The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think Southgate will pick him for the squad because he can’t justify dropping him but I don’t think he’ll play him, probably not even for the friendly as he won’t want the pressure to select him for the competitive games as he had before. He’ll be hoping the likes of Foden and Greenwood slot straight back in and the team perform well without Jack, then he can drop him next time. I don’t think it’s a Villa thing, I think he’s just not keen on him. 

I’d like to see Grealish and Mount (who is also excellent to be fair) have more game time together. I never really understood why Southgate kept spinning it as a choice between the two of them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he'll let him be booted by the irish then have him sit and watch the 2 important games

Ireland vs England the day after Remembrance Day with a fired up James McClean storming around the pitch making shit tackles on him and Rice(Southgate wont allow Rice near that game)

and a problem southgate has which im not sure if its making any news in the UK is that Sancho is still in poor form

only played 90 minutes in 2 games, not starting every game, 1 goal and 2 assists, then you throw in his 1 touch of the ball in the Denmark game

the discussion will be grealish or mount but the discussion should be no 5 at the back freeing up another CM, not playing 2 holding midfielders which frees up the space for mount and not starting Sancho - he should be starting with grealish, mount, sterling and kane in the 11 - absolutely not a chance that he will though

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I agree it's not a Villa thing 

Its a not wanting midfielders who want to play actual football thing... He wants the ball in to the fast running front as quickly as possible 

For that reason maddison also won't get a sniff under him 

Gascoigne or Hudson, would not have got a sniff either, despite Southgate waxing lyrical over Gazza.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and a problem southgate has which im not sure if its making any news in the UK is that Sancho is still in poor form

only played 90 minutes in 2 games, not starting every game, 1 goal and 2 assists, then you throw in his 1 touch of the ball in the Denmark game

the discussion will be grealish or mount but the discussion should be no 5 at the back freeing up another CM, not playing 2 holding midfielders which frees up the space for mount and not starting Sancho - he should be starting with grealish, mount, sterling and kane in the 11 - absolutely not a chance that he will though

I too think thst jack can play in the same team with Mount.....they do slightly different things while at the same time doing similar things at times.

The thing with the holding players, its getting ones that can sit defend , but play a bit too, the good ones can.

its almost a similar problem we have.....we keep thinking by asking for a holding midfielder, we are ignoring the offensive side, but that is not necessarily so......some of the better deep lying midfielders, actually START the attacks.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What a shame United didn't piss away next years transfer budget on him. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I too think thst jack can play in the same team with Mount.....they do slightly different things while at the same time doing similar things at times.

The thing with the holding players, its getting ones that can sit defend , but play a bit too, the good ones can.

its almost a similar problem we have.....we keep thinking by asking for a holding midfielder, we are ignoring the offensive side, but that is not necessarily so......some of the better deep lying midfielders, actually START the attacks.

Oh for a progressive midfield.  For me:

--------------------- Rice/Phillips ------------------------

--- Henderson/Foden ---------------------------------

---------------------------------- Maddison ---------------

Sterling --------------------------------------- Grealish

--------------------------- Kane -----------------------------

It would be great to see Maddison and Jack playing together.

.............Phillips......Henderson..................

.......................Maddison.............................

Sterling...............Kane..............Grealish

Having said that, in games where they are expected to have less of the ball and want to play on the counter you have to play Rashford.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

in games where they are expected to have less of the ball and want to play on the counter you have to play Rashford.

There shouldn't be any games where we are expected to have less of the ball if we put out a full strength progressive (anti-Southgate) XI??😉

• Like 1

Â