The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

A Villa youngster that actually lives up to the hype! I love his unorthodox style and the casual way he floats around the pitch. Great composure doesn't get flustered, and he's only 19! I think he'll breakthrough this season which mean the big clubs will come sniffing. I hope we have him on a long contract?  

• Like 1

He is becoming a terrific player.

I can admit that I didn't believe the hype at first, but this boy is special. If he can add a few more goals to his game, then I can see home being the best player we've had for a long, long time.

I thought he needed to improve his application....and he did tonight.

never doubted his talent....If he gets his application right like tonight.....He can be anything he wants to be.

A Villa youngster that actually lives up to the hype! I love his unorthodox style and the casual way he floats around the pitch. Great composure doesn't get flustered, and he's only 19! I think he'll breakthrough this season which mean the big clubs will come sniffing. I hope we have him on a long contract?  

Think he turned 20 this month [/pedant] but yes, agree :D

You know you've got a good player when that player waits for the defender to commit or make a decision, rather than trying to do him with a bunch of step-overs.

That is the difference.

His reactions are incredible. "Oh you're gonna try and tackle me from that angle, I'll take it over here then". Proper number 10. He's not slow by the way, just his dribbling style needs him to be in full control.

Most exciting academy prospect for many years

• Like 1

I've said before that he will quite possibly be the best prospect we've produced in decades. His technique is out of this world. His run down the left which almost lead to a penalty was exceptional. Also, I remember him taking down a massively over hit corner on the edge of his own box like it was nothing. Very few players that have played for us in the premier league could control a ball like that that easily. 

• Like 1

The thing that really impressed me was when he failed to control a ball on the left wing towards the end and let it go out for their throw. It was a really tough ball that came in high over his shoulder, and he had his head in his hands and was absolutely furious with himself.

Doesn't accept anything less than the best from himself, a damn good example for the rest of the team to follow.

One, maybe two, seasons at most. Enjoy the kid while it lasts. 

What a useless comment this is. Moronic.

How is it moronic, as such? True, we don't know how long he'll be with us, but the supposition that he's likely to eventually move to a bigger club is probably sound. 

He is becoming a terrific player.

I can admit that I didn't believe the hype at first, but this boy is special. If he can add a few more goals to his game, then I can see home being the best player we've had for a long, long time.

Ditto. He's come of age.

Wonderful player. Completely changed the game last night. All the pre-match hype about Demarai Gray being able to out-play him was put to bed after his first few dribbles where he left the opposition on their arse. Thereafter they were afraid to go near him.

its very difficult to explain to people exactly why he is so special. He isnt the fastest, doesnt use elaborate stepovers to beat a man, not does he barrel past people with pure force and strength. It is a nearly intangible quality he shows to read what the defender is planning to do and time his touch accordingly. Beautiful to watch and will probably add a longevity to his career that players relying on the more physical proponents of the game wont have

• Like 1

its very difficult to explain to people exactly why he is so special. He isnt the fastest, doesnt use elaborate stepovers to beat a man, not does he barrel past people with pure force and strength. It is a nearly intangible quality he shows to read what the defender is planning to do and time his touch accordingly. Beautiful to watch and will probably add a longevity to his career that players relying on the more physical proponents of the game wont have

Exactly this. It is very difficult to understand and explain how he does what he does. I was watching him last night glide past players, thinking why don't they tackle him? But they didn't seem to know how. Part of it is obviously that they do not want to give away a free kick high up the pitch but on the other hand it is undoubtedly because he confuses the hell out of them because he is so unpredictable.

After the game listening to the radio on the way home some noses were moaning that Rowett should have had him man marked - which shows how little they know. His close ball control and unpredictability are his greatest assets. Unlike a traditional winger, it is very difficult for defenders to work him out and he would have left a man marker for dead.

The most skillful player I have seen at Villa Park since Brian Little and that is saying something. He may even be more skillful but has a long way to go to beat Brian Little's output.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Â