The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He's a delight to watch. Theres so few British players with his sort of touch. 

not just the 1st touch, its rare in England you see a player look up the moment they get the ball never mind a player so young and inexperienced

• Like 3

One, maybe two, seasons at most. Enjoy the kid while it lasts. 

What a useless comment this is. Moronic.

Oh right, hes going to stay at Villa all his career then? 

I know which comment is the moronic one here. 

Edited by West
  • Like 1

If hes still here by the time he is 23 I will be surprised. He will only get better and Villa fan or not hell be off to a big club. Just hope its not Chelsea.

Edit: Enjoy him while we can and lets live in the present. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

We have a very young team hopefully they can grow together and get us up the top of the league so our better players don't have to leave. Jack is villa through and through so he'll stick around longer than most but we need to match his ambition  

Noticed Tim has asked him to work on his work rate this week.

He did well, especially when he gets the space," he said. "I had a word with him in the week about trying to put some work-rate in out of possession.

"I'm not asking him to be a tiger, but I want him to get himself into a shape - it might be easier, when we win the ball back, for people to find him.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/607526/Tim-Sherwood-improvement-midfielder-Birmingham-Capital-One-Cup

I think you can afford to have 1 or even 2 creative players who are not doing a lot of defensive work, provided you beef up your midfield.

Not when he's playing on the wing though. He would need to be playing as a number 10 to get away with not tracking back. Out wide when he doesn't come back the full back gets murdered 2 v 1.

I think you can afford to have 1 or even 2 creative players who are not doing a lot of defensive work, provided you beef up your midfield.

Not when he's playing on the wing though. He would need to be playing as a number 10 to get away with not tracking back. Out wide when he doesn't come back the full back gets murdered 2 v 1.

Agreed.

iNobody's point is moronic but the thing is that everytime we have a player that plays well, somebody posts on here that he will leave. That is so negative.

• Like 1

iNobody's point is moronic but the thing is that everytime we have a player that plays well, somebody posts on here that he will leave. That is so negative.

Who knows, he may stay for another 3, 4, 6 years - we really don't know, he's a bit of a special case because of the relationship with the club.  It does speak volumes about our club though that "some" fans can't even contemplate that we could improve our status and hold on to a decent player like Jack - a mad villa fan. Clearly even suggesting that he might want to build a career here or, God forbid, try to achieve some success with us, is plain ridiculous in the eyes of some.  So we go along with the assumption, the wheel keeps spinning, and we merrily encourage our best players to leave ("you'd be throwing a good career away here Jack").   No doubt these same "supporters" will also be predicting the departure of Amavi, Gueye, Traoré and Veretout soon - it really doesn't take much - a few flashes of brilliance and they are assigned to the 'too good for us' pile. What grates me is not that some of our best players will eventually move on, we all know the game.  It is the dire message this kind of negative prediction, which seems completely unfounded at the moment, sends about how we view the club and where it is going.  

Edited by Gary Thomas

Â