgate is judging him based on his Wikipedia page

Its not goals and assists that he's bringing to England, they have one of the most prolific strikers in the world up front, it's his ability to carry the ball and transition from midfield to attack

he can do it better than any other English player and its not even close and its a glaringly obvious problem to anyone who watches England and isn't called Gareth Southgate 

You don't pick grealish over rashford based on his goal threat FFS

The mind boggles.....do they actually watch the game?or just look at stats, I sometimes wonder......or is he a little slow on the up take?

You are spot on.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Southgates latest comments on him... Ha Ha Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Getting more goals and assists now Southgate has had a chat with him

Absolute chancer

somebody southgate rates has been in his ear, and said you are making an arse of yourself.....thats my suspicion.

22 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Wow gee, thanks Gareth. Good job he worked with you for ten days and now knows how to score and assist.

That ellipsis leaves out the funniest part of the quote too. "I think that wasn't necessarily the case at the end of last season"

He was literally second only to KDB in the chance creation numbers for last season. What a clueless word removed Southgate is.

Edit - Stats up to now since the start of last season

Rashford - Non penalty goals 13, Assists 9 for the team that finished 3rd.

Grealish - Non penalty goals 12, Assists 10 for the team that finished 17th.

If only Grealish could get close to Rashford's numbers

To be fair to southgate, he references the end of last season and is right to do so. Post lockdown Jack was not producing the stats he showed earlier in the season, a quick read through this thread will show many that were in agreement with him.

14 hours ago, TRO said:

somebody southgate rates has been in his ear, and said you are making an arse of yourself.....thats my suspicion.

I think this is constantly blown out of proportion, southgate responds to questions, I think its very fair to say to Jack, these are the players you're up against and these are the stats they are showing. 

I dont think he has an agenda, I just dont think he rated him in the same way many of us do. Stick on a radio show over the last year and he constantly divides opinion, sometimes he has purple patches and is hard to ignore like right now.

• Like 1

I hated international weeks before but now they are unbearable. I can see it now, Southgate ends up finally playing Jack and gives him too many minutes. He excels, we all say told you Southgate you word removed but then he gets injured and we lose him for a lot of games.

Don’t bow to pressure Gareth. Just give him a few minutes here and there please. You know what you are doing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think this is constantly blown out of proportion, southgate responds to questions, I think its very fair to say to Jack, these are the players you're up against and these are the stats they are showing. 

I dont think he has an agenda, I just dont think he rated him in the same way many of us do. Stick on a radio show over the last year and he constantly divides opinion, sometimes he has purple patches and is hard to ignore like right now.

It’s been fairly widely reported that Southgate has instructed various members of the press not to ask questions about Jack Grealish. Obviously I can’t say definitely if that is true or not. 

His comment that Villa fans don’t like him because he left us, when he left Jack out of the squad, is at least a rather immature thing to say for a man on his position. 

I really don’t know if he has a hidden agenda but he certainly is uncomfortable talking about him. One thing I do know though, his managerial record suggests he is a very poor manager. 

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

It’s been fairly widely reported that Southgate has instructed various members of the press not to ask questions about Jack Grealish. Obviously I can’t say definitely if that is true or not. 

His comment that Villa fans don’t like him because he left us, when he left Jack out of the squad, is at least a rather immature thing to say for a man in his position. 

I really don’t know if he has a hidden agenda but he certainly is uncomfortable talking about Jack. One thing I do know though, his managerial record suggests he is a very poor manager. 

32 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

His comment that Villa fans don’t like him because he left us, when he left Jack out of the squad, is at least a rather immature thing to say for a man on his position. 

I really don’t know if he has a hidden agenda but he certainly is uncomfortable talking about him. One thing I do know though, his managerial record suggests he is a very poor manager. 

They will ask even more if that is true

6 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I just think he is compared, with other players, like you say.....but imo, inaccurately at times.

Jack does things and offers things other players he is compared with don't and vice versa.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I just think he is compared, with other players, like you say.....but imo, inaccurately at times.

Jack does things and offers things other players he is compared with don't and vice versa.

I agree, one thing that's clear though is Jack is playing football right now that is streets ahead of anything weve seen before, his form last year was great at times and poor at times (particularly during restart). You only get the luxury of inconsistent form when you are an established international.  

Â